Nights of the Dead, Legacy of the Beast: Live in Mexico City (new live album)

Definietly this YT clip doesn't sound good, but it's just a sample. I must wait to hear the final result from cd. Do you remember first version of El Dorado single? Promo version streamed by the band sounded terrible too.

The sound on a Youtube video depends on the bitrate of the audio. It has nothing to do with the production of the album. A Youtube video doesn't change how the production actually sounds.

The sound on a Youtube video depends on the bitrate of the audio. It has nothing to do with the production of the album. A Youtube video doesn't change how the production actually sounds.
While that’s true to a point, low bit rate recordings sound absolute shit and a bit “tinny” for lack of a better word, and that’s what I hear here.

Travis is absolutely right. It's like driving with a little bit of rain on your windshield. You still see what's on the other side of the glass.

Absolutely. If there was any depth and attack to the drums like in concert, it would be less defined and possibly distorted in the compressed lossy audio. But it is just not there.

There may be grit on the guitar sound that got fucked over by YT's compression. We'll see.

Is this the final sound mix? If it is we are obviously talking about a joke.It just sounds TERRIBLE
When I copy the video URL and paste it, it says it's unavailable, but it has over 28,000 views and makes it look like it's on Maiden's official youtube, but when I go to their youtube, it doesn't even show up at all. Is this video out there or isn't it?Screen Shot 2020-10-02 at 5.12.05 PM.jpg

I just put "aces high Mexico 2019" in YT search, the link is there and the video is there.
But, I'm a subscriber to the channel.

I just put "aces high Mexico 2019" in YT search, the link is there and the video is there.
But, I'm a subscriber to the channel.
I'm subscribe as well and no luck here with searching for that on YT. Maybe because it's so new it takes a while for it to get to everyone?

Anyone else think the artwork is shit
It's not so much shit as it is lazy. BoS: LC had the same problem...they just used some tour artwork and slapped it on the cover. This one they just changed the outfit on the Trooper Eddie they've been using in most of the recent LotB posts and a little extra.

Well, I had to find a site that let's you download YT videos so I finally got a listen. That's definitely one of Bruce's better vocal performances of that song from the LOTB tour so no complaints there.

Well, I had to find a site that let's you download YT videos so I finally got a listen. That's definitely one of Bruce's better vocal performances of that song from the LOTB tour so no complaints there.
Yea, I think he sound fucking phenomenal. His highs are super clean and crisp and not nearly as “warbly” as on the BOS tour.

Does anybody think that Bruce sounds strained on Aces High or is it just me?
I think there were nights were he did because of illness, but here he sounds really good. Easily as good as Flight 666. He does sound a touch winded. That said, it’s still quite a bit better than Live After Death.

I think it was one of his better performances in 2019. I still think he was a lot better in 2018 overall, but maybe that's because the videos aren't professional recordings and you can't hear him being out of breath or something like that on those videos. It's a good performance, but I do think 2018 ones were better.

Don't really care if we had all but one song on previous live albums. I will consider this a nice souvenir from one of my fav Maiden tours ever.

Hmmmm I definitely
I think there were nights were he did because of illness, but here he sounds really good. Easily as good as Flight 666. He does sound a touch winded. That said, it’s still quite a bit better than Live After Death.

Hmmmm definitely need to hear this version again 'cause I really don't really like what I hear. On the other hand you're definitely right about him sounding better than the version of Aces High in th Live After Death video

Like I said above, there was another version on youtube of the same track a few months ago, that sounded way better. I recorded the stream at the time so I've been able to listen to them side by side and trust me that sample that's on there now is shit.

Back