The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of all the Senjutsu songs I always thought the title track would be the best live opener for an album tour.

The build up with the Japanese drumming paints a great picture of a might and power, and when those guitars kick in, it's the perfect lights-go-up moment. Pedestrian maybe, but they used a similar strategy with Sat 15/TFF, and IESF, come to think of it.

Much as I love Stratego, I can't help thinking it would have come across as weak and generic as the opener. If you want to present as the biggest loudest veteran metal legend out there, it's got to be a bit of a spectacle for the opener.

I do think DOFP has potential for next year's opener. But if Lego thinks Nicko can handle CSIT, I'll put my money back on CSIT.

That would be one heck of an opener. And we're all suspicious that Lego is really Nicko anyway. :D

They have a great new tour announced and have two new Tshirts in the official shop. Unfortunately these two shirts have nothing in common with the the great new tour. Both shirts are ridiculous. One Trooper beer shirt and one glowing FOTD shirt. I don't get it.

Glow in the dark band shirts are one of the most recent merch trends. I've got a Priest one and an Unleash the Archers one.

FOTD is a good theme for glow print. Plus it's almost Halloween. ;)

Is Senjutsu all that atypical though? It’s mid-tempo like If Eternity and Final Frontier before it. It has that buildup from the Taiko drums into the opening riff. It’s the album opener as most Maiden show openers are. I actually don’t know why it doesn’t work because I love it on the album (it’s like my third favourite off the first disc after Writing and DoFP), but it just bombs live.

Have you got a link to where they talk about that decision? I’d love to know why they didn’t open with Aces.

Actually, speaking of Aces, I wonder if the decision to slow the song down was based upon the song’s placement and the prior set? That song is an s energy burner right at the start of the set and I’d imagine it would be bloody difficult for them to play it at the end. Hell, it was hard enough when Aces opened the encore almost a decade prior in Maiden England.
i think they Will start with senjutsu álbum and after 5 songs they change stage to SIT and then iron maiden fear of the dark the trooper and number of the beast

But if Lego thinks Nicko can handle CSIT, I'll put my money back on CSIT.
Yup, pretty much how I feel as well. There are a lot of musicians on this forum (myself included) but Lego consistently seems to be on the money with Nicko’s drums. I tend to think that if they’re confident in doing a tour like this it means Nicko feels that he can pull off any of the possible contenders.

Two Krakow dates is unusual, so that's why I think Krakow will mark the beginning of the tour and there won't be earlier dates than Krakow June 13.
Makes sense to me. Building the stage up for the first time and using the first two shows to really get into the new thing themselves.
If that's true and Wacken is indeed the final show it's not going to be that much of an extensive tour. Not a lot of space to add a heap of shows in that time frame

considering they like 2-3 days off between most shows now days. You are looking at space for a maximum 10 additional shows

If that's true and Wacken is indeed the final show it's not going to be that much of an extensive tour. Not a lot of space to add a heap of shows in that time frame

considering they like 2-3 days off between most shows now days. You are looking at space for a maximum 10 additional shows
This could mean mostly festivals for those dates left yet.

I was wondering about the dates too. Like what are the odds of leaving Greece out? I think if they are playing Alexander (I'm 99% sure they do), then there is no way skipping Greece. But they played there just this year, and yeah it happened before that they played there for 2 consecutive years, and it's not a small market for metal, but when they play in Greece, they usually play in Bulgaria/Serbia/Romania/Croatia too, and all those countries got Maiden shows this year, and those are much smaller markets.

And about the setlist: I really hope they won't include Heaven Can Wait. It's the weakest song of the album for me, and in general it's just so uninteresting compared to the other SIT songs.

Where are people pulling this 5 Senjutsu/5 SIT songs theme from? I keep reading that like it's gospel and have not heard that anywhere else.

Where are people pulling this 5 Senjutsu/5 SIT songs theme from? I keep reading that like it's gospel and have not heard that anywhere else.
The tour announcement video has scrolling text saying "Samurai 5 - Cyborgs 5" in the style of sports scores. It's seen by most as a hint for the tour, since the text is placed prominently in the video.

Not sure. In order to fit in all the usual stuff (Trooper, FOTD etc) plus some SIT, I reckon 3 -4 Senjutsu songs - two longer songs plus DOFP and maybe Writing. I stick by Time Machine and Hell on Earth for the other two Senjutsu ones.

Didn't Steve say something like 'some of the more epic' Senjutsu tracks? Three really would be a crowd so I'm going for two of them.

I'd love Parchment, but I think it'll be Steve's baby and Janick's dancing.

The tour announcement video has scrolling text saying "Samurai 5 - Cyborgs 5" in the style of sports scores. It's seen by most as a hint for the tour, since the text is placed prominently in the video.
Ok….I mean maybe. But it’s a hell of a tenuous thing to base anything off of as concrete data.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back