The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
The more I look at tour poster, the more it seems that the ruined city above Cyborg Eddie's head is a reference to Virtual XI. So it seems plausible for Futureal appearance in the set. It's a cool short song, although I would rather have one more Senjutsu song/Brave New World/Phantom of the Opera instead of that song.

Two Krakow dates is unusual, so that's why I think Krakow will mark the beginning of the tour and there won't be earlier dates than Krakow June 13.
Makes sense to me. Building the stage up for the first time and using the first two shows to really get into the new thing themselves.
Two Krakow dates isn't unusual, they did that in 2018. But two nights in a row to start the tour is very unusual. In fact, the last time they did that was 2005!

Krakow will not be the opening night. 100% certain. They will most likely start the tour last weekend in May.

Which is something I think they know their fans enjoy. The speculation in the next eight months or so is gonna be quite fun as different things get said in interviews and all the like, so I think all of this is fair.

Could be that the ruined city is a visual representation of Hell on Earth, but I don’t think so and I’d kinda love to see Futureal after missing Cross and Clansman

Which is something I think they know their fans enjoy. The speculation in the next eight months or so is gonna be quite fun as different things get said in interviews and all the like, so I think all of this is fair.

Could be that the ruined city is a visual representation of Hell on Earth, but I don’t think so and I’d kinda love to see Futureal after missing Cross and Clansman
I kinda hope that Futureal is 1st song in set. But I know it’s not likely.

Ah, but consider Bruce's "see you somewhere in time" hints. I agree in principle that CSIT is unlikely and wouldn't really work but it's also not an impossibility due to various small little things working in its favor. Not least of which the simple fact that the only other realistic choice for a fifth SiT track is Sea of Madness, which isn't exactly an easy number either, got dropped midway through the tour and definitely doesn't have the same memetic potential with Bruce's funny jacket and trousers.
Bruce's hints were directed that the SIT album will be included in the tour. CSIT unlikely and wouldn't really work? I don't think Sea Of Madness is such a difficult song, yeah they dropped it from the set in 1986 and yeah Bruce can have cool stage costume for the title track, but why not play both (plus ATG) or replace HCW with it.

Sea Of Madness has a better chance than Deja-Vu imo because the latter has no solos (*Iron Maiden and Running Free have extended instrumental sections live and IESF has a solo towards the end). Long Distance Runner is the song without a chance.

CSIT - 50/50... 60/40 to be played.
Wasted Year - 100%
Sea Of Madness - better chance than Deja-Vu or even HCW (because of the fans). 80%
HCW - 50/50.
Long Distance Runner - no chance.
SIASL - 100%
Deja- Vu - no big chance, especially if they play ATG.
ATG - it has a better chance than CSIT. 99% wow.
Of all the Senjutsu songs I always thought the title track would be the best live opener for an album tour.

The build up with the Japanese drumming paints a great picture of a might and power, and when those guitars kick in, it's the perfect lights-go-up moment. Pedestrian maybe, but they used a similar strategy with Sat 15/TFF, and IESF, come to think of it.
I agree.
If that's true and Wacken is indeed the final show it's not going to be that much of an extensive tour. Not a lot of space to add a heap of shows in that time frame

considering they like 2-3 days off between most shows now days. You are looking at space for a maximum 10 additional shows
4 months next year (May-August) and 4/5 months in 2024 is my guess. Unless they add SA dates this year.
And about the setlist: I really hope they won't include Heaven Can Wait. It's the weakest song of the album for me, and in general it's just so uninteresting compared to the other SIT songs.
They will want to play it, although I'm not sure if they will.
Not sure. In order to fit in all the usual stuff (Trooper, FOTD etc) plus some SIT, I reckon 3 -4 Senjutsu songs - two longer songs plus DOFP and maybe Writing. I stick by Time Machine and Hell on Earth for the other two Senjutsu ones.

Didn't Steve say something like 'some of the more epic' Senjutsu tracks? Three really would be a crowd so I'm going for two of them.

I'd love Parchment, but I think it'll be Steve's baby and Janick's dancing.
There is no way only 1 of Steve's 4 epics to be played - at least 2 imo. Yeah, the setlist will be pretty long, but with 15 songs it's possible. The tour could have 6 epics (CSIT, ATG, Parchment, Hell On Earth, FOTD, HBTN) like TBOS tour (IESF, TRATB, Powerslave, TBOS, HBTN, FOTD).
I would prefer just one stage setup (modern SiT with Japanese influence) with good mixing up of the songs (like TBOS tour)
Me too. Come to think of it, 2 stage sets for this tour would be fitting though.
They've put visual clues in the LOTB poster, for both pre and post pandemic setlists, that turned out to be accurate.
That's true.

Could be that the ruined city is a visual representation of Hell on Earth, but I don’t think so
Yep. Good call about the possible hint for Hell On Earth.

I would doubt it as an opener. Opener would have to be off of SiT or Senjutsu for sure. But I think second in the set seems possible.

If Futureal is in there, I see it as entirely possible for the setlist to be 16 songs instead of the 15 we’re assuming.

I have never experienced a (big) Maiden show selling out during a Fan Club presale. In fact, I got seated tickets at one of the O2 shows back in 2017 during the general sale because the seats allocated to the Fan Club presale were crap.
Blimey. After the stress I had getting tickets from Livenation presale (crap seats, no standing) and gen release (marginally better seats, still no standing), I considered joining the fab club for next time. Assuming there is a next time...

Maybe I won't bother...

1) Caught Somewhere in Time
2) Sea of Madness
3) Futureal
4) Writing on the Wall
5) 2 Minutes to Midnight
6) The Trooper
7) Stranger in a Strange Land
8) Hallowed be Thy Name
9) Number of the Beast
10) The Parchment or Hell on Earth (It'll be one of the two, but I have serious doubt that both will be featured)
11) Days of the Future Past
12) Fear of the Dark
13) Iron Maiden

14) Senjutsu
15) Wasted Years
16) Heaven Can Wait

I'm in doubt with the order at some songs (could see Hallowed and Wasted Years changing places pending on what they rather have to rest Bruce mid 1st act, as an example), but the songs featured should be more or less this. Initially I would've bet on Flight of Icarus or Stratego instead of Futureal, but this forum convinced me that a Virtual XI song will be featured and I think they'll choose a banger instead of The Clansman, specially due to length. Also, Futureal energizes the crowd while being more gentle with Bruce's throat, it is the win-win they usually seek with Wrathchild whenever it is featured in the set. Gets everyone - casuals and hardcores - going while giving Bruce a deserved breather.

Also, I know Heaven Can Wait is out of the left field, but it could be an intriguing closer. A more energic version of Running Free, a song that can be broken to allow Bruce some early recovery, allows band introduction, gives a cool gimmick to finish the concert with fans on stage and it does not punish Bruce's throat, like Aces High (that was a borderline sadistic choice by Steve, that song is tough on a young singer opening a concert, imagine on a guy in his mid 60s). A little bit random, but I think it would work well here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back