Official American Football Thread

The ending to last night's Packer game was so insane!
True! Thought they were going to lose, but Aaron Rodgers being Aaron Rodgers:) So much for his being unhappy at GB and contemplating retirement:) Doesn't hurt that he has a great kicker in Mason Crosby as well as a great receiver in Davante Adams. The Packers are not my fave team. The NY Giants are. Season is already over. As a kid and watching the NFL, I couldn't decide on a team. Cowboys? 49ers? Steelers? No way. Too easy.
Read about both GB's and NY's history. For some reason I gravitated to both teams. Okay the Giants were easy due to my dad being a Giants fan. So I settled on them. But the Packers have been my 2nd fave team for nearly 40 years. Ha! Plus my "go to" team lately given the Giants recent history:) Don't have a "2nd fave" team in any of the other sports I follow.

Giants suck. Yesterday's loss against the Rams was a disaster. Since 2017 the Giants have had the worst winning percentage. That last Super Bowl win is a distant memory. Ugh.At least I have that.

As bad as things are for Rodgers(a few face palms), he has to mention that he's been involved with Joe Rogan!(not enough face palms!) The media is really tearing him apart over that one.

As bad as things are for Rodgers(a few face palms), he has to mention that he's been involved with Joe Rogan!(not enough face palms!) The media is really tearing him apart over that one.
Hahahahaha Awesome post. So true. I love watching the guy play, but outside of that I don't care for him. He seems to have lost the plot lately.

Tom Brady is retiring.
This shocks me. He seems like the type to want to go out on top, and it's not like he can't play anymore. He had a great season.

Who are you all rooting for tomorrow? I'm hoping the underdogs pull it out; I'd love to see a Bengals-49ers Super Bowl. I like Mahomes and the Chiefs but I'm sick of them, and I have a tough time rooting for anything from LA (although I'm happy that Stafford can show his talent on a team that isn't Detroit).

As a Lions fan I'd love to see Matthew Stafford pull it off. He deserves it maybe more than anybody still in super bowl contention. I don't have a stake in the Chiefs/Bengals game but I'd like to see the Chiefs have another shot at it.

Hard to decide who I want to win. I'm leaning towards the Bengals for they've never won it, but at the same time I'd like to see the Rams win if only because Mathew Stafford spent so many losing seasons with the Lions.

Big move for Brady going to Tampa in 2020 and getting a ring. Stafford finally gets out of Detroit and gets a ring with the Rams first season there. Who's next? Deshaun just got into Cleveland. Maybe his first season in Cleveland he gets a ring? That's really not the craziest thing I can think of.

Damn! It's been too insane of a season! What I don't get is in all the years of the sport, they never completely stopped a game in the worst of injuries. They always put a backup player in and continued on. Was Damar Hamlin's injury that much worse than the very worst that has happened that this had to result? What was so different this time?

The guy's heart stopped beating on the field. He almost died. If you can't see how that is a worse injury than normal then I don't know what to tell you.

Back