Senjutsu - 3rd September 2021

I'd love the opportunity to see the band in a more intimate venue. But, I can only imagine that really being a phase/leg of the tour rather than the full thing. Do a European/American run in some theaters with the full album played, then bring on the full stage production in 2023 in bigger venues.

Go back to the DoD tour approach and book five shows at a theater in NYC or something. That makes a lot of sense honestly. No need to do a 2 year tour playing all of the new album to audiences that haven’t heard it or aren’t interested in hearing it. Throw in a few mega deep cuts in the encore and I’m there.
That could work, but they're a lot bigger now than they were then - I think they could do a few nights in venues at different locations. NYC, Montreal, Chicago, Vegas, LA, maybe.

Speaking of deep cuts expecting Only the good die young on Senjutsu world tour. Steve himself said it’s a song they could play live.
That'd be a shocker - as far as I know, the band has never debuted a song after the original tour that wasn't played on the original tour.

I’d love seeing them play the full album and also get the more intimate experience of a smaller venue, but by our standard where I live Maiden fills up a stadium with 50K people on a normal tour, so what is a smaller capacity in their view? 10-15K people? When they did AMOLAD tour they played in a 15K capacity venue that sold out in one hour or so, making them add two dates in the same venue (45K tickets in total, so basically a huge stadium gig after all). I can see the exact same thing happening with this idea.
Where are you from? Sweden or Santiago? :D

Reactions: Oca
That could work, but they're a lot bigger now than they were then - I think they could do a few nights in venues at different locations. NYC, Montreal, Chicago, Vegas, LA, maybe.
For sure. Honestly I would consider catching them in all five of those cities.

I think the most telling comment from Bruce is "we're two tours behind". That makes sense. LOTB finishes in 2020 with the Senjutsu announcement and the band should be out touring Senjutsu right now.

A tighter Senjutsu tour is going to be far more likely as a result, into the next legacy cycle.

It’s a good compromise, they probably want to do one more nostalgia tour before Nicko can’t do it anymore. They can’t afford to be in a Senjutsu cycle through 2024.
I personally think we'll get another new album right after the Senjutsu cycle is complete. Think the band would be itching to get back in the studio four years after recording Senjutsu to begin with.

That'd be a shocker - as far as I know, the band has never debuted a song after the original tour that wasn't played on the original tour.

Well this could be the first. Besides it’s not even a complex song. I do hope though they do Alexander the Great only once before they retire and for all of us to rest in peace for that epic being played live.

One thing is certain, Bruce likes Senjutsu more than the Harris Epics, whenever someone asks about 4 Harris epics, Bruce starts to talk about title Track.

I personally think we'll get another new album right after the Senjutsu cycle is complete. Think the band would be itching to get back in the studio four years after recording Senjutsu to begin with.
Wouldn’t hold my breath on that. People were saying the same thing after The Book of Souls.

Back