Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

I don't listen to Travis Scott and only heard of him few months ago, but I've been reading about this stuff since I woke up this morning:

Horrible, horrible happenings.

Also, I didn't know hip hop concerts had mosh pits and after listening to one of his songs, I don't get how people can mosh to this.

I don't listen to Travis Scott and only heard of him few months ago, but I've been reading about this stuff since I woke up this morning:

Horrible, horrible happenings.

Also, I didn't know hip hop concerts had mosh pits and after listening to one of his songs, I don't get how people can mosh to this.
Trampling deaths are always really sad.

I’m steadily gaining back my fitness. I did a respectable 51:57 for a 10k run, my VO2max now reads at 48.2.
The park was packed by people training for the Marathon, some even wearing their numbers already.
There were at least 50 runners wearing HOKA blue tee shirts and there were professional photographers shooting at them while they are running. 4 -5 refreshing stands all the way and people were cheering us at the finish line. :)

Speaking of HOKA, I tried Bondi 7, Bondi X, Clifton 8, Rincon 3 & Carbon X yesterday, disappointed by all except Clifton 8. Frankly Carbon X has the same price tag with the holy grail of Zoom X Vaporfly Next% 2 (Nike) except that’s not even close. Current prices for Nike running shoes are in par with the rest of industry, except them being the innovators.

I’m steadily gaining back my fitness.

I want to get there soon too. I need to drop down a bit less than 10% of my weight which frankly in this condition and setting, is easier said than done.

^Actually due to the new ways of working, conference calls, staying home and all, the need for exercise is stronger than ever. In my opinion, now is the best opportunity to start a new, more healthy life.
As we save 1 -3 hours daily from commuting, we can use a portion of it to exercise.

Firstly, you need to establish a new routine. You want to have your heart working at the fat burning zone (FBZ) rate for at least 21 minutes a day. And better do this workout as soon as you wake up, empty stomach.

FBZ =0.7 x Max heart rate and if you don’t know the figure, you can calculate as below:
(220 - <your age> ) x 0.7 =fat burning zone rate. For example, for a 46 years old person it would be (220 -46) x0.7 = 122 bmp.
You can run, walking uphills, cycling or whatever is making your heart beats at this rate and for that long. And no matter the workout, you’ll need a smartwatch + an App like Strava to keep track.

^Actually due to the new ways of working, conference calls, staying home and all, the need for exercise is stronger than ever. In my opinion, now is the best opportunity to start a new, more healthy life.
As we save 1 -3 hours daily from commuting, we can use a portion of it to exercise.

Firstly, you need to establish a new routine. You want to have your heart working at the fat burning zone (FBZ) rate for at least 21 minutes a day. And better do this workout as soon as you wake up, empty stomach.

FBZ =0.7 x Max heart rate and if you don’t know the figure, you can calculate as below:
(220 - <your age> ) x 0.7 =fat burning zone rate. For example, for a 46 years old person it would be (220 -46) x0.7 = 122 bmp.
You can run, walking uphills, cycling or whatever is making your heart beats at this rate and for that long. And no matter the workout, you’ll need a smartwatch + an App like Strava to keep track.

I am interested in running, we can follow that up on PM if you don't mind some questions...

For my case at the moment, month ago when weather was ideal, I was doing daily exercises and cycling, swimming and diving - every day at least one of those three.

The weather flipped, some post summer slight depression and I found myself overweight in a matter of month. Couldn't do any of those three and I cut down exercises because I don't feel like doing nominal routine while I can't get out afterwards.

Reasons : city proper is small and I'm in the center. The sprawl is relatively big and geographically diverse but bike connection is problematic (I have enduro/DH not a road bike - I don't want to mingle with trucks on 8 lane highways). Some enduro/DH trails available to me in city parks are not well when it rains - tracks need maintenance. You may see this as excuses, and they are. The most important factor is that I've been using this infrastructure my whole life and although it's pretty good, it's quite boring to do day to day.

Due to the pandemic there's a situation with the pools. And I grew out my hair and need to get a cap before they let me in :)

I've been listening to an old Eggfest bootleg and it really baffles me in hindsight how unprofessional and petty the whole thing was. It's really weird to think how seriously we all took it back then.

I asked my brother if he wants this Metallica bootleg live DVD that I have no space left for. He called it a "cassette" and didn't know where to play it, or that it was a video, and not an audio format.

rAFP13z.gif

Back