Hints collection thread for 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stop with the CSIT prediction.

You know that RTTH and Aces are barely passable this year and CSIT with the band in late 60s / early 70s would be a trainwreck.

I still bet on Senjutsu / Deep Cuts tour and 2 of the deep cuts happen to be on SIT album (SIASL and Alex). And that's it.

Again if the tour is SiT themed, there needs to be a release to accompany it. Could it be a SiT live album?
Senjutsu tour won't be SIT themed. There could be a small part of SIT for SIASL and Alex if they play it, but main theme will be Japan (think Book Of Souls and Powerslave, the song).

By the way, Maiden no way gonna do Senjutsu tour for two years, imo.
Why do you think so? Because they will want to release a new album or do a Hits tour sooner?
You would be happier, if they would play:
A. Caught Somewhere In Time, Wasted Years, Heaven Can Wait
B. Wasted Years, Stranger In A Strange Land, Alexander the Great

I'll go with option B.
Option B, of course. It's about time they play ATG. And we have SIASL too, we need a high quality video of it (the only 80's single apart from Purgatory that remained to be played live by the Reunion formation).
If they're gonna do a SIT 'realm' I don't think they'll do 4< songs from Senjutsu. I think Stratego might get dropped as well.
With or without Realms, they will play 6 songs from Senjutsu (at least 3 from SIT, with realms... WY, SIASL/HCW and ATG). They will not drop Stratego.
I dont want 50th years tour. I know that we all be pissed off because of setlist :D

I prefer history/theme tour.
I guess you're right, but they can't play Reunion era songs during History tours, if the tour is not specifically for them. LOTB tour idea is better than History tours imo, because they can play whatever songs they want (without realms, of course).

And besides, it would be very curious to see which songs Maiden will choose for a 50th Anniversary tour.
and CSIT with the band in late 60s / early 70s would be a trainwreck.

I still bet on Senjutsu / Deep Cuts tour and 2 of the deep cuts happen to be on SIT album (SIASL and Alex). And that's it.
^ This.

-- (at least 3 from SIT, with realms... WY, SIASL/HCW and ATG).
--
I guess you're right, but they can't play Reunion era songs during History tours, if the tour is not specifically for them. And besides, it would be very curious to see which songs Maiden will choose for a 50th Anniversary tour.

Are you sure about that..? I still think there's nothing indicating that extensive SiT coverage, but I still think there's somewhat plausible chance for... maybe two songs of that kind, namely Wasted Years and possibly Stranger in a Strange Land; I see little point at playing Heaven Can Wait (of course I might be wrong), but I wouldn't mind if it was something like a FOTD substitute or whatever.

Well, if we count LOTB as a history tour, they certainly are playing post-reunion songs. Altogether, if they'll do another "history/hits/legacy" tour with no specific album & era focus, a couple of "modern" classics will quite certainly made it to the set. We might still see The Wicker Man as a show opener one day, who knows. The chorus is some serious footwork for Nicko, so I think they'd prefer to tackle it off the way right at the start.

Okay that slipped a little bit off-topic.

Anyway, as much as I've expressed my belief in 1-2 Somewhere in Time songs being a realistic expectation/wish for next tour(s), I think there's absolutely nothing hinting at Somewhere in Time themed tour or anything of that nature. Hold your horses, folks! ;)

About the digits and letters hidden in that video, which we assume might be some kind of code:
Does anyone here have experience with video editing? It would be a bummer if what we thought was some kind of code, turned out to be a default transition effect with random letters and numbers.

:D
I have a big problems...no don't worry no offense...cheers!!
You are doing fine, don't worry. Welcome to the forum :edmetal:

About the digits and letters hidden in that video, which we assume might be some kind of code:
Does anyone here have experience with video editing? It would be a bummer if what we thought was some kind of code, turned out to be a default transition effect with random letters and numbers.

You are doing fine, don't worry. Welcome to the forum :edmetal:
Thank you :clap:

Are you sure about that..? I still think there's nothing indicating that extensive SiT coverage, but I still think there's somewhat plausible chance for... maybe two songs of that kind, namely Wasted Years and possibly Stranger in a Strange Land; I see little point at playing Heaven Can Wait (of course I might be wrong), but I wouldn't mind if it was something like a FOTD substitute or whatever.

Well, if we count LOTB as a history tour, they certainly are playing post-reunion songs. Altogether, if they'll do another "history/hits/legacy" tour with no specific album & era focus, a couple of "modern" classics will quite certainly made it to the set. We might still see The Wicker Man as a show opener one day, who knows. The chorus is some serious footwork for Nicko, so I think they'd prefer to tackle it off the way right at the start.

Okay that slipped a little bit off-topic.

Anyway, as much as I've expressed my belief in 1-2 Somewhere in Time songs being a realistic expectation/wish for next tour(s), I think there's absolutely nothing hinting at Somewhere in Time themed tour or anything of that nature. Hold your horses, folks! ;)
I just gave an example with SIT if they will use realms again. A little point at playing HCW? Because of the fans? I still think SIASL is 50/50, Bruce and Nicko want to play it live.

LOTB is definitely a Hits tour, although according to Rod is: ''History/Hits tour with a setlist covering a large selection of 80s material with a handful of surprises from later albums''.The post-reunion songs are only 3? The favorites for a Reunion-songs only tour openers are The Wicker Man, Wildest Dreams and The Final Frontier - and The Wicker Man has the best chance.

I agree with your last sentence.

If they would play even 2 SIT songs on the upcoming tour, it would be enough for me to justify our speculations and predictions: ah, we were right about SIT songs. In some ways, it would be SIT oriented tour, because SIT album songs was not loved by the band for a long time.
Of course, the main objective is Alexander the Great. If this song will be played live, none of you won't be able to say that the new tour isn't SIT oriented. :D

I've just read once again yesterday an interview of Bruce in the march 2022 issue of the Rock Hard France in which he talked about the release of Rock In Rio CD/DVD, the charity concert for Clive Burr and about the choice of the setlists by the band members. He explicitely said to the journalist Olivier Rouhet that he always wanted to perform "Alexander The Great" on stage at least once in a life. Maybe this time has come with Bruce announcements in Zürich and Lisbon. :cool:

That is interesting, thanks for sharing. Not that long ago he was (allegedly) mocking the song, describing the lyrics as a “history shopping list”.

I wonder what might have happened in the last couple of years to make him change his mind (if that has indeed happened).

SIT is a weird one for me. It's certainly a great album. The atmosphere is phenomenal. TLOTLDR and Deja Vu are some of my favorite songs. CSIT and ATG are great (heh) songs as well. WY is nice, but I think I've had my share of it. HCW has a great middle part, but is such an oddity in the discography. SIASL has the amazing solo, SOM the interlude in the middle, but the songs as a whole are much weaker compared to the rest of the album. Simply not my kind of songs.

The reunion on the other hand has albums that are much better and more consistent in my view. Sure, not all of them are gems (looking at you, TFF), but if I had to choose I'd take the reunion albums.

It's ok, most people wouldn't cause somewhere in time songs are superior to reunion stuff
I know I'm in minority but for me the last 6 albums are far superior to 80s and 90s. Most of you may think 80s were the best and that's fine with me. However, the fact for me is that even though I knew IM since 1992, the only song I was listening was Fear of the Dark and I never dug into anything else, bought any IM albums or became a fan until I heard Dance of Death. If they had been making the same kind of music they did in the 80s, I don't think I would be a Maiden fan really. Yes, there are some very good and a few great songs in the 80s as well but my love for IM is mainly because of the music they have been making since BNW. If they only had 6 albums (the last 6 of course) that wouldn't change a thing, they would still be the greatest band on earth (next to Queen) for me. Bottom line is we may have different reasons to like them, but we all love Iron Maiden.

Sorry, but sometimes I realy feel like defending my favourite band when it is said or implied that "they are not as good as the 80s". There are also fans who think that they are much better than the 80s now. And I am one of them.

my love for IM is mainly because of the music they have been making since BNW
For me exactly the other way round. Sure, there's great reunion material, but I became a fan in 1985, so I especially like their 80s stuff. (I was a ten year old in 1985, and I was sitting at school not paying much attention to mathematics but drawing Iron Maiden stages in my files during the lessons :D I think I did hundrets them...)

And it's interesting: I went to school with Maiden shirts as a ten year old, and today I usually go to my job with Maiden shirts.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back