18th Studio Album discussion

I enjoy both albums but find that TMP, like most of Bruce's solo material, pales in comparison to the average Maiden album.

This is my take as well. In general, I more or less respect Bruce's career, but it's mostly just Accident that is on the level of prime Maiden (like, it's probably between Senjutsu and Brave New World, so album no 5,5 for me), Wedding is somewhere in the middle (somewhere between SSOASS and FotD, so album no 9,5) and the rest is definitely weaker than even the weaker Maiden albums. (though better than the Di'Anno albums).

That's actually quite a good idea, especially from the standpoint of keeping releases coming (outside of shelved live albums which, at this point, who knows when/if they'll actually come out) and keeping revenue coming into retirement. New artwork for the albums and new Eddies means new merch, so splitting a solid chunk of songs into multiple releases is a great idea.
totally agree about merch, Rod will also like the idea which is important!

Senjutsu songs were written in 2019-20, which means a gap of around six years before they might write and record in a studio again by 2026. Lots of time for ideas I hope. Steve can actually use all of Janick's ideas this time!

One crazy idea. Maiden head to the studio with several years worth of ideas from Steve, Adrian, Janick and Bruce.
They record around 120+ minutes of new material... and then drip-feed release it in three parts of around 40 minutes each (like the old days, build around one epic per release). And BANG - we get albums 18, 19 and 20 released steadily as and after they retire!
Much of it never to be toured, of course.
They always have ideas, as Steve said a lot of ideas (4 main songwriters), but I don't think they will record more than one album in advance (1 year in advance like SJ). Although they had the idea to record 2 albums in 2021. We also don't know how serious Steve's thought was about semi-retiring and still making new music.

2026 or 2027 is expected (5-6 years gap). If not, then idk.
If there would be an 18th album, Senjutsu has put the bar for it very high in my book.
Agreed. If there's one Reunion album (ok, except for BNW) I'm really curios to hear the follow-up to - it's SJ. I'm also curious about Bruce's next solo album. Both continue to release great and interesting music, which isn't easy.
(outside of shelved live albums which, at this point, who knows when/if they'll actually come out) and keeping revenue coming into retirement. New artwork for the albums and new Eddies means new merch, so splitting a solid chunk of songs into multiple releases is a great idea.
I think the live albums (plus concert videos, album/tour documentaries... what else?) are probably saved for that. They will always have merch with Eddie, like new versions of the albums.
I kind of get the sneaking suspicion that Run For Your Lives might very well be the final go-around. I think there will be a hybrid 2027 run that'll be one last go-through of stadiums in the big global markets. Why not tie an EP of new material rather than an LP into that?
2027 tour hybrid? Possible. Plus classics, as we see from the new tour, they will always be there. I mean, it's clear they don't have any interesting ideas for another History/Hits/50th anniv tour, since they ignore the whole 90's/deep cuts. Reunion era tour is possible, but I'm not sure. The best is a new album tour as usual and play mix of everything./ EP? No chance.
The songs will all be too long.
Steve's, yes, especially if they are 4 solely again. Bruce, Adrian, Janick and Dave's, we can't know.
I enjoy both albums but find that TMP, like most of Bruce's solo material, pales in comparison to the average Maiden album.
I think only AOB, TCW and TOS can be compared with Maiden albums. The rest are too different, maybe BTP and TMP with the 90's albums or Killers. As a whole albums and instrumentals, Maiden are winners without a doubt. Yes, even the 90's albums.

Last edited:
I wonder, if they are to record one more, if Nicko would try give songwriting a try again. Given all he's been through the last couple of years I can imagine this invigorating him to write something for the last time.

I wonder, if they are to record one more, if Nicko would try give songwriting a try again. Given all he's been through the last couple of years I can imagine this invigorating him to write something for the last time.
Well, he said he wrote a song for SJ (and iirc for AMOLAD), so I think it's possible. He is shy with these 4 great songwriters. Maybe with his song the songs will be more than 10. Only 2 Reunion albums are with more than 10 songs - and maybe that's because their closing songs are unique. I'm curious. The song should be a rocker like ''New Frontier'', or maybe not.

Back