Nights of the Dead, Legacy of the Beast: Live in Mexico City (new live album)

Becuase the tour was to support a dvd. If they released a dvd for a tour to support a dvd it would have caused the universe to implode
But Somewhere Back in Time was also a tour in support of a DVD that they released a DVD of. Don't think that's what stopped them, probably just the fact that by the time Ullevi happened, the DVD version of Death on the Road was still in limbo and they generally seemed to only want live albums from the album tours until Flight 666 broke the pattern with the documentary's "soundtrack" release.

Anyway, I already mentioned being disappointed with the sound, so that's all I have to say so far. LotB deserves better. The title's a mouthful too, did they really have to throw in Legacy of the Beast there too?

But Somewhere Back in Time was also a tour in support of a DVD that they released a DVD of. Don't think that's what stopped them, probably just the fact that by the time Ullevi happened, the DVD version of Death on the Road was still in limbo and they generally seemed to only want live albums from the album tours until Flight 666 broke the pattern with the documentary's "soundtrack" release.

Anyway, I already mentioned being disappointed with the sound, so that's all I have to say so far. LotB deserves better. The title's a mouthful too, did they really have to throw in Legacy of the Beast there too?

em...Trump is president, COVID and fires everywhere, all year -> imploded

Somewhere Back was in support of the compilation of the same name.

Steve's football mate that used to be in Dirty Deeds.

Exactly. His production credits are not particularly impressive:

I wonder how he ended up producing Iron Maiden's live albums...

Exactly. His production credits are not particularly impressive:

I wonder how he ended up producing Iron Maiden's live albums...

Pretty sure he's the one taping all their gigs.

but his CV suggests very limited production experience. ;)
That's rather unlikely though. There may be loads of stuff where his work isn't credited properly, or just not documented properly on Discogs. He might have been assistant engineer on loads of albums etc. I seriously doubt the notion that he's inexperienced or not very good. As we all know, Steve is the one making the decisions.

He was also responsible for a couple of the live broadcasts, but his CV suggests very limited production experience. ;)

I meant it's more likely laziness and cheapness, i.e sure Tony has the tapes already he might as well mix them instead of bringing Kevin in

Back