❤ Dating Advice For MaidenFans Thread ❤

Well not me, at least not then that's why I mentioned that I wasn't scared. Remembering her how she did it, or her energy I still believe it was a genuine and kind ask. The thing was that when I was 23 things of that nature happened to me on a daily basis, not necessarily women, or that bluntly but at this moment I took it as a normal thing to happen. So I said no as I didn't want to go to anyone's room that moment.
Of course never such a thing happened to me ever again.

@Onhell Fuck I just remembered another one. Paris, Place de la Republique, 2007 there a girl I'm crazy about her for a week or two. I was working there, she was living there. We met /went out a couple of times too much electricity between us, more from my side. She seemed to like me but not as passionately or that's what I thought.
It's afternoon, daylight still and we go back from somewhere, coffee shop, walk I don't remember, anything. We stand in front of her door, she asks me if I want to come upstairs, she didn't even said the word tea or coffee or drink, which is even better in my opinion, she just asked if I want to come upstairs, I said no I must go. I was devastated for days. She completely lost interest after that. And that was the end of an affair that it never really kicked off.

That was a very painful no to say. Even now I felt bad that memory came back. Enough, I'm stop digging :D
Lol, that reminded me to a Seinfeld episode:

Lol, that reminded me to a Seinfeld episode:

Yes, Costanza was mentioned a few posts above, I think mine is worse as she didn't mentioned coffee /drink /tea but straightforward invitation (to my defence she didn't say let's make love upstairs either :D), plus it was still daylight so I wasn't tired or anything like that. And last, it wasn't even that funny, not then at least! :D

@Onhell Fuck I just remembered another one...

One that bugs me TO THIS DAY, must have been.... 18 years ago or so. I was at a bar waiting for a friend. Well said friend was running a little late, then a lot late. I was getting more irritated by the minute. Then this girl sitting by the bar says something and smiles. I turn and ask, "What?" She says, "I really like your glasses!" and smiles again. "I just said, "oh, thanks." turn back to the muted sports on the screen for like 10 more minutes and then left, because at that point my friend was over 30 minutes late and I had arrived early so it was close to an hour of me just sitting there. Like three days later I thought, huh shoulda just talked to the girl at the bar LOL

I remember talking to a bar-woman about a story I had with a girl. I don't remember the girl or the story, but certainly it was one of my unforgivable failures because she said: Tell me that you slept with that woman that day (I hadn't that or any other day) or I will never talk to you again. Very embarrassed I said yes, yes of course but maybe not too convincing as she didn't say anything and started drying the glasses with the cloth. At least I don't remember the story, hahahah my brain deleted it, imagine how utterly stupid that might have been :D

I remember talking to a bar-woman about a story I had with a girl. I don't remember the girl or the story, but certainly it was one of my unforgivable failures because she said: Tell me that you slept with that woman that day (I hadn't that or any other day) or I will never talk to you again. Very embarrassed I said yes, yes of course but maybe not too convincing as she didn't say anything and started drying the glasses with the cloth. At least I don't remember the story, hahahah my brain deleted it, imagine how utterly stupid that might have been :D
Ugh, I know! I can think of two right off the top of my head that were "slam dunks" and somehow I went home alone lol. Man, to be young hahaha. I don't miss it in the slightest hahahaha

I don't see it as a young /old thing. In the bigger picture, it’s like taking penalties; you gonna put some, loose some, no matter how good you are, like any attempts in life.

I don't see it as a young /old thing. In the bigger picture, it’s like taking penalties; you gonna put some, loose some, no matter how good you are, like any attempts in life.

In my case it was definitely a skill/experience issue lol. Got better with age. My most recent "lose" I don't see it as such at all, because I wasn't ready for something anyway. I had recently moved back to Mexico, my divorce wasn't even finalized yet and I was just focusing on work. The language institute I was working at the time was in a strip mall and took up the top two floors, on the ground floor was a burger restaurant ran entirely by women. They had gourmet burgers and drinks like flavored cappuccinos and the like. One of the servers was a very cute young lady.

I had gotten in the habit that on payday, as a treat to myself I'd have dinner there and splurge on a "nice" burger and a cappuccino. So obviously I she and I would get to talking, after like a couple of months or so this one time she asks me, "Anything else?" and jokingly I'm like, "oh god no, haha, I'm stuffed." She says, "Really? I can eat like two of those, easy." "oh wow, yeah, well, there's no way I can, I'm not 15 anymore," to which she says without missing a beat, "Neither am I." I was so blindsided by that comment I just went quiet and I'm sure I turned red.

I was soooo consumed by my divorce and work I didn't notice all the signs and that's fine. I wasn't ready. Hell just a few months later I'd meet my first Mexican gf since returning and three months after that mess I'd meet my current ex, not really ex... it's complicated lol. So yeah, once the skill/experience issue was overcome at this point it's a matter of being mentally/emotionally ready and/or even wanting it to begin with.

We went out to the pub again last night, I gave her a ride home and we sat in my car talking for about an hour before she went inside.

This again. We've been out together since that post, gotten closer still and people are starting to notice something's changed between us and are asking questions. So, last night ended with a conversation about us. Long story short: She does like me and wants to be with me but doesn't feel she's in the right headspace after her breakup.

I'm not really sure how to play things. I don't want to give up or lose her, but I also don't want to hang onto potentially false hope.

I'm not really sure how to play things. I don't want to give up or lose her, but I also don't want to hang onto potentially false hope.
Depends on how strongly you feel about her. You could straight up volunteer to be her rebound guy, have some fun, and maybe it lasts and maybe it doesn't. Or if you have more serious feelings, then let her know you're interested and ready for more whenever she feels she's ready, and that she's worth the wait. Then continue as you have been, and either she'll unexpectedly jump on you one of these nights, or you'll suddenly find out that she started dating someone else without telling you, and your heart will be broken.

Depends on how strongly you feel about her. You could straight up volunteer to be her rebound guy, have some fun, and maybe it lasts and maybe it doesn't. Or if you have more serious feelings, then let her know you're interested and ready for more whenever she feels she's ready, and that she's worth the wait. Then continue as you have been, and either she'll unexpectedly jump on you one of these nights, or you'll suddenly find out that she started dating someone else without telling you, and your heart will be broken.

I'm not really interested in being her rebound, I told her as much last night (she apparently couldn't tell I was interested in her, I said I was treading carefully and that was one of the reasons why), and she doesn't seem the type to want that either. If she was, wouldn't we be having a different conversation?

I think we both feel quite strongly about each other, I think she is worth waiting for and can carry on as we are. Maybe now we've got it out in the open she'll realise sooner than she thinks that she's ready to be with me... or it might just burn out, which is what worries me about waiting.

I think we both feel quite strongly about each other...
Nope, you do. Like she said, she isn't in the right headspace, so keep that in mind, I agree with Jer. Regardless seems like you're going into this with eyes wide open, so just don't be too shocked if it doesn't work out. That being said, I hope it does. Good luck with it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jer
I think I’ve made this joke in the past but if there’s a saying “I’m so hungry I could eat a horse” there should also be “I’m so horny I could fuck a horse”. There’s no need to resort to horses, though, as there are so many beautiful women around. Then again, I don’t get to sleep with any of them…

“I’m so horny I could fuck a horse”.
Breed.jpg
Who could say “neigh” to that…?

New coworker is super cute.

The downside is that I'm the one who hired her and I'm her boss.

Dammit.

New plan. Fire her. Like just stone cold, "you're work sucks, you're FIRED." She'll leave stunned, and better yet, sobbing. Then go to the local bar where she's going to be drowning her sorrows. She'll confront you like, "Hey, HEY, yeah youuuuu mister BIIIIIG Shot." She's like 4 shots of Absolute Cranberry in. "HEY, I'm talking to you mister big shot. You, you like, do that often, huh? you like HUMILIATE your employees and fucking fire their ass?" And that's your chance! You say in your smoothest, silkiest tone possible, "Well, I thought you were super cute, but I couldn't date you cuz I'm your boss, but now, that's not a problem." In her vulnerable, drunken state she looks down at the floor, back at you and in a trembling voice says, "you think I'm pretty?" "No, I said cute, but sure why not, pretty works too." And she'll smile and say, "aw, you think I'm pretty, you're kinda hot too, not gonna lie, the way you fired me was kinda hot. We should make out." And you do, then we fast forward 2 years and you two are married with a new born and she's yelling at you, because once again you forgot to pick up pickles from the store. aaaah, true love, a beautiful thing.

New coworker is super cute.

The downside is that I'm the one who hired her and I'm her boss.

Dammit.
As long as she initiates things herself and your company doesn't have a strict no-fraternization policy, I'm sure an org chart change could happen if the situation calls for it.

Clearly the org chart is the real issue here.
Most companies frown upon fraternizing IF it's a supervisor with an employee. Coworkers of equal status is usually OK. At one job, if a supervisor did date an underling, I mean, minion, i mean, henchman, sorry, henchperson, they would be switched to another team or even another project.

Reactions: Jer
Back