Coronavirus

I mean that I am glad to hear statements on the vaccin other than the one of the producer itself.

EDIT: just in (quoting some of the Dutch article via Google Translate):

The Netherlands will continue to inject the AstraZeneca vaccine. Vaccination will resume next week. On Monday, people will be injected again, the large-scale vaccination with AstraZeneca will start on Wednesday.

Minister Hugo de Jonge announced this tonight. There will not be started tomorrow, because new appointments have to be scheduled.

350,000 injections have been taken with the AstraZeneca vaccine in the Netherlands. An estimated 110,000 injections were not taken this week because of the break.

These injections would be placed on 60 to 64-year-olds, people with morbid obesity, people with Down's syndrome, mental health workers and patients and community nurses. Those appointments will be rescheduled from next week.

No link has been found between thrombosis and the vaccine, the EMA concluded. However, a link between the thrombosis symptoms in combination with the platelets and the vaccine cannot yet be ruled out, said director of the EMA Emer Cooke. The EMA ruled that the advantages outweigh the disadvantages and that the complaints are in any case so rare that it can be considered a safe vaccine.

However, a warning about the complaints is included with the vaccine.

Rare
There are now 25 cases of rare forms of thrombosis in combination with a reduced number of blood platelets known. The complaints mainly occurred in women under 55 years of age. The Dutch Medicines Evaluation Board said that women under the age of 55 could now be classified as a risk group.

Minister De Jonge has considered this, but has decided not to designate this group as a risk group. Women under the age of 55 will therefore also receive the AstraZeneca vaccine. "It is clearly stated by the EMA that the chance of this rare type of condition is very small," said De Jonge.

Other countries
After the news, several EU countries have already announced that they will resume vaccinations from tomorrow. Germany, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania and Cyprus, among others, are starting vaccinations with the AstraZeneca vaccine again.

Last edited:
Interesting article on the AZ vaccine ...

Oxford-AstraZeneca COVID-19 Vaccine's Benefits Far Outweigh Risks, Say E.U. Regulators
The precautionary principle kills again.

Several European countries recently paused vaccinating their citizens with the Oxford-AstraZeneca (AZ) COVID-19 vaccine, in light of scattered reports that a few patients had developed blood clotting after being inoculated. Meanwhile, the continent has been experiencing a third wave of COVID-19 infections, hospitalizations, and deaths.

Now the European Medicines Agency has evaluated the risks and the benefits of being inoculated with the AZ vaccine. "The benefits of the vaccine in combating the still widespread threat of COVID-19 (which itself results in clotting problems and may be fatal) continue to outweigh the risk of side effects," it concludes. Furthermore, "The vaccine is not associated with an increase in the overall risk of blood clots…in those who receive it." The agency's Pharmacovigilance Risk Assessment Committee added that it "was of the opinion that the vaccine's proven efficacy in preventing hospitalisation and death from COVID-19 outweighs the extremely small likelihood of developing" blood clots.

The United Kingdom's Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency notes that with 11 million doses of COVID-19 AZ vaccine administered so far, only five possible cases of blood clotting have been reported among the recipients.

One unfortunate side effect of the blood clot uproar will be a greater reluctance to get vaccinated with the AZ vaccine. Earlier this month, a Harris Poll in France found that just 43 percent of respondents trusted the AZ vaccine. A new poll by the Elabe Institute, published Tuesday, shows only 20 percent of the French people trusting the vaccine.

In his brilliant essay, "What is Seen and What is Unseen," the 19th century economist Frederic Bastiat pointed out that the favorable "seen" effects of any policy often produce many disastrous "unseen" consequences. Bastiat urges us "not to judge things solely by what is seen, but rather by what is not seen." Unfortunately, politicians in 16 European countries focused on the few "seen" blood clots while ignoring the "unseen" thousands of COVID-19 hospitalizations and deaths that timely vaccination could have averted.

just an attempt to control people

Chip in the vaccine - 5G connectivity, draws power from the human tissue, realtime control of central nervous system, doesn't have heating issues, doesn't have upgrade issues, self programmable nanotechnology, 50+ year lifecycle, for $10

nVidia GeForce RTX 3060Ti - none of the above for $500

With a certain amount of politics and fear of the anti-vaxxer agenda gaining ground.

As a complete aside, a local councillor just posting something on social media asking how people feel about a 5G mast being put up in this area - obviously expecting outcry and panic. So far people have just said they appreciate better technology.

Two of my 70+ relatives got their shot today, as did two of my friends that have risk illnesses. The authorities are planning that after the risk groups, they would vaccinate first either people in their 60s and 50s, people in their 20s and 30s, inhabitants of certain neighbourhoods or non-Finnish speaking people (three last groups due to large numbers of infections). As I'm in my 40s and no risk illnesses, I'm probably the last one to be vaccinated. May happen before Christmas if I'm lucky, or maybe the vaccines run out before that. :(

More trouble with AstraZeneca:

"AstraZeneca may have used “outdated information” in the results of a large-scale COVID-19 vaccine trial, a U.S. health agency said on Tuesday, casting fresh doubt on the shot, its potential U.S. rollout and plunging its developers, once again, into controversy."

You've got to love these things: "may have used outdated information". Why not check if the information is outdated before reporting things?

One cannot help but wonder if there is a deliberate strategy to try and sink a vaccine that is being provided on a not-for-profit basis for the duration of the pandemic across the world, and in perpetuity to low- and middle-income countries...

When there's a hunch, it's good to investigate further. What you are implying is that it should not be in the media?
That would be difficult when you want to be transparent about your healthcare.

This is the Achilles heel of democracy, if I say I'd auto-charge misdemeanors and criminal offenses to journalists who publish factually wrong data I'd be called an anti democrat. But I certainly, certainly, tend to sway to that side, at least in the times of crisis.

The journalist that publishes an article, in the core of things, is the same as Karen on Facebook.

Being educated on the issue, objective, open, truthful and altruistic is merely a choice. A choice that most people do not take in their daily affairs, let alone business. And mainstream journalism is a business.

When there's a hunch, it's good to investigate further. What you are implying is that it should not be in the media?
That would be difficult when you want to be transparent about your healthcare.

A hunch is a feeling based on intuition rather than fact. In science one should work with facts, not hunches. ;)

Of course I am not against these things being in the media when there is evidence supporting the claims being made and I obviously believe healthcare and science should be transparent and open. However, the way things are reported in the press borders the scaremongering.

The whole issue with the blood clots is a good example of this. For instance, according to the National Institute for Clinical Excellence, 2 people in every 1000 will suffer a DVT each year and seven to eight per 10000 will be diagnosed with pulmonary embolism (https://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/ta...revention-rivaroxaban-appendix-b-final-scope2). Based on those figures, with 17 million vaccine doses, one would expect 34,000 people developing a DVT and between 11,900 and 13,600 to be diagnosed with pulmonary embolism instead of the 15 reported cases of deep-vein thrombosis (DVT) and 22 of pulmonary embolism...

AstraFuckEuropa has caused enough unrest already with their shitty distribution. So, it is good to force such fuckTories factories to be open with their data.

It is pretty scientific to ask proof of recent data. It isn't when it is not clear.

AstraFuckEuropa has caused enough unrest already with their shitty distribution. So, it is good to force such fuckTories factories to be open with their data.

It is pretty scientific to ask proof of recent data. It isn't when it is not clear.

I see, your reasoning is not driven by science. :lol:

For what is worth, the following article provides a good explanation of the differences between the contracts signed by the EU and the UK (analysis courtesy of a contract law expert at Leuven University):

With some luck, all of us will get the AstraZeneca jab soon and our lives would go back to normal.

Pfitzer - American - great stuff, cutting edge
BioNTech - American - great stuff, cutting edge
J&J - American - great stuff
Moderna - American - great stuff

Sputnik - Russian - non tested shady vaccine, not up to 'western' standards
Oxford - UK - tested but hasted and obviously problematic
Cansino - Chinese - these people made the virus do you really want their vaccine
CoviShield - Indian - Lidl Oxford, bad vaccine

Our PM, health Minister, and head of Parliament are getting their Oxford vaccine tomorrow.

I'm fine with CoviShield, we're getting a few million doses of it eventually. AstraZeneca seems fine too, despite all the fear mongering. I still prefer Pfizer or Moderna, but I most prefer the immunization that I can get.

Back