Iron Maiden News, Links, and Interviews

I completely disagree with that top 5 of worst albums.

Megadeth's risk is good and doesn't belong there.

I'd put Helloween Chamelion, Sepultura Against, Slayer Reign in Blood and anything since by Slayer, Lulu of course, Death Magnetic due to all the brickwalling, X factor belongs there - definitely. St Anger and Lulu would be top of the list though.

I completely disagree with that top 5 of worst albums. [...] X factor belongs there - definitely. St Anger and Lulu would be top of the list though.
So you completely disagree with it, but 2 of their top 5 would also make your top 5...?

St. Anger is such a fascinating album that it certainly deserves the top nomination but I'll hold to my grave that it does have some good songwriting on it - it just needs a non-ProTools mentality to coax it out as demonstrated by the live in studio DVD that frankly should've been what they put out as the album. Also Lars Ulrich's best performance on record to date. Yes I'm aware of the drum sound. Regardless, it's AJFA Lars but with Bob Rock to tell him how hard to go, it's fucking mental throughout. Blast beats from Denmark's greatest gift to the metal world? This universe is so very strange.

Oh yeah it's an Iron Maiden forum. Umm, TXF isn't that bad. If it'd been VXI in that spot I wouldn't've complained. That's one rotten fucking disc if you ask me. TXF is monotone and boring but it's not nearly as offensive as its follow-up.

I'll hold to my grave that it does have some good songwriting on it - it just needs a non-ProTools mentality to coax it out as demonstrated by the live in studio DVD that frankly should've been what they put out as the album.
Here is a much better version of the album. Decent drum sounds and a better vocal.
But still the songs are rubbish (IMO)
Oh yeah it's an Iron Maiden forum. Umm, TXF isn't that bad. If it'd been VXI in that spot I wouldn't've complained. That's one rotten fucking disc if you ask me. TXF is monotone and boring but it's not nearly as offensive as its follow-up.
I really hate the loud and soft bits, and the drum sound is horrifically bad. Not as bad as St Anger drums but pretty awful and off putting for me.

I expected everything BUT the x factor
IM have so many mediocre albums like DoD and TBOS why would they choose TXF?
TXF is one of Maiden's best albums
Dance Of Death and The Book Of Souls are great albums. Iron Maiden has never released a very bad album in its entire career, contrary to some other bands as Judas Priest (which has done plenty of them, like 'Rocka Rolla', 'Hell Bent For Leather', 'Point Of Entry', 'Stained Class', 'Turbo', 'Demolition', 'Nostradamus', 'Redeemer Of Souls'), Motörhead, Kiss, Accept and so many others... Every Maiden album has something unique to offer and every Maiden album is great by itself.

Last edited:
Dance Of Death and The Book Of Souls are great albums. Iron Maiden has never released a very bad album in its entire career, contrary to some other bands as Judas Priest (which has done plenty of them, like 'Rocka Rolla', 'Hell Bent For Leather', 'Point Of Entry', 'Stained Class', 'Turbo', 'Demolition', 'Nostradamus', 'Redeemer Of Souls'), Motörhead, Kiss, Accept and so many others... Every Maiden album has something unique to offer and every Maiden album is great by itself.
DoD has great songs but lots of filler, as a whole I'm not a fan, awful sound and cover art too. TBOS has at least one good song (eternity) but again as an album very meh. Again a meh Maiden is a dream for most other bands. My point was that many maiden albums are inferior to the x factor.

Back