Senjutsu - 3rd September 2021

He spoke about wanting to play Alexander the Great without committing to doing so.
I bet questions about playing ATG live and info about Senjutsu will be the most frequently asked questions.
Funilly enough, while they perform the songs live in the studio for a live vibe...the end result is for the most part too slow. In the live performances they pick up the speed
I think Steve had said that they usually tend to play faster live.

I bet questions about playing ATG live and info about Senjutsu will be the most frequently asked questions.

I think Steve had said that they usually tend to play faster live.

I know for sure that Nicko tends to play faster and to speed up the tempo when he's tired, especially towards the end of the gigs.

Probably! I don't know why people keep asking about if they'll want to/will play ATG, though. Every time, the answer has been a short, more or les serious "yes" and that's it. How many times people want to hear that, instead of something actually relevant or just... different? Of course, it might be just "part of the show" - Bruce keeps picking certain amount of quite similar questions in a lot of his shows. Part of the reason might be that people just really keep asking same stuff over and over again, though.

However I do not think that in some cases Kevin is able to determine which takes and speeds work for the songs. Oh, well. It is what it is.
I don't think that's really up to him sadly. He's there to make the band sound as good as possible but in terms of having actual songwriting input he'd get overruled by SH on every occasion.

It's so strange that we had a video where he basically said "we can finally talk about the new Iron Maiden album!" and then as soon as he does a show he clearly doesn't want to talk about it.
Maybe there has to be a question about the new album?... I think his one man show can be quite interesting (with cool stories, info about albums, songs, creation process, tours, recordings etc), but I guess all depends on the questions.

It was definitely a surprise that there were no questions about the new album.
Probably! I don't know why people keep asking about if they'll want to/will play ATG, though. Every time, the answer has been a short, more or les serious "yes" and that's it. How many times people want to hear that, instead of something actually relevant or just... different? Of course, it might be just "part of the show" - Bruce keeps picking certain amount of quite similar questions in a lot of his shows. Part of the reason might be that people just really keep asking same stuff over and over again, though.
I think people will never stop asking this question until they finally play it. The solution is easy... :innocent:

--
I think people will never stop asking this question until they finally play it. The solution is easy... :innocent:

Or there were, but they were not picked by Bruce. While (even at show I attended back in 2019) I'd like to see him talking about his music projects a bit more, it's also true that some of the fan questions are often, in the end, not much to draw from. Without spilling the beans too much. But yeah, part of it is, for sure, just the fact that he just likes to bring up different things at the moment.

As for ATG, it's such a Maiden meme and one of the very few that both fans and the band sort of share, so playing it would kinda ruin it. :p

Maybe there has to be a question about the new album?... I think his one man show can be quite interesting (with cool stories, info about albums, songs, creation process, tours, recordings etc), but I guess all depends on the questions.

To issue a firm band statement, where they under penalty of death vow to never ever play ATG live?

That's far easier than actually playing it. :D

IMO the most interesting thing about Bruce is Iron Maiden. And I think most people would agree with me.
But he wants people to be equally interested by his non Maiden stuff. It will never work, we (most people) just don't care about aviation and business.
I think this is what drives some people in this forum into frustration with Bruce.

IMO the most interesting thing about Bruce is Iron Maiden. And I think most people would agree with me.
But he wants people to be equally interested by his non Maiden stuff. It will never work, we (most people) just don't care about aviation and business.
I think this is what drives some people in this forum into frustration with Bruce.
Things that Bruce do are interesting because of his job in Iron Maiden. "Bruce is an airline pilot" - no one is interested. "Iron Maiden frontman is an airline pilot" - different story.

People can be interested in his non Maiden stuff but only if there's clear associacion with Maiden stuff.

He's just an educated fool, and he doesn't know what it is he's supposed to do.

Things that Bruce do are interesting because of his job in Iron Maiden. "Bruce is an airline pilot" - no one is interested. "Iron Maiden frontman is an airline pilot" - different story.

People can be interested in his non Maiden stuff but only if there's clear associacion with Maiden stuff.
Someone gets it. No one cares about a pilot or a fencer (sorry to all fencers and pilots out there), but if he also happens to be one of the greatest metal singers of all time it's a different story.

Back