GREATEST METAL ALBUM CUP - Winner: Iron Maiden - Seventh Son of a Seventh Son!

So Devin Townsend is not a singer... :facepalm:
Nothing against your other takes Brigantium. It's all a matter of taste and I respect it. But saying this guy is not a singer????? I'm just at lack of words for this.
That was a quip at whoever said that Katatonia should have got a singer in, not realising it was Mikael Åkerfeldt.

Was Andy Sneap in Sabbat?
Andy Sneap, in my eyes, is one of heavy metal's unsung heroes. He did that first Sabbat album when was seventeen years old. I'm very happy to see Dreamweaver in this game, that album is a fantastic little prog/thrash experience. Reminds me a lot of Watchtower or Anacrusis. Also voted for Nuclear Assault (easy), Death (not as easy, still fairly easy though), and Skid Row (SOAD sucks)

Andy Sneap, in my eyes, is one of heavy metal's unsung heroes. He did that first Sabbat album when was seventeen years old. I'm very happy to see Dreamweaver in this game, that album is a fantastic little prog/thrash experience. Reminds me a lot of Watchtower or Anacrusis. Also voted for Nuclear Assault (easy), Death (not as easy, still fairly easy though), and Skid Row (SOAD sucks)
Dunno why, but I do like quite a few of SOAD's songs. Wouldn't expect that considering the bands I'm into, but...
No rational explanation - except east Europe bias, perhaps.

S.O.A.D - very unique + B.Y.O.B is nostalgic to me.

CoC obviously, one day I decided to listen to the Spotify radio and Dance of the Dead played, I've heard it many many times that month, actually overplayed it... And it was the heaviest thing I've heard at the time.

This album is an "only gets better" one. Just when I think Damned for All Time is the best thing ever, with this ultra good chorus, Dance of the Dead comes, and Buried, and Painted Smiling Face... All very hooky. Then the oddball of Vote With a Bullet, which is quite different from the rest, mainly but not only because Pepper Keenan takes vocal duties. Only White Noise at the end of the album doesn't hold up to the rest. This was one of my certain picks for the nominations (but mostly for variety's sake...)

I'm really sick of Vivid so just about anything would do.

And lastly Dreamweaver, though I think I hasted with the decision because I'm not sure I actually prefer this. Whatever, FBD ain't no Trendkill...

I don't think I'd ever have heard Japanese black metal
Wrong Sabbat.

In 3 words: Individual Thought Patterns. That's the Death album I enjoy the most.
#facts.... on my list

Andy Sneap, in my eyes, is one of heavy metal's unsung heroes. He did that first Sabbat album when was seventeen years old. I'm very happy to see Dreamweaver in this game, that album is a fantastic little prog/thrash experience.
And you'll see History Of A Time To Come also... that I assure you. And yes... Sneap rules.

There’s something kind of cool and subversive about System Of A Down, but Serj Tankian completely loses me when he puts on the clown suit and goes bonkers. When he’s a little more restrained and focusing on rhythm and harmony, like in the last couple of “Hollywood” tracks, I think the whole package works a lot better. When he goes psycho and starts blathering into the microphone I just want to turn him off. The Skid Row album only has a few great songs and a lot of filler, but it never makes me want to rip out my headphones and run away. Sorry, @Saapanael . Winner: Skid Row

Corrosion Of Conformity is like a B-list mix of Ride The Lightning and Garage Days Re-Revisited, but slower and with some other spices mixed in. It never strays too far from its inspirations, but it’s enjoyable enough for what it is. This Death album isn’t as good as The Sound Of Perseverance, and it’s a bit more grating in places, so I’ll go with @Shmoolikipod ’s choice here. Winner: Corrosion Of Conformity

Nuclear Assault’s singer sounds like the bastard child of Lemmy and Geddy Lee, or at least that’s how it struck me on the higher notes. The production stinks, and I’m not sure the band can actually keep time correctly at really fast tempos, but what they did do was bowl me over with a heaping helping of very solid thrash. “Hang The Pope” was the only dud in the mix. As much as I like Living Colour, Vivid has more filler than Game Over, and it shoves at least 75% less metal up my ass. Gotta go with @Magnus ‘s pick here. Winner: Nuclear Assault

I’m a big fan of Skyclad, especially from Prince Of The Poverty Line onward (I actually nominated The Answer Machine? for the GMAC, which may be up against Danzig in the next league), but I’d never gotten around to listening to Martin Walkyier’s earlier band Sabbat. While this is pretty raw, it’s also pretty strong thrash, and Walkyier’s lyrics continue to be a high point (though there are nowhere near as many puns as with Skyclad). I also like the softer elements that get mixed in occasionally. Meanwhile, Ape Rant offers up what feels like a lifetime’s worth of knuckle-dragging, drunken frat boy “I bet this will really annoy my parents” sonic diarrhea, with occasional moments that suck a bit less. I would be tempted to vote for 60 minutes of white noise rather than voting for Pantera, but in this case I can actually feel good about the Sabbat album I’m voting for. Good call again, @Magnus . Winner: Sabbat

(I actually nominated The Answer Machine? for the GMAC, which may be up against Danzig in the next league)
Yeah, I think it's the only Skyclad album nominated. I suspect it'll take out Danzig, for sure. After that who knows, depends on how you feel about late 80s/90s Sabbath, I guess.

Andy Sneap, in my eyes, is one of heavy metal's unsung heroes. He did that first Sabbat album when was seventeen years old. I'm very happy to see Dreamweaver in this game, that album is a fantastic little prog/thrash experience.
I don’t know about that, Sneap is possibly the most influential Metal producer ever. Not only is his production sound iconic, but his forum has also long been a haven for budding producers learning the trade. In a way he’s almost too influential.

Ape Rant offers up what feels like a lifetime’s worth of knuckle-dragging, drunken frat boy “I bet this will really annoy my parents” sonic diarrhea, with occasional moments that suck a bit less. I would be tempted to vote for 60 minutes of white noise rather than voting for Pantera.
:lol:

I can't stand System of a Down, so I'm voting for Skid Row's self-titled album over 'Mesmerize'. I would vote for most albums against any System of a Down album. This particular Skid Row song isn't anything special, but at least it's not System of a Down.

This Corrosion of Conformity song is shit. Why can't he just record his vocals properly? The Death song is bearable despite the unpleasant vocals. The album artwork is very cool too, even with the Metal cliche of a throne. I'm happy to vote for 'Scream Bloody Gore' to progress but I don't think I'd like to listen to the full album and this is definitely not as good as 'The Sound of Perseverance'.

I'm not very impressed by this Nuclear Assault song. It has some decent riffs and the guitar solo sounds pretty cool but the vocals are really inconsistent. The verses have decent Thrash vocals but the chorus sounds like shit. The Living Color song is pretty cool but I can't continue voting for it as it's definitely not Metal. I know that Black Lives Matter and all that but we're voting for the Greatest Metal Album here, so it's 'Game Over' for 'Vivid'.

Sabbat are pretty terrible and I'd rather not listen to any more of 'Dreamweaver'. I'll vote for 'Far Beyond Driven' again without much enthusiasm, despite Pantera being a fascist band. :p

Back