Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
different strokes and all. too many loud maiden shows maybe??? lol seriously, it's everything i want in a prod job - lush, balanced, organic, clean, non-compressed dynamics (at least less compressed - this did come out during the CD Compression Wars)
My criticism would be that the mix of the rhythm guitars lacks clarity and the bass could be a tad more prominent. But yes, it's easily the best sounding of Shirley's tenure. Not a patch on the sound of the 80s albums though (debut and Piece of Mind excepted).

I am confused about one of the clues on the blog. What is the significance of the apple in the Guillaume Tell logo? What has a river got to do with anything’s? Am I just being thick?
No one had seen the Guillaume Tell post despite it being up for a week. So they made that post which points to the studio

It's by the river. It has an apple in the logo. It's the capital of France. That entire writing was about Guillaume Tell.

My criticism would be that the mix of the rhythm guitars lacks clarity and the bass could be a tad more prominent. But yes, it's easily the best sounding of Shirley's tenure. Not a patch on the sound of the 80s albums though (debut and Piece of Mind excepted).
for my money (and played through MartinLogan ESL 11 speakers with NAD amplification and SVS sealed sub) NO OTHER recorded song Maiden has done sounds better than "Out of the Silent Planet" off BNW. just insane impact and clarity.

for my money (and played through MartinLogan ESL 11 speakers with NAD amplification and SVS sealed sub) NO OTHER recorded song Maiden has done sounds better than "Out of the Silent Planet" off BNW. just insane impact and clarity.
Have you listened to any of the original vinyls for the first seven albums?

Honestly I don't get the total boner most people have for the sound of the 80's albums? For the most part they sound thin and fucking OLD to me. Killers has a pretty good mix, but every other 80's album I listen to in spite of the production, not because of it.

Brave New World sounds very good to me. Big, loud, heavy, modern, in your face. The drums in particular are HUGE. There's actually some low end weight to it.

It is slightly muddy (could be fixed with a better mastering job) but easily the best sounding Maiden record by a long way imo.

The rest of the reunion era stuff hasn't sounded great, but that's really down to Steve imo.

22 may on the cover = release date in may 2022 ? :/
Dear God, Beelzebub and Belshazzar I hope not. Don't think so anyways...I looked up that book and the actual book itself has that date on it. Don't think its manipulated for Maiden

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-07-03 at 21.19.09.png
    Screen Shot 2021-07-03 at 21.19.09.png
    611.5 KB · Views: 13
Legacy of the Beast tour predictions: they’ll finish the last leg of the tour while swapping in one or two songs from the new album. Then do a full album tour afterward. Just like the did El Dorado only on the first leg of the US 2010 tour, and Wildest Dreams on the Give Me Head tour.
In wich tour did they played el dorado before the álbum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back