Senjutsu - 3rd September 2021

Don't care if it's in english, if it's as bad as NPFTD, kust happy they release new music

The new album could be named:
Lost In a Lost World (on the cover Eddie would be seen in a time, when dinosaurs walked the earth) :ninja:
Days of Future Past (cover would have SIT and Back To The Future vibes)
Hell On Earth (on the cover Eddie would be amidst apocalypse landscape, certain TNOB cover vibes)

I still haven't really warmed up to the title of the album yet. A non English title for the album - it just seems off for Maiden.

And how to pronounce it properly is still up for debate.
Yea its unusual for them. But I'm happy to be surprised tbh. Also many words and phrases from other languages have been adapted into English. Take jujitsu for example. Karate, or half the car manufacturers names. I think its cool they've gone for a 1 word (sort of) title, like Powerslave. Anyways I think we're all running on empty here in terms of a Senjutsu thread...gasping for new info here. Dont mind the album wait, but all the info, interviews, reviews, diaries etc are lovely sweeteners or appetisers. Sooo hungry like that dude at the beginning of WOTW vid

I like TFF but it’s definitely inferior to the other reunion era title tracks. Brave New World, Dance of Death, and the Book of Souls are all much stronger. I’m hoping Senjutsu will be closer to one of them.
I’d take it over “Dance of Death” any day of the week.
As an album/concert opener it's not great. Mid paced and slightly plodding with a dull, repetitive riff. El Dorado would have been a better opener.
I disagree. “The Final Frontier” is an epic way to erupt onstage after the celestial buildup of “Satellite 15”. “El Dorado” is a great second track to keep the momentum flowing.

I still haven't really warmed up to the title of the album yet. A non English title for the album - it just seems off for Maiden.

And how to pronounce it properly is still up for debate.

you cant exactly call tff a strong song
Absolutely most certainly can and I do! I’ve listened to it many times over the past weekend - pumping main riff, great solos, reflective lyrics from an isolated spaceman!
”I’ve lived a good life!”

I’ve been really getting into TFF (the album) in the build up to Senjutsu. I love the run of 5 epics on the back half of TFF and am excited that Senjutsu has a similar track list structure with 5 plus 7 minute long songs on the back half (and an additional couple of long songs early in the album too for good balance). Bring on the long songs! Size matters!

Last edited:
Without going over all of them with a fine tooth combed, my gut says that TFF is the weakest of all Maiden title tracks. I’m really glad they ditched that high energy opening Smith rocker formula on TBOS and the length suggests that Senjutsu will do the same.

Back