Iron Maiden News, Links, and Interviews

Wacken sells out every year. I have never understood the concept of buying an expensive festival ticket without knowing who will be playing, but each to their own.
My understanding is that events like Wacken and Hellfest cultivate more of a 'festival experience' than Download Festival, which is a fairly corporate event and this year in particular lacked anything to do other than watch bands. Couple that with a good track record of lineups and a willingness to actually push new headliners and they have a large base of people who are actually fans of the festival itself rather than the bands. Download has its lifers who will buy a ticket every year but they only number about 20k.

My understanding is that events like Wacken and Hellfest cultivate more of a 'festival experience' than Download Festival, which is a fairly corporate event and this year in particular lacked anything to do other than watch bands. Couple that with a good track record of lineups and a willingness to actually push new headliners and they have a large base of people who are actually fans of the festival itself rather than the bands. Download has its lifers who will buy a ticket every year but they only number about 20k.
What about the “ballermanisation of metal” in Wacken? Never been there, but don’t people compare it to a “schlager-festival”? Download seems more “real” from afar, but I have never been there either.
Related: when you look at old clips, for example by Purple in the early 70s — audience actually really listening to the band...

New collectible item.

New collectible item.

They also sell The Prince Of Darkness... :D

298920244_2063194523881867_1296905857641325599_n.jpg

I think Isle of Avalon and Starblind are pricier than when the wild wind blows
For me, the magazine shouldn't have quoted "Cross-Eyed Mary" and "Rainbow's Gold", because these songs haven't been written by Iron Maiden. The journalist should picked these two that you've just quoted in your post or "The Unbeliever", "Blood On The World's Hands", "The Aftermath", "Judgment Of Heaven", "Lost In A Lost World", "The Thin Line Between Love And Hate", "The Parchment", "For The Greater Good Of God", "Brighter Than A Thousand Suns", "Reincarnation Of Benjamin Breeg", "The Great Unknown", "The Nomad" or "The Man Who Would Be King". There are plenty of Maiden "progressive" songs in the band's repertoire. :)

Absolutely. I still can't believe that Maiden left those 2 masterpieces on the table during the Final Frontier tour.
I find this insane. Two of my top15 IM.
Are they impossible to play live?
They're both very proggy, but I could actually see Avalon being a cool live tune. It gets a little bit too subdued for much of it, but the powerful releases would be cool.

Starblind would be an absolute timing nightmare for Bruce.

I still can't believe that Maiden left those 2 masterpieces on the table during the Final Frontier tour.
Yeah (Starblind would have been a difficult song for Bruce live though), I really wanted to hear those proggy solos live. Let's hope they will play The Time Machine so we can hear Adrian's proggy solo, although it's not as long as the ones in Starblind and Avalon.
Are they impossible to play live?
I have a different question along these lines - is Dave's proggy solo in The Man Who Would Be King possible to play live? Kevin Shirley reversed the solo, right?

Back