Legacy Of The Beast Post-Pandemic Leg

Status
Not open for further replies.
And in 2024, a new album... As Bruce said recently in an interview, the band has considered to book another studio to record the 18th album in 2020/2021, but has quickly changed its mind. It means that the band has already written/composed material for another album, the 18th one, or, at least, has some ideas for it. :)
From everything we've heard about the writing process they actually do very little until they arrive in the studio. Adrian might have a couple of full songs demo'd but the rest they figure out once they get there.

From everything we've heard about the writing process they actually do very little until they arrive in the studio. Adrian might have a couple of full songs demo'd but the rest they figure out once they get there.
Steve has always some ideas and stuff before arriving in the studio. So, it helps a lot to write, compose and record quickly as they usually do by booking a studio for three to four weeks.

Some serbian portal announced yesterday that they have something nice prepared for us and that we should follow news from them as they are going to announce it today. Lost in a lost world was shared in the post.
Maybe we will get few new shows(Zagreb, Budapest and Belgrade) to fill the gap between 10.7. and 20.7.?

Some serbian portal announced yesterday that they have something nice prepared for us and that we should follow news from them as they are going to announce it today. Lost in a lost world was shared in the post.
Maybe we will get few new shows(Zagreb, Budapest and Belgrade) to fill the gap between 10.7. and 20.7.?
Which portal? Link?

And that long rumored Greek show maybe. I think the original date was in that space. Fingers crossed!

How I think the setlist for the 2022 leg of The Legacy Of The Beastwill look like:
  1. Aces High.
  2. Stratego (instead of Where Eagles Dare)
  3. Two Minutes To Midnight
  4. The Clansman
  5. The Trooper
  6. Revelations
  7. The Writing On The Wall (instead of For The Greater Good Of God)
  8. Heaven Can Wait (instead of The Wicker Man)
  9. Sign of the Cross
  10. Flight of Icarus
  11. Fear Of The Dark
  12. The Number Of The Beast
  13. Iron Maiden
_________________________________________________________________________________________
  1. The Evil That Man Do
  2. Hallowed Be Thy Name
  3. Run to the Hills

How I think the setlist for the 2022 leg of The Legacy Of The Beastwill look like:
  1. Aces High.
  2. Stratego (instead of Where Eagles Dare)
  3. Two Minutes To Midnight
  4. The Clansman
  5. The Trooper
  6. Revelations
  7. The Writing On The Wall (instead of For The Greater Good Of God)
  8. Heaven Can Wait (instead of The Wicker Man)
  9. Sign of the Cross
  10. Flight of Icarus
  11. Fear Of The Dark
  12. The Number Of The Beast
  13. Iron Maiden
_________________________________________________________________________________________
  1. The Evil That Man Do
  2. Hallowed Be Thy Name
  3. Run to the Hills

Can we please keep the setlist fanfiction to the setlist fanfiction forum?

Can we please keep the setlist fanfiction to the setlist fanfiction forum?
it's not fan fiction... It's a guess. I truly believe they'll play those 2 tracks on the next leg of LOTB tour, so aren't people curious of what songs will the band replace tem with? Ok I could omit the ones I believe will still be played but on the other hand it is way visually easier to comprehend what it could look like. So, instead of the form I think it would be way more productive to debate the content and the question here is:
Don't you think that with the release of Senjutsu they'll feature some of its tracks on the coming leg of the tour and what songs will be replaced? Which BTW is what many people here are discussing.

Hey but if it makes you happier I'll put it like this... here's what I think the changes for the 2022 leg of The Legacy Of The Beast will be:
  • Stratego (instead of Where Eagles Dare)
  • The Writing On The Wall (instead of For The Greater Good Of God)
  • Plus I believe Heaven Can Wait (instead of The Wicker Man) will also return to balance the show's length
Hope you're satisfied.

• Stratego (instead of Where Eagles Dare)
  • The Writing On The Wall (instead of For The Greater Good Of God)
  • Plus I believe Heaven Can Wait (instead of The Wicker Man) will also return to balance the show's length
I also think they will replace WED and FTGGOG with the two singles (TWOTW and Stratego). If they play one more song, I think it will replace The Clansman (especially if it is the title track). TETMD is another song that might go, methinks.

Edit: both WED and FTGGOG deserve to be on a proper video release... At least we have the RIR 2019 footage.

Last edited:
Regarding the setlist speculation above, I think The Writing on the Wall taking For the Greater Good of God's place is indeed rather realistic scenario. I think Senjutsu might very well be played on WED's place, but they'll probably save it for the show opener slot whenever that tour is going to happen.

But where does Heaven Can Wait come from..? If anything, I believe they're more likely going to bring a third Senjutsu track to the set, instead of dusting off an oldie that isn't even that big of a favourite and has not been played for like 14 years, let alone all the hassle with getting fans on stage. Obviously, they could just choose not to do that part, but that's just all the more reason to not include Heaven Can Wait at all. :p

It'd be awesome to see Hell on Earth taking the spot from For the Greater Good of God, as it's thematically very, very similar. :) But that's not going to happen. I'm not too keen on losing the FTGGOG in the first place, but it's probably one of the most likely ones to go anyway.

Somehow, now that we're on October already, next summer and finally seeing Maiden finally feels like something that is actually happening in the very near future. That's quite an exciting thought... I mean, starting from this July, we already got to hear a new Maiden album and even the gigs are slowly looming on the horizon.

Yay.

Regarding the setlist speculation above, I think The Writing on the Wall taking For the Greater Good of God's place is indeed rather realistic scenario. I think Senjutsu might very well be played on WED's place
Like you I think TWOTW will be featured. Now Senjutsu? Mmmmmm pretty much doubt it, Now I'd bet that they'll squeeze in Stratego.

Well, with these changes we're left with 4 and a half minutes less into the show and I think they'll pull another song into the setlist*. My suspicion it will be HCW. First I don't agree it isn't "that big of a favourite". Plus notice that after its release the song as been played in almost every show in the following seven tours and even after that it was played in the Give Me Ed and Somewhere Back In Time tours. It also has the advantage of fitting the religious motive perfectly. But on the other hand it's a large song (seven and a half minutes) and this is the only detail that makes me call it a "dark horse".

But I don't know... perhaps it's my subconscious working in denial on the fact an Iron Maiden tour with the name "LEGACY of the beast" (I know it's because of the game... but nonetheless) can be devoid of songs from SIT (not to mention Killers). Hey... they could ditch another one and stick Alexander The Great on the "war" section and everybody's happy. But by stating this now I must agree with @Perun since Maiden playing Alexander The Great live is pure fan fiction. :p

*PS: instead of a more recent song like The Wicker Man

Last edited:
Was a vinyl giveaway lmao

If Maiden change two songs and the setlist gets four minutes shorter I doubt they will add anything to the set.

If anything they are probably happy it's a shorter set, a Maiden show is fucking intense and you can see that on the band. Bruce and Steve are drained at the end of each show. It's really hard work for Nicko too.

If Maiden change two songs and the setlist gets four minutes shorter I doubt they will add anything to the set.

If anything they are probably happy it's a shorter set, a Maiden show is fucking intense and you can see that on the band. Bruce and Steve are drained at the end of each show. It's really hard work for Nicko too.
Indeed. But I forgot to mention I suspect it would replace TWM like the setlist I posted above (that's why lists are useful on this matter). Nevertheless it's a long shot... just a feeling.

Now Senjutsu? Mmmmmm pretty much doubt it, Now I'd bet that they'll squeeze in Stratego.

Well, with these changes we're left with 4 and a half minutes less into the show and I think they'll pull another song into the setlist*. My suspicion it will be HCW. First I don't agree it isn't "that big of a favourite". Plus notice that after its release the song as been played in almost every show in the following seven tours and even after that it was played in the Give Me Ed and Somewhere Back In Time tours. It also has the advantage of fitting the religious motive perfectly. But on the other hand it's a large song (seven and a half minutes) and this is the only detail that makes me call it a "dark horse".
Bruce mentioned somewhere that they might play the title track (along with the two singles), but I doubt it too - they will probably save it for the album tour... (show opener).

About HCW, they didn't play it during TBOS tour because of all the hassle with getting fans on stage, iirc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back