Nicko McBrain

Anyway it has been an interesting interview. At least it hasn't been the same questions as always (except the where eagles dare one) and he has been open to answer whatever.

I really appreciate him these kind interviews because at least he's the only one from the band he is talking in these difficult times we're living and I think he really enjoys talking about his career and all the drums stuff.

I do appreciate him taking the time to do these things. With the exception of Nicko and, to a certain extent, Adrian, it is as if the rest of the band members do not give a shit.

Last edited:
With the exception of Nicko and, to a certain extent, Adrian, it is as if the rest of the band members do not give a shit.
Unless there's an album or tour upcoming or something else Maiden-related for them to talk about there is absolutely no requirement for any of them to do anything. Their time is their own. Failing to jump up and down while screaming "look at me!" does not constitute dereliction of duty :p

Unless there's an album or tour upcoming or something else Maiden-related for them to talk about there is absolutely no requirement for any of them to do anything. Their time is their own. Failing to jump up and down while screaming "look at me!" does not constitute dereliction of duty :p

Fair enough. They are a business and they sell many things to their customers, from tacky T-shirts to many different beers (and sometimes even music!!!).

Nevertheless, they have heavily promoted themselves over the years as a band of the people, closer to their fans than any other band (even Bruce has embraced this attitude recently :p) and, to be brutally honest, I would have expected more from them during the worst pandemic in over a century that has forced them to cancel a whole tour than deafening silence.

Here the interview (I'm watching it now but the length is about 3h) 2h 15 min with Nicko the rest is a discuss between Priester and the other drummer Gilson Napolini commenting the interview. I didn't understand the portuguese so I quitted.
the Where eagles dare question is there at 30 min approx
The 2nd hour is more interesting. He is asked about why they dropped Loneliness of the Long distance runner from somewhere on tour after the first gig. He just said that they thought it didn't work on stage like Alexander the Great (he says that they played 3 or 4 times on the tour) they dropped because the tempo and the guitars didn't synchronize well on stage. Maybe they rehearsed it on stage but didn't work. They didn't rehearsed too much in my opinion. I think the set list on that tour had a lot of long songs and include one more it wasn't a good idea.
Interesting that when Bruce decided to leave in 1993 they didn't share the same dressing room.
Anybody asked him about the new album. I think Rod could control Nicko's laptop remote and could push the 'failed internet connection' button

Great interview.

He also said that ''When Two Worlds Collide'' is one of his favorite songs! That's awesome. Fantastic song.

Also, he don't like the Raising Hell concert (or rather the performance on it). And he knew Simon Drake (the magician) since the 70's.

He recently listened to TBOS (the title track) in his car and said that it's a great song..... he also listened to TXF album.

He also said that he plays RTTH, TNOTB and HBTN (not sure about it) different to the Clive's style. Of course, every drummer puts its own style/mark on the songs.

Wtf... The performances on Raising Hell are great, especially Bruce! Simon Drake isn‘t that great, alright. Whatever, Nicko talks a lot.

I think in the interview Nicko says that he'd like to play a set with all those unplayed and obscure songs.
Another Nicko's comment was about his retirement and that once one of the guys decide to retire. Won't be a replacement. (As Zeppelin)

they have heavily promoted themselves over the years as a band of the people, closer to their fans than any other band (even Bruce has embraced this attitude recently :p) and, to be brutally honest, I would have expected more from them during the worst pandemic in over a century that has forced them to cancel a whole tour than deafening silence.
Yes I got that (you've mentioned it a few times ...) But it still boils down to you feeling that Maiden have failed to deliver on something you believe you had a right to expect, and those expectations were based on nothing but your own conjecture. Which is not that different from complaining that they never play Alexander the Great.

What show was it by the way? I don't recall seeing any Maiden-members in some reality-tv at all (yet).
Parneviks - About the life of famous ex. golfer Jesper Parnevik and his family in Florida. Nicko is obviously friends with the guy. Apart from the gig they also rode in a MC caravan. Don't know if Nicko was present earlier in the episode as well, I just came across it while browsing the channels.

Back