The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, I can see that. Honestly, for me too it is the unappropriated timing too getting Maiden tix right now. But just as someone mentioned before: I don't think that the inner field tickets will sell THAT fast, so you shouldn't worry too much.

Question to anyone who attended the Death on the Road tour: would be more or less surprising to have Futureal in the Future Past tour setlist that it was having Lord of the Flies in the 2003 setlist?
When I saw the Maiden show in 2003 in Paris, "Lord Of The Flies" was a very surprising choice for me as this song don't really fitted to the setlist. Because Death On The Road was oriented on a death theme, I thought it would have been more convenient for the band to play a track like "The Aftermath", "The Edge Of Darkness", "Blood On The World's Hands" or "Afraid To Shoot Strangers" along with "Dance Of Death" or "Paschendale". But, the guys chose to perform "Lord Of The Flies". It was a cool song to experiment in a live situation, the chorus is great and Bruce fitted perfectly on that song. Nevertheless, "Lord Of The Flies" was indeed a surprise for me. That being said, I always considered this song as a mistake on 'Death On The Road' CD/DVD. And I wonder why the band didn't choose a song among the ones I've quoted above. After all, "The Aftermath" and "Afraid To Shoot Strangers" are the "Paschendale" ancesters and would have been more judicious in the setlist.

About "Futureal", it would be less surprising, as this song fits very well to the Time theme. But, it would be a very bad choice for a SIT/Senjutsu tour as this track is not as chiseled as the SIT or Senjutsu songs.

Last edited:
Question to anyone who attended the Death on the Road tour: would be more or less surprising to have Futureal in the Future Past tour setlist that it was having Lord of the Flies in the 2003 setlist?
I would say less surprising. Even though it hasn't been played since 1999 Futureal fits the theme just by name alone and if they do play it folks would say "makes sense". LotF came out of nowhere, complete surprise.

When I saw the Maiden show in 2003 in Paris, "Lord Of The Flies" was a very surprising choice for me as this song don't really fitted to the setlist. Because Death On The Road was oriented on a death theme, I thought it would have been more convenient for the band to play a track like "The Aftermath", "The Edge Of Darkness", "Blood On The World's Hands" or "Afraid To Shoot Strangers" along with "Dance Of Death" or "Paschendale". But, the guys chose to perform "Lord Of The Flies". It was a cool song to experiment in a live situation, the chorus is great and Bruce fitted perfectly on that song. Nevertheless, "Lord Of The Flies" was indeed a surprise for me. That being said, I always considered this song as a mistake on 'Death On The Road' CD/DVD. And I wonder why the band didn't choose a song among the ones I've quoted above. After all, "The Aftermath" and "Afraid To Shoot Strangers" are the "Paschendale" ancesters and would have been more judicious in the setlist.

About "Futureal", it would be less surprising, as this song fits very well to the Time theme. But, it would be a very bad choice for a SIT/Senjutsu tour as this track is not as chiseled as the SIT or Senjutsu songs.
I'm very glad they played LOTF if only that it reinforced my belief that TXF would have been a good album had it had good production and Bruce on vocals.

Because that live arrangement blew the album version out of the water.

Because I'm about to buy a house between now and next year. The tickets are a high exception for me and my girlfriend but the subscription is a no-go for now. As soon as we live on our own I might get a subscription though.

So yeah hoping to get some floor tickets Thursday or else I'll be extremely sad......
I don’t think paying $40 or whatever it costs for a subscription would prevent you from buying a house.

And why is it so important that you’re on the floor? Just be glad and thankful that you’ll get a chance to see Maiden on this very special tour.

I don’t think paying $40 or whatever it costs for a subscription would prevent you from buying a house.

And why is it so important that you’re on the floor? Just be glad and thankful that you’ll get a chance to see Maiden on this very special tour.
Well, since house prices here in my country won't drop anytime soon, we will save every penny we can. And I'm not trying to come across as rude, but what do you know about our financial situation? I think these decisions are different for everyone, right?

Not only that, but considering that tickets + parking cost something between 200 and 250 euros excluding gasoline (and it's a 2 hour drive for us) and food I think I'll be fine for now without a subscription. There are also bills to be paid. As I said the tickets are a high exception for now.....

And yes, when the floor tickets are all gone I will get seated tickets. But that's not the same. And you know that. The floor's where the energy is at, not the seats next to the stage. The fact that this is a "very special tour" (your words) makes me prefer to be on the floor rather than sitting on a stool on the side.....

Last edited:
I'm worried because the venue they're playing at in The Netherlands is much smaller then the one they played at in 2022 (which was in Arnhem). The Gelredome in Arnhem could hold around 40.000 people while the venue in Amsterdam could only hold 17.000 people. That's less than half the people. And there is room for about 6.000 people on the floor in Amsterdam. For all I know all floor tickets will be gone by Thursday......

Can someone give me some reassurance and tell me that I will be fine and can just get 2 floor tickets for the 2023 tour? That would calm my anxiety and not give me flashbacks to ticket sales for Rammstein in 2019..... :goodbye:

(And no, I'm not going to beg or ask for a presale code. If there are people willing to share them, sure, but I'm not going to beg like a hopeless figure trying to get my tickets early).

I suspect you'll be fine. An entire arena floor selling out on the basis of a fan club presale alone would be a rare event. Presale tickets tend to be allocated around the entire arena - not just the best tickets up for grabs. And this year's (more popular hits) show was rescheduled, so had a long lead-up time, and an audience starved for live music during the pandemic.

When Maiden did Death on the Road, they had done Blaze songs on every tour and were pretty open at the time about wanting to keep that era represented. I don’t really see how Lord of the Flies is much a surprise with that in mind. It was a single that hadn’t been performed by that lineup yet.

Futureal on the other hand hasn’t been played since 1999, it would be a super left field choice even if it fits thematically. I actually kinda think it would be a waste of set time and would rather hear other Blaze era songs or something else from the two albums they’re focusing on.

Blasphemy! Sea of Madness and SIASL are much better songs.

I would rather see Speed of Light again than Futureal. It was great live on the Book of Souls tour.

It's all subjective. Sea Of Madness has a great instrumental section and SIASL a fantastic solo, but I never cared for the rest of the songs, especially SOM's verses and main riff. Futureal on the other hand is one of their very best short rockers and it's quite easy to sing.

Speed Of Light, in my opinion, is one of the worst songs they've ever recorded and I'd be genuinely disappointed if it's ever played live again.

Speed Of Light, in my opinion, is one of the worst songs they've ever recorded and I'd be genuinely disappointed if it's ever played live again.
I absolutely agree.

Yes, it would fit the theme of the current tour but Speed of Light is such a bad song in my opinion. Thematically, it was completely out of place in the Book of Souls tour or even on the album.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back