Senjutsu - 3rd September 2021

If I were the owner of this site, now that we're almost 10 days away, I'd lock the entire forum until September 3rd to avoid anything being mentioned or talked about that shouldn't. @Jon Probably too extreme, right?

• Haha
Reactions: Gk1
I know we discussed it before,ok? I just do not remember where we concluded. Are new albums normally released after 24:00 of the specific timezome??

Iron Maiden runs a massive viral marketing campaign that gets hundreds of articles written about it before the release, but that's not enough.
Every major metal magazine runs a cover story on Senjutsu, but that's not enough.
Every major metal site runs top of the line stories on Senjutsu, but that's not enough.
Stratego already has 1.6 million listens on Youtube and 900k listens on Spotify, but that's not enough.
TWOTW gets 10 million views on the Youtube animated video, 843k listens on the non-animated video, 5.9 million listens on Spotify, but that's not enough.
Google Trends shows a much stronger response to the band & album in the runup to this than during the launch of The Book of Souls but that's not enough.

One has to assume that if Rod Smallwood kicked in the door to RLonger's house and put a megaphone to his ear bellowing "Right then, buy Senjutsu already" his first reaction would be to come to Maidenfans to complain that the megaphone was too close to his ear to understand precisely what Rod said.

What, exactly, is sufficient promotion for this album? Should we commission a massive laser to carve Eddie into the moon, perhaps? Would you like skywriting over every major city? Television ads running at primetime? A door knocking campaign?

So I went back and listened to Stratego and Writing back to back and Writing sounds better not just production wise but modern Maiden wise. I like Stratego but not enough to convince me that Maiden should go all out on the shorter song deal. I prefer Maiden when they're not trying to recapture their youth because well, I already have their youth to listen to. It's like they know there is the Powerslave 2.0 crowd out there and they want to appease them. Again, I like Stratego but let's be honest, it's filler at this point. It doesn't stand out. I'm so excited for the rest of the album knowing it's not trying to do what I mentioned.

Last edited:
So I went back and listened to Stratego and Writing back to back and Writing sounds better not just production wise but modern Maiden wise. I like Stratego but not enough to convince me that Maiden should go all out on the shorter song deal. I prefer Maiden when they're not trying to recapture their youth because well, I already have their youth to listen to. It's like they know there is the Powerslave 2.0 crowd out there and they want to appease them. Again, I like Stratego but let's be honest, it's filler at this point. It doesn't stand out. I'm so excited for the rest of the album.
I like Stratego too but I wouldn’t call it filler. However, I do prefer the longer songs they put out these days over the few short rockers they’ve done as I generally find them more interesting.

I like Stratego too but I wouldn’t call it filler. However, I do prefer the longer songs they put out these days over the few short rockers they’ve done as I generally find them more interesting.
Stratego for me is in the top 3 favorite short tracks after Wicker man and Rainmaker. I think the short rockers are important because it gives the album a burst of energy and pace to break the monotony of the lumbering epics. Given the length of the songs in this album, both Stratego and Days of Future Past will give a much needed breathing space. As much as I love the maiden epics, I wouldn't want 6 of them in a row.

Back