Prediction: Does Maiden do one more album? And what's the theme if so?

Love the idea about both themes.
Imagine the chorus
Atlaaantiiis...lost into the seas of time
Atlaaantiiis...can't you hear the bells chime

Now Eddie a a knight of the round table would be really great. As a concept this would be even better.
Caaamelooot...it´s the castle of the knights
Caaameloot...their armour´s shining bright
Laaanceloot...he´s the greatest of them all
Laaanceloot...he´s in the castle´s hall
I can imagine Hammerfall doing this. Not Maiden.

Not a whole album about that theme (because it will be a concept album), but I really want Maiden to write a song about Atlantis - curious theme (perfect for a heavy metal song imo)... imagine this song is the title track....(Eddie in Atlantis as an album cover). :notworthy:

Other theme I'd like to add is - knights (again, the album cover would look great).

There are so many metal songs about Atlantis... and knights, in fact.

If Maiden consciously try to make or market a Last Album, I hope they don't ham it up with nostalgia and make a total mess. Still not comfortable with Steve's intentions re The Red and The Black. It sounded to me like he tried to write the Maiden song to end all Maiden songs and ended up throwing way too many ingredients into one pot. Plus Bruce almost effortlessly wrote a headline-hogging epic that completely eclipsed it.

To be fair, you could read both the last two albums as hinting at The End, if they'd chosen it call it a day, probably the two prior to that too, actually.

To be fair, you could read both the last two albums as hinting at The End, if they'd chosen it call it a day, probably the two prior to that too, actually.
Exactly, the general feel and theme of "Journeyman" and the very title of "The Legacy" could hint at them being viewed as "the last song ever", just in case.

Not a whole album about that theme (because it will be a concept album), but I really want Maiden to write a song about Atlantis - curious theme (perfect for a heavy metal song imo)... imagine this song is the title track....(Eddie in Atlantis as an album cover). :notworthy:

Other theme I'd like to add is - knights (again, the album cover would look great).
And now, we can make fake rumours about it
cO89jrC.png
We could say the cover is by Melvin Grant :p

^ Do people coming up with this shit even listen to Maiden? This is for Stratovarious or some other power metal shit which is as remote to Maiden as Cattle Decap is, just in another direction.

^ Do people coming up with this shit even listen to Maiden? This is for Stratovarious or some other power metal shit which is as remote to Maiden as Cattle Decap is, just in another direction.

This is something that keeps baffling me. People coming up with thematic suggestions that have nothing to do with Maiden, listening to untalented power metal bands thinking they sound like Maiden... I sometimes think there must be two Iron Maidens out there.

Nah, it doesn't look good enough to be a Stratovarius album cover and the title is way too long too.

Still waiting for Iron Maiden’s “The Man In The Iron Mask”. It’s literature! It helped give the band their name! Come on Steve, it’s perfect for you!

Still waiting for Iron Maiden’s “The Man In The Iron Mask”. It’s literature! It helped give the band their name! Come on Steve, it’s perfect for you!
That would be great indeed. Or The Count Of Monte Cristo, also from Dumas.

Last edited:
Back