Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they're contractually obliged to finish the Legacy of the Beast tour, name the album Legacy of the Beast and tour it. Bosh simple, job done.

I expect the cheque in the post, Rod.

I’ll say this: 11 years ago we were speculating whether Steve would stay true to his word of making 15 albums then retiring. 5 years later, we were questioning whether Bruce would ever sing again.

That we are talking about a new Maiden album in 2021 is pretty wild. If or when it happens, we will be extremely fortunate. What are other bands from 1975 up to right now?

I’ll say this: 11 years ago we were speculating whether Steve would stay true to his word of making 15 albums then retiring. 5 years later, we were questioning whether Bruce would ever sing again.

That we are talking about a new Maiden album in 2021 is pretty wild. If or when it happens, we will be extremely fortunate. What are other bands from 1975 up to right now?
Scorpions, Priest making new albums, Ozzy, Deep Purple, AC/DC just released an album last year, Alice Cooper this year.

And I know I'm missing a ton of them.

And how many of those old bands still have their classic line-ups completely intact? Only Maiden.
Fans of the first three albums and non-fans of Janick might take issue with this statement. “Still...intact” also ignores Bruce and Adrian’s extended absences. But I know what you meant.

Judas Priest is making a new album.
I take your point, with the caveat that their lineup is missing both guitarists (I know Tipton still has creative involvement).

It’s great that a lot of these legacy acts are still around making new music, but none are doing anything that rivals their classic material the way Maiden’s new music does.

I like Firepower a lot. It reminds me of classic Priest, and in a way, it doesn't show a huge amount of musical growth. But it does have some damn excitement on the record.

I like Firepower a lot. It reminds me of classic Priest, and in a way, it doesn't show a huge amount of musical growth. But it does have some damn excitement on the record.
I really think it just comes down to the production. There isn’t much there that differs from Redeemer of Souls or even Angel of Retribution, it just sounds a lot better and punchier. I imagine if Maiden released the same album as Book of Souls but with Sneapsound, it would be hailed as a return to form by critics and casual fans who don’t know any better.

I really think it just comes down to the production. There isn’t much there that differs from Redeemer of Souls or even Angel of Retribution, it just sounds a lot better and punchier. I imagine if Maiden released the same album as Book of Souls but with Sneapsound, it would be hailed as a return to form by critics and casual fans who don’t know any better.
BOS was hailed as a return to form tho regardless of its terrible production

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back