Coronavirus

There were some restrictions or guidance in about a year ago, March 15 I think it was for over 70s, and we were sent home from work on March 18. The actual lockdown happened about March 23 I think.

There were some restrictions or guidance in about a year ago, March 15 I think it was for over 70s, and we were sent home from work on March 18. The actual lockdown happened about March 23 I think.

We acted earlier at work than Boris and moved all our teaching online 10 days before the actual lockdown. The exodus of overseas students who could not believe the UK government’s dithering was impressive and given what happened next who would blame them...

Last edited:
This mostly shows how important it is to hammer the facts in. Vaccines are longed for and hailed as the salvation and people have been utterly craving social contact. This reaction is just, very human because they now finally feel safe. That's why information campaigns are so important. The message has to be hammered in, repeatedly and over time.

When you have irresponsible tabloids, hammering the facts in becomes very difficult.

Last edited:
There were a lot of Chinese and Indian students living at flats in my local town centre. By early March, all the Chinese ones had vanished. Some of the Indian students were still there because they worked in the nearby shops, but there was definitely no sign of the Chinese ones.

And we were sent home from work on March 18. The actual lockdown happened about March 23 I think.
I remember we closed the shop on the 18th at noon. It was hell, too many people, no safety distance and we were the only one wearing mouthmasks. What a bunch of selfish customers we had that day...it almost felt like a warzone.

There were a lot of Chinese and Indian students living at flats in my local town centre. By early March, all the Chinese ones had vanished. Some of the Indian students were still there because they worked in the nearby shops, but there was definitely no sign of the Chinese ones.

Many of our EU students decided to leave in early March.

Coronaversary! 1 year ago, Norway went into lockdown. I think March 12 was the start of lockdown for many other countries as well?
And back then I thought it would go over fairly quickly.

At least I am lucky to live in a town where we barely have been affected by the virus. And I notice that a lot of people are really annoyed at national restrictions, instead of regional. Hopefully things are back to normal by March next year.

Is it because of the blood clots, or are there more concerns? I thought there wasn't any statistical significance to it.

Is it because of the blood clots, or are there more concerns? I thought there wasn't any statistical significance to it.

It's the blood clots. They need to figure out if they are caused by the vaccine. Statistical significance is unimportant here, if there's only a one in a million chance that you can get a blood clot from it, AstraZeneca loses its clearance.

There have been 15 cases of deep vein trombosis and 22 of pulmonary embolism out of more than 17 million doses. The numbers are even lower than what you would normally see in people from the age groups being vaccinated so far under normal conditions.

Although being cautious is always reasonable, someone should explain to the general public the difference between correlation and causation.

1615839993442.jpeg

There have been 15 cases of deep vein trombosis and 22 of pulmonary embolism out of more than 17 million doses. The numbers are even lower than what you would normally see in people from the age groups being vaccinated so far under normal conditions.

Although being cautious is always reasonable, someone should explain to the general public the difference between correlation and causation.

View attachment 14052

Yep.

Back