Senjutsu - 3rd September 2021

I personally think we'll get another new album right after the Senjutsu cycle is complete. Think the band would be itching to get back in the studio four years after recording Senjutsu to begin with.
If there are no more History/Hits tours, I think it's possible.

I think the most telling comment from Bruce is "we're two tours behind". That makes sense. LOTB finishes in 2020 with the Senjutsu announcement and the band should be out touring Senjutsu right now.

A tighter Senjutsu tour is going to be far more likely as a result, into the next legacy cycle.
Oh and possibly we’d be looking at a Senjutsu live album release sometime in November.

Not sure if this has been posted but this would be great, especially if they only play deep cuts.

The album will be great,... I mean:

Bruce: ''Looking forward, we all love this record so much we're like, ‘Maybe we should go out and do a smaller-scale tour where we do the whole album, and have the really hardcore Maiden fans who love it turn up - Obviously it's a question of seeing what the hell happens next year and the year after''.

He is definitely serious about it. These aren’t offhand remarks, he has mentioned it in several interviews with more detail and conviction with each new interview. A couple things are happening: one is that they’re setting expectations. If you go see Maiden on the Senjutsu tour, you’re going to mostly get Senjutsu. But I think the band is also testing the waters. There is no doubt that Maiden has social media folks on the FC forum and on here gauging fan reactions to comments like that. If they’re going to do limited engagement concerts for Senjutsu, they need to know that it’s something the fans are actually interested in and will pay/travel to see.

P.S. if any social media Maiden folks are reading this, please bring the “small scale” Senjutsu concert to the west coast of the USA and maybe bring a couple unplayed songs from the 80s while you’re at it? :blueangel:

I'd be interested in them playing the full album.

At the same time, if their only date in the UK is a festival again, is it likely? Your average festival-goer is going to have far more misgivings about it than I do.

He is definitely serious about it. These aren’t offhand remarks, he has mentioned it in several interviews with more detail and conviction with each new interview. A couple things are happening: one is that they’re setting expectations. If you go see Maiden on the Senjutsu tour, you’re going to mostly get Senjutsu. But I think the band is also testing the waters. There is no doubt that Maiden has social media folks on the FC forum and on here gauging fan reactions to comments like that. If they’re going to do limited engagement concerts for Senjutsu, they need to know that it’s something the fans are actually interested in and will pay/travel to see.

P.S. if any social media Maiden folks are reading this, please bring the “small scale” Senjutsu concert to the west coast of the USA and maybe bring a couple unplayed songs from the 80s while you’re at it? :blueangel:
2 out of 2 samples were positive of the album, I think I'm getting into TWOTW a bit more too. Full Senjutsu + Encore with rare classics like The Evil That Men Do, Deja Vu, Back In The Village and more would be an interesting thing to witness. I hope they come to Greece.

2 out of 2 samples were positive of the album, I think I'm getting into TWOTW a bit more too. Full Senjutsu + Encore with rare classics like The Evil That Men Do, Deja Vu, Back In The Village and more would be an interesting thing to witness. I hope they come to Greece.
Deja Vu has become one of my all time favorites, a really cool song, and an example of a well-produced song too. Of course, SiT is one of my all time favorite albums.

Full Senjutsu + Encore with rare classics like The Evil That Men Do, Deja Vu, Back In The Village and more would be an interesting thing to witness. I hope they come to Greece.
The Evil That Men Do was played on several legacy tours and the other two are, uh, not classics that the band would play.

Worth noting that Somewhere in Time is the least played classic era album - songs from that which aren't Wasted Years and Heaven Can Wait are truly rare, if they ever happened.

If they did a short tour in smaller venues playing Senjutsu in its entirety I think it could be a shorter set

Full album plus Hallowed, Fear and Iron Maiden. That's actually close to 1h 45 mins which is standard for Maiden.

The Evil That Men Do was played on several legacy tours and the other two are, uh, not classics that the band would play.

Worth noting that Somewhere in Time is the least played classic era album - songs from that which aren't Wasted Years and Heaven Can Wait are truly rare, if they ever happened.
I meant to say only the good die young, my bad

That's been rather blown out of proportion. He casually mentions it being a passing thought, more or less.

True, but he has mentioned it a few times. That's not to say anything is planned, but it does seem to suggest it's something Bruce would like.

I'd love it, if they played as much of the new record as possible + some deep cuts, maybe even something like the previously hinted OTGDY which was never played before. Hearing FOTD live is a magical experience and songs like RTTH and TNOTB have an amazing energy, but at this point I've heard enough live versions (and have luckily experienced them live), I'm hungry for new songs and rarities!

I meant to say only the good die young, my bad
That makes a lot more sense!

There are a small amount of unplayed songs that band members have expressed interest in. I still strongly believe that it will someday happen, this hypothetical tour seems like the best opportunity.

Back