Senjutsu - 3rd September 2021

The Death Of The Celts... Some say it's Clansman 2... Just give me a killer instrumental section and a stadium chorus and I'm all in.

Steve seems to have an interest in Celtic culture, the British Lion album cover had loads of Celtic motifs and there was a tshirt on sale at their gigs that was pretty much a rip off of Jim Fitzpatrick Thin Lizzy album covers, specifically Johnny the Fox.

EDIT:
Here's the shirt
main_0eafc-20161210_132820.jpg

Johnny the Fox
iu

Steve seems to have an interest in Celtic culture, the British Lion album cover had loads of Celtic motifs and there was a tshirt on sale at their gigs that was pretty much a rip off of Jim Fitzpatrick Thin Lizzy album covers, specifically Johnny the Fox.
Yeah. But if Steve gives us something like The Clansman again with a higher quality of the lineup nowadays... This has the potential to be a classic.

Yeah. But if Steve gives us something like The Clansman again with a higher quality of the lineup nowadays... This has the potential to be a classic.

I'm expecting the Lizzy harmonies that he has been avoiding for a long time on this one.

I mean, Isle of Avalon was based on some deep Celtic culture stuff, one of the reasons the song is lyrically quite interesting.

Yeah, Stratego is interesting. It could just be a word used in the way of strategy, or it could be a reference to strategos, the ancient Greek word for general.

No idea what this one's gonna be.

I'm reasonably sure Darkest Hour will be about the most heroic victory I can think of.

The time Rodimus Prime opened the Matrix of Leadership to defeat Unicron. What did he say? "Now...light our Darkest Hour"...
Now there was a soundtrack with some kick ass rockers! If Adrians contributions are half as good as 'Spectre General' ill be delighted! :rocker:

If someone had posted these song titles a week ago, I would have dismissed them as fan fiction. I think the song titles are quite un-Maiden, but I have a strong feeling that we’re in for a treat given how tight and well rehearsed the first single was. Real contrast to BoS which I found way to loose and sloppy.
The three Harris songs at the end of the record might just blow our heads of - but for the love of God, no guitar following the vocal line for 40+ minutes. That has been the standard formula over the last epics from him and I really hope he can come up with something that’s out of his standard box of creativity, his compositions have been rather predictable although really good if not great at times.

If someone had posted these song titles a week ago, I would have dismissed them as fan fiction. I think the song titles are quite un-Maiden,

Thing is, this is what I've been thinking about every album starting with AMOLAD. When AMOLAD, TFF and TBOS were dropped, I thought they were fake every time.

I think we all agree that 'Arry indeed has made a lot of questionable decisions and some of his songs lately have been quite repetitive, but I always find it odd that there are lots of people in a Maiden forum genuinely "worried" or "disappointed" because goddamn Steve Harris wrote 4 epics.

Back