Iron Maiden Tour 2025 - Discussion

I have a feeling (and, to be clear, I'm not hinting at anything) that next we'll see another tour based on Live After Death.
The 2008/2009 tours basically covered that, and they have done all this 80’s stuff now. If they do so, they are becoming close to a joke in my opinion.

Its time to either move forward with new album/tour, do a 50th anniversary thing, or something similar to Legacy tour.

do a 50th anniversary thing, or something similar to Legacy tour.
It would be pretty much the same thing as a LAD retrospective tour, honestly.
Most of Maiden hits are in that album. If you play let's say, 2 Minutes to Midnight, Aces High, Powerslave, Rime of the Ancient Mariner, Wrathchild, Running Free and so on it's already most of the setlist from LAD.

1- Aces High
2- 2 Minutes to Midnight (first time in 5 years)
3- Children of the Damned (first time in 8 years)
4- The Trooper
5- Phantom of the Opera (first time in 11 years)
6- Run to the Hills
7- Powerslave (first time in 8 years)
8- Rime of the Ancient Mariner (first time in 16 years)
9- Wrathchild (first time in 8 years)
10- Hallowed be Thy Name
11- The Number of the Beast
12- Iron Maiden

13- Alexander the Great
14- Fear of the Dark
15- Running Free (first time in 12 years)

This would be one of Maiden's laziest setlist ever but at the same time it would feature songs which have not been played in around a decade.
Very similar to 2009, but again, those are the closest thing Maiden has to hits.

I hope we won´t ever hear another Aces High or RTTH performed live again. There is no way Bruce could pull them off even if they were both in the first half of the set. Actually I really hope they play more mid range Bruce songs in favor of the old high pitched vocls he cannot pull of consistently anymore.

I hope we won´t ever hear another Aces High or RTTH performed live again. There is no way Bruce could pull them off even if they were both in the first half of the set. Actually I really hope they play more mid range Bruce songs in favor of the old high pitched vocls he cannot pull of consistently anymore.

I don't get this. Bruce was excellent on those songs in 2018/19.
He struggled in 2022 but he even did better than in 2013/14.

Another LAD tour would be a massive disappointment for me. There are so many interesting eras but continuously going back to the first five albums is a shame. Cabaret and all that.

I love that era (it is my favourite and the 4 SBIT shows I went to in 2008 are some of the best gigs I have ever been to) but I dread to think how Rime of the Ancient Mariner could sound like live in 2025.

I agree with Aces High, I think they're done with it. RTTH is still possible cause Bruce can just kinda talk/act through the verses.

I have a feeling (and, to be clear, I'm not hinting at anything) that next we'll see another tour based on Live After Death.
I really really doubt it. I don't think they will want to repeat themselves. They could just release another comic book for the anniv of Powerslave. Bruce mentioned this possibility, irrc. Both Nicko and Bruce have expressed a desire to play more deep cuts - and only a 50 years celebration (which Bruce kind of hinted at) will allow them a complete setlist freedom.
I think that to do a LAD themed tour it's enough to celebrate 50 years.
Wow. Big disagree here. It should be something new, unique and with a surprising setlist.
The main reasons I'm starting to think they will do something like that are:

- Bruce said various times that he wanted to do songs like Rime again
- There are quite a few stadiums already booked for next year, and LAD represent their most popular era. Just advertising the tour as a celebration of that era will be enough to sell shitload of tickets.
- It will be 40 years since its release.
- The LAD setlist is basically a greatest hits setlist. Also, in 2008 they didn't play songs from the Hammersmith shows (22 Acacia Avenue, Wrathchild, Phantom of The Opera). If they include those then it can be seen as a 50 years celebration too.
- The tombstone which gets uncovered on the screen(s) during Hell on Earth it's the same as the one on LAD cover. We know Maiden plans way in advance, and that's the kind of hint Maiden give us.
- The setlist wouldn't be too demanding, at least from the "we gotta learn these songs again" side. Aces High, Children of the Damned, Powerslave... all songs they've been playing "recently".
Rime is a live favorite of Bruce, Steve and Dave.
They don't need help with the tickets.
Bruce hinted something for the 50 anniv of the band.
LAD/2008 tours setlist is Greatest Hits, but only from a few selected albums.
The LAD hint in the Hell On Earth backdrop probably means nothing. This time.
Songs from Powersalve are demanding and Nicko himself wants to play more deep cuts.
I actually think they might do LOTB style tour, but the three worlds will be themed after World Slavery Tour, Somewhere On Tour and Seventh Tour. And I have a feeling that Rime, Alex and SSOASS might be played.
If they use the Legacy style tour again, the worlds won't be themed after the albums, they will be themed after the songs themes again. But I doubt they'll want to use 3 (different, more or less) stage decors again. I also don't think they'll want to limit the setlist choices with the worlds. Despite the success of the this tour. SIT album got its spotlight with the current tour and SSOASS album with the ME tour for 3 years. It would be exactly like the SBIT tour. How many times they will specifically celebrate these albums...? Makes no sense to me. Just choose from all albums now.

2 of these 3 epics are possible. Or if they start the tour in Greece, they can play Alexander and then drop it from the set.
it completely ruined the 2022 leg.
Not for me.
I hope they do something special for stadium shows - bigger production, lighting rigs, sets, and maybe additional effects. Stadium shows are the only chance to improve some things they have never done in the past, and the 50 Anni would be a great opportunity to propose something "out of this world".
Maiden's stages are perfect imo (especially the recent ones), but I do hope for something special (like LOTB stage).
The 2008/2009 tours basically covered that, and they have done all this 80’s stuff now.
Its time to either move forward with new album/tour, do a 50th anniversary thing....
Another LAD tour would be a massive disappointment for me. There are so many interesting eras but continuously going back to the first five albums is a shame. Cabaret and all that.
This. Everything but that again.
It would be pretty much the same thing as a LAD retrospective tour, honestly.
Most of Maiden hits are in that album. If you play let's say, 2 Minutes to Midnight, Aces High, Powerslave, Rime of the Ancient Mariner, Wrathchild, Running Free and so on it's already most of the setlist from LAD.
I don't expect most of these songs. Especially after the last 2 tours and the fresh approach to the setlists. And Maiden have hits (some are more) from basically all albums. Ok, they don't want to do for the 90's, but the Reunion albums are filled with great and (some songs) are easier for the band now.
1- Aces High
2- 2 Minutes to Midnight (first time in 5 years)
3- Children of the Damned (first time in 8 years)
4- The Trooper
5- Phantom of the Opera (first time in 11 years)
6- Run to the Hills
7- Powerslave (first time in 8 years)
8- Rime of the Ancient Mariner (first time in 16 years)
9- Wrathchild (first time in 8 years)
10- Hallowed be Thy Name
11- The Number of the Beast
12- Iron Maiden

13- Alexander the Great
14- Fear of the Dark
15- Running Free (first time in 12 years)

This would be one of Maiden's laziest setlist ever but at the same time it would feature songs which have not been played in around a decade.
Rime, Number, Wratchild and 2 Minutes are possible, but such a lazy setlist now, I can't see it. Why would they want to repeat themselves. The band wants to play more rare songs.
I'm sure that, LAD or not, Rime will be in the 2025 setlist
The thing is, they have to pick the right songs because of Nicko. Not Bruce, although the songs are challenging. Songs like Rime, Seventh Son, Aces High, RTTH, Powerslave, Hallowed... are not easy, especially now. Some drum fills are needed for the experience. I still think the band sounds great live.

Last edited:
The 2008/2009 tours basically covered that, and they have done all this 80’s stuff now. If they do so, they are becoming close to a joke in my opinion.

Its time to either move forward with new album/tour, do a 50th anniversary thing, or something similar to Legacy tour.
Was going to post similar to this. They've revisited LAD and SSOASS already. If not a new album tour then do a 50th anniversary tour with a selection of songs from the 3 eras: Classic, Reunion, and a few from the 90's

I think if they did this style of tour, they would start with Seventh Son songs as the plain white stageset is the easiest one to cover the other 2.
What about a Legacy style tour with 3 different themes again - but with one stage decor for all (just different backdrops)? Not that impossible, or?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan of LAD idea (and, again, that's what it is) but I wouldn't be surprised to see it happening.
I think they wanna make this tour more attractive for casual listeners. If they want to play stadiums/open-air shows even in Norway and Finland the whole tour should be something special and spectacular.

I think it’s important to note that Maiden have consistently created new and unique tours, themes, and ideas throughout the past 25 years. I’m confident that they won’t disappoint with a new tour with re-hashed ideas. They have something good up their sleeves.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan of LAD idea (and, again, that's what it is) but I wouldn't be surprised to see it happening.
It would be a very big surprise (even more so now) and not a good one.
I think they wanna make this tour more attractive for casual listeners. If they want to play stadiums/open-air shows even in Norway and Finland the whole tour should be something special and spectacular.
They don't need any of that. Most of the shows are sold out in advance and you need more than just screens for a stadium (show). We have examples. At least for me the whole package/experience is much different. Not only pyro too.
I think it’s important to note that Maiden have consistently created new and unique tours, themes, and ideas throughout the past 25 years. I’m confident that they won’t disappoint with a new tour with re-hashed ideas. They have something good up their sleeves.
This. Always. And Bruce promised something special. Unique and new right.

Considering how adventourous they have been recently, IMO, this is not impossible:

White stage, snow drapes, snow backdrop. - SSOASS world
1. Moonchild
2. The Evil That Men Do (would love Infinite Dreams here, but let's be real)
3. The Clairvoyant
4. Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son

Extended Powerslave intro, drapes changed to the Egyptian theme
5. Powerslave
6. 2 Minutes To Midnight
7. Rime Of The Acient Mariner

Some kind of tape, stage changed to starry sky drapes and backdrop
8. Wasted Years
9. Alexander The Great
10. Phantom Of The Opera
11. Fear Of The Dark (fits into this theme)
12. Iron Maiden

Encore, some kind of promo theme:
13. Brave New World
14. The Trooper
15. Hallowed Be Thy Name

Considering what we saw, Nicko would have major problems with RTTH, so that one is out. Would avoid Aces High at this age, if I was them.

Back