#1 Record? Did you do your duty?

http://hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=297590

TOP 15: PASS THE PUNCH

Prospect Park’s hard-charging rockers Five Finger Death Punch will score their first #1 album with Got Your Six, which is set to top Friday’s HITS Building Album Sales Chart. This will mark Caroline’s fourth #1 album this year following chart-toppers by All Time Low, Alabama Shakes and Tyrese. On the SPS chart, The Weeknd will remain on top, thanks to prodigious track sales and streams.

Here’s how it looks at midweek.

4. Iron Maiden (BMG Recorded Music) 67-72k (pure album sales), 70-75K (includes streaming, track downloads)

Yeah got my deluxe version on Thursday . Anyway I actually expect TBOS to sell substantially better than TFF . The hype is much bigger , the vinyl resurrection actually helps bands like IM and IM is not the kind of band that is likely to follow the downtrend of album sales . I expect the U.k number to be huge .
Heh, so happy that it seems that i was right .
Iron Maiden’s Book of Souls should match or even exceed sales of the band’s previous studio effort, 2010’s Final Frontier, which opened with 63k. Should chart at Number 4.

Five Finger Death Punch (Prospect Park) 95-105k sales,
Travis Scott (Epic) 75-80k,
Iron Maiden (BMG Recorded Music) 65-70k,

In UK sales increased by 6.4K on Monday now stand at 51.9k, could do 65K (Piece of Mind numbers) and maybe outsell US!
The U.K number is HUGE . Doing POM numbers (the successor to TNOTB that had made Maiden a household name in the U.K ) , in this day and age, is phenomenal , astonishing .

I hope for 80k in the U.S , the early estimates usually underestimate the actual sales' number .

Last edited:
In the US Hitsdailydouble uses slightly different methodology to Billboard, as their sales figures don't tally exactly. HDD updates information daily, though most people in the industry go by the final figures produced by Billboard. Not sure how methodologies differ.

BoS could go as high as 75K in US, 80K maybe a stretch. In UK should do 65K, Piece of Mind numbers. UK numbers maybe updated about 6pm UK time Wednesday, if not will be updated Thursday at about that 6pm. Final numbers for UK late Friday. Follow below link for chart updates, ukmix is very good website for sales info.

http://www.ukmix.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=108196&start=375

Wow, I didn't know Judas Priest drummer released a solo album that sold more than new Iron Maiden album :eek:

does anyone have the full list for first week UK sales for all the other maiden albums?

This being a double Cd album means that the actual us sales are half that right? I believe they are per disc, not per album album? I read as much around the Judas Priest Nostradamus release.

This being a double Cd album means that the actual us sales are half that right? I believe they are per disc, not per album album? I read as much around the Judas Priest Nostradamus release.

What? Surely that can't be right?!

No, I Think it's 1 unit of a double album needs to sell half as many as a single album to make gold, platinum or whatever

No , that's not how sales' charts work . Each copy of the entire album is counted in the numbers , not each cd separately or each vinyl record separately .

My Deluxe edition arrived today a day earlier than forecast! Definitely the right CD to start on, the case, lyric book and CDS are awesome.

Slow Tuesday for BoS in Uk adds 2.7K, still brilliant first week, 54.6K, hopefully get through 60K. Should make Number 1 in Germany, Motorhead are Number 1 at present. Hopefully number 1 in France, Canada and Australia, important markets where people still buy (some) music.

I'll say this: if BoS doesn't chart at #1 in the US, it may be BMG's fault. They simply didn't ship enough product to meet demand. Amazon and Best Buy are completely sold out of the Deluxe Edition and Vinyl LP, and have been since the initial release date. You can't even place an order for the vinyl on Amazon, and I'm seeing "backordered, will ship in 3-4 weeks" on BestBuy.com. The record company seriously underestimated demand. I wish I'd pre-ordered the vinyl, though I've seen reports even of pre-orders not being fulfilled due to lack of supply.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ir...illboard-covered-for-being-offensive-to-kids/

Nothing like a bit of controversy to stir up some sales.

Slow Tuesday for BoS in Uk adds 2.7K, still brilliant first week, 54.6K, hopefully get through 60K. Should make Number 1 in Germany, Motorhead are Number 1 at present. Hopefully number 1 in France, Canada and Australia, important markets where people still buy (some) music.

Out of curiosity where are you getting these numbers?

Back