Senjutsu - 3rd September 2021

Email to the bosses: I need Sept 3rd off for personal reasons.

Reply: Approved.

:) :) :) :) :)

A new Iron Maiden album deserves a freaking holiday. And it's on a Friday! How cool is that you get all weekend to listen to new Maiden and come here to praise/complain. Life is good. Very good.
That whole weekend I'm gonna listen to Senjutsu, starting from early friday or maybe even thirsday)

I was gonna complain that for some annoying reason the Apple Music release is divided into two discs when The Book of Souls isn't, but then I realized that's just cos the version of TBOS in my library is one I've provided myself and a bunch of MP3s obviously won't have sorting by disc. Still, it's a little silly to split a digital release of a double album to separate discs, I think.

Pure conjecture, or something to back up this assumption?
No, just thought so when he struggles a bit to pronounce Senjutsu. It’s no surprise the band has to discuss what the name of their new album will have, as it will have it’s name forever

This may be an "unpopular opinion" and if so, then so be it.. Since the reunion, Maiden's releases have been a hit or miss for me with exceptions here and there on specific tracks.

Brave New World = brilliant album overall with strong songs
Dance of Death = not so great overall but had some strong songs
A Matter of Life and Death = brilliant album overall with strong songs
Final Frontier = not so great with good songs here and there with Starblind being brilliant
The Book of Souls = great album with some awesome tracks

Will this new album follow suit as being so so with maybe a good couple of tracks and that's it?

I don't care for Writing on the Wall at all and if it's an inclination of what's to come, not to excited. I noticed no song writting from Dave this go around :(

This may be an "unpopular opinion" and if so, then so be it.. Since the reunion, Maiden's releases have been a hit or miss for me with exceptions here and there on specific tracks.

Brave New World = brilliant album overall with strong songs
Dance of Death = not so great overall but had some strong songs
A Matter of Life and Death = brilliant album overall with strong songs
Final Frontier = not so great with good songs here and there with Starblind being brilliant
The Book of Souls = great album with some awesome tracks

Will this new album follow suit as being so so with maybe a good couple of tracks and that's it?

I don't care for Writing on the Wall at all and if it's an inclination of what's to come, not to excited. I noticed no song writting from Dave this go around :(
Your argument is based on taste. Nothing more. Or maybe its true and Maiden camp know that so they recorded album, the 'so so' one and then they deleted it and THEN they recorded Senjutsu so now it will be a great album.

TWOTW is a grower. I liked it right away, love the grove. I am real excited about this album, I think it will be something special. A band is always going to hype their new release but the thing that I hang my hat on is the "post that should not be" where Bruce states privately to a mate that he's very pleased with the new album and there is going to be an awesome video. Well, he was right about the awesome video...cannot wait until Sept 3rd.

Your argument is based on taste. Nothing more. Or maybe its true and Maiden camp know that so they recorded album, the 'so so' one and then they deleted it and THEN they recorded Senjutsu so now it will be a great album.
you're right, it is based on taste. I just find it odd that the last 20+ years has been hit or miss for me. Every album has great tracks.... Overall is a different story. I think NOTB is a so so album with very strong songs where I feel POM is better overall but still acknowledge NOTB has better songs... That's my position. I didn't like the release songs from Book of Souls so hopefully the album will surprise me as that one did. I'm excited regardless.... happy they are still making music and going forward.

So, anyone on here going to Bruce's show 2night that can relay some new Senjutsu info?
I went, there was no new info. Senjutsu wasn't even mentioned. The audience-questions second half seemed a bit suss, unless that theatre-full of folk in Maiden shirts really were keen at to ask questions that lead nicely into aviation anecdotes.

Still, it was great to see him looking well. They played a version of TWOTW video just before the break, which had more prominent sound effects, and it was great to see it on a big screen loud as all hell. He sang bits of Jerusalem and Revelations at the end. He spoke about wanting to play Alexander the Great without committing to doing so. Lots of Nicko impersonations.

I hadn't realised that Rod lived in Brighton though, so that was cool to know.

Back