Senjutsu - 3rd September 2021

No matter if we like the song or not I think that:

1) We are not objective as we are all Maiden freaks

2) Maybe people outside the hardcore fans can really see tha quality of a song

3) do we even care what people besides ourselves think about the music we listen to??

Don't you think it's kind of sad to call a song filler for an album that's not out yet?

Especially when the song in question is the best single the band have put out in years.
I don't think it's sad, I think it's an opinion.

Apparently Maiden is going to play Dubai in 2022, which means the tour will start in May. No word about the theme of the tour but the manager of the venue said "we had to change it again because of their new world tour". He might just means that the dates are different and not that this is a different tour.

On another side, it's curious to see them returning in Dubai. Sales in 2020 were really low and slow, but that being said the prices were top of skies so they can have a big turnout even with an half empty place.

I’d love seeing them play the full album and also get the more intimate experience of a smaller venue, but by our standard where I live Maiden fills up a stadium with 50K people on a normal tour, so what is a smaller capacity in their view? 10-15K people? When they did AMOLAD tour they played in a 15K capacity venue that sold out in one hour or so, making them add two dates in the same venue (45K tickets in total, so basically a huge stadium gig after all). I can see the exact same thing happening with this idea.

I’d love seeing them play the full album and also get the more intimate experience of a smaller venue, but by our standard where I live Maiden fills up a stadium with 50K people on a normal tour, so what is a smaller capacity in their view? 10-15K people? When they did AMOLAD tour they played in a 15K capacity venue that sold out in one hour or so, making them add two dates in the same venue (45K tickets in total, so basically a huge stadium gig after all). I can see the exact same thing happening with this idea.
Maiden plays 10-15k in North America currently, so I'd imagine a step down from that, 7-10k.

Reactions: Oca
Maiden plays 10-15k in North America currently, so I'd imagine a step down from that, 7-10k.
Go back to the DoD tour approach and book five shows at a theater in NYC or something. That makes a lot of sense honestly. No need to do a 2 year tour playing all of the new album to audiences that haven’t heard it or aren’t interested in hearing it. Throw in a few mega deep cuts in the encore and I’m there.

Back