Coronavirus

Sorry for being this blunt, but I do think masks are very very uncomfortable to use, and a big nuisance, and I don't like other people telling me that's not the case. People should of course wear them if it's obligatory, or if they want to. If they're made obligatory here, I will wear them too, but it's likely I'll limit my comings and goings so I can minimise mask use to some extent at least.
Also I really don't need the extra insulation this weather ...
A woman without a mouthmask kicked several customers in a store in Belgium.
She was politely asked to wear a mouthmask which is obligatory, she refused and became aggressive towards staff and other customers.
:angry-:
Bad. Inexcusable. Just - regardless. Sounds like she was spoiling for a fight anyway and this finally provided her "opportunity". I used to work in a convenience store for a while so I have unfortunately met a few of her type :(

Sorry for being this blunt, but I do think masks are very very uncomfortable to use, and a big nuisance, and I don't like other people telling me that's not the case.
Not trying to say they aren't uncomfortable. They certainly can be. "Big" nuisance I will challenge, though. Nuisance, sure.

Bad. Inexcusable. Just - regardless. Sounds like she was spoiling for a fight anyway and this finally provided her "opportunity". I used to work in a convenience store for a while so I have unfortunately met a few of her type :(
Stories like this are filtering out fairly regularly here, and hourly from our southern neighbours.

Stories like this are filtering out fairly regularly here, and hourly from our southern neighbours.

also from the opposite angle as well, people starting rows with others because they aren't wearing masks. Sadly, there's pricks everywhere and on all sides of every argument. It's why we can't have nice things.

Masks were a bummer the first few weeks but now I barely notice that I have it on.

Just remember that wearing a mask does not cancel the "wash hands before going out and when returning home" and "don't touch your face" advice!
Right. The mask and washing your hands on the way out the door are to protect others. Not touching your face and washing your hands on the way in the door are to protect yourself.

Today a customer didn't want to take a shopping cart before entering the store where I work which is obligatory.
He react very rude, took a cart and while entering the shop he took of his mouthmask!
Another customer told him to put it back on while the man pushed his cart towards the cart of the complaining customer.
The man who took of his mouthmask left the shop and didn't come back.
Too bad I was in another hall when this happened though.

The first Formula One driver has tested positive - Sergio Perez - and he's not in isolation and will not take part in the British Grand Prix this weekend. I'm not sure how he managed to get infected since Formula One has been operating bubbles which can't interact with other bubbles. Perhaps he's been a naughty boy and has been leaving his bubble. :nonono:

Hopefully his eyesight will be OK thought. I guess he could drive up to Barnard Castle over the weekend to check everything is OK.

In Poland after elections and Prime Minister saying that "Covid is not dangerous anymore and we're winning this war" we have the highest rise of new cases since the beginning of the pandemic. Probably restrictions will be back. In September they want to open schools for kids but if even one of them will be sick - school will be closed, etc. I don't know who thought that this will be a good idea.

The same people who thought it would be a good idea in every other country that is planning to restart schools in September regardless of there still being a lot of cases.

We're restarting schools in Sept, at least tentatively. But Ontario (pop 15 million) had 86 cases yesterday, so...

It's not looking so good here now with the number of cases. What might have initially been explained as the uptake of tests increasing, and many of the daily deaths relating to people who took ill weeks or months ago, now looks like a sustained infection rate, if not an increasing one. Several local authorities in the North West/West Yorkshire have just had some restrictions reimposed, and plans to loosen restrictions nationally have been stymied. Masks have also become compulsory in more settings.

I still think there needs to be stronger and clearer messages reinforcing what the actual regulations are. As well as people choosing to be blase and ignore them, too many people simply don't fully know or understand them.

'One metre plus' doesn't mean 'stay more than a metre apart', for example. It means 'if you're in a situation where it's absolutely impossible to stay 2m apart, wear a mask/use a screen/only stay for a very short period of time, and/or take other mitigating measures.' Hardly anyone gets that going to the pub means you're only supposed to sit next to people from one other household, it doesn't mean you can sit in a big group of mates as long as your table is more than 1 metre from the next one along.

Back