Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stop thinking it's all about the new compilation, Please.
Because...? From where I'm standing it seems that I can be happy with ANY new maiden release. They can call it even "the XVII factor - the XI factor with Bruce" and still I can be happy with that. I don't see why my thoughts and hopes are problem for someone.

It is just their 2 most recent best of albums plus 2 songs off the album released after that.
Yeah. I thought it is strange because the ''IM official playlist'' (with the still ongoing LOTB tour setlist) was replaced exactly today. And because they use Spotify for their hype campaign (the covers with the hints).

Anyway, IMXVII can only mean one thing.

Who knows!!! Since they dropped the first hints via the Clairvoyant clip....it might as well be that the new album is a concept one. Even better it might be a continuation of the SSOSS story! Then again we got these BQOBD references!!!

Last edited:
Then again we got these BQOBD references!!!
I was amused at the fact that they busted out The Angel and the Gambler out of all songs from Virtual XI on their story yesterday. Someone pointed out that it was the first single of the album. That might be the only reason as to why Be Quick or Be Dead was the soundtrack to the story two/three days ago.

So many years and I still can't believe that they recorded the angel and the gambler.
Even if the repeated chorus is horrible, it's a fun song to drive along to even if the repeated chorus is horrible. Even if the repeated chorus is horrible enough for you to not get over that they recorded The Angel and the Gambler even if the repeated chorus is horrible, it's a little funny that Don't Look To the Eyes of a Stranger even if the repeated chorus is horrible.

Because even if the repeated chorus is horrible, they not only did it once - but twice.

W
Why? Album details tomorrow (and maybe single... if not, then on Monday) with announcing the dates for the new album tour next year in the fall (with special guests/co-headliner Priest) - like most of the bands do.

But nowadays a joint tour of Maiden and Priest would be too good to be true, I guess.
Rob and Ian about the idea:

Why on earth would Maiden accept Priest as......co-headliners ?

Why on earth would Maiden accept Priest as......co-headliners ?

For fun? Maybe it would work where Priest can sell out an arena.

They are talking about 4-5 band lineup. Unfortunately there are no classics, Deep Purple isn't a heavy band for some time, Zep is no more, Sabbath is done, Ozzy and Maiden won't play together, Lemmy's dead, Ritchie's Rainbow is very weak.

Judas Priest is actually the only active early 70s band that's still metal, still heavy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back