Official 2020 Tour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This coming from the NZ prime minister so dont expect Maiden to be in NZ any time soon unless they want to arrive 2 weeks early for isolation first "border restrictions would likely persist until a vaccine for the novel coronavirus, believed to be one year to eighteen months away at the earliest"

Nobody thought he was interesting and he was more the shy nerdy type who won't shut up when you ask him a question.
Replace "he" with "she", and you get a very good description of me. ;) I don't really stalk celebrities that much, though. :D
Me as well, I'm afraid. It's like "oh great, an excuse to talk! I don't get that very often!". But I also don't stalk celebrities so I suppose that counts as a redeeming feature ...

It was thanks to this that I was stuck with a bunch of proto-MAGA people before the gig in Boston in 2012. They gave me a beer, though, and they were genuinely nice people. Even the Asian-looking guy wearing the shirt saying "BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA MUSLIM".

I’m glad you got an authentic USA amphitheater concert experience.

At this stage im just more curious how the band will proceed they wont play a show this year the entire tour will go into 2021.
As the band always plan at least 12 months ahead that pushes there North/South American tour into 2022 now.

So it will be interesting if they proceed with an entire next year dedicated to Legacy and delay an album another year which is possible, or count there losses release an album this year and all the Legacy dates become new album tour dates.

Another thing they could do is release an album even if they are proceeding with Legacy and sneak in a new track or 2, I cant see it being the exact same set now if they are forced into 2021 anyway,

As the band always plan at least 12 months ahead that pushes there North/South American tour into 2022 now.
What N/S American tour do you mean? Are you assuming that LOTB would continue after the European dates? Personally, I really don't think that was the intention. This leg will be the last, if and when it goes ahead. I just couldn't see them doing 4 years of the one tour.

What N/S American tour do you mean? Are you assuming that LOTB would continue after the European dates? Personally, I really don't think that was the intention. This leg will be the last, if and when it goes ahead. I just couldn't see them doing 4 years of the one tour.

No I meant we all know how Maiden tour these days next year was almost certain to be North / South America and if we presume that was to kick off a new album tour that part of the world wont be seeing dates till 2022 now

So if Maiden do an entire Legacy tour next year the question is release album this year or delay it till the end of 2021

I could see a spring arena run of North America / South America with the Euro festivals sprinkled in in the summer. 2022 could be Ed Force One.

It's probably why they are waiting the last possible minute to can the European tour even if they got in half the dates and had to cancel some along the way that would still class as a legacy Europe run and free up there 2021 plans

There just too many festivals in June where Maiden don't have final say. Filling those gaps is impossible now and continuing the tour with them would be a financial catastrophe.
Anyway why would they continue the tour in '21 with the same "LOTB" name and just kick in new songs? They did exact the opposite decade ago and nobody minded - 26 date of NA date on so-called TFF where they played just one song from the album. To me, that seemed even riskier than this opposite scenario.

To me this band is boring as f**k now. I think they should be disbanded. Today there's a plenty of bands which are a way better. Iron Maiden will never be (and has been) so important to rock and metal as Black Sabbath, Metallica or the other REAL giants. Childish, unprofessional, making all the same shit since 40+ years. I'm so surprissed they are doing good - but their days are done. People are definietly NOT into them, and Dickinson is the cynical individual saying something against Metallica, GNR or Ozzy. He will never be on the same level, he know about this and he seemes to be just jealous asshole. This band is over to me, waste of time. Bye!

To me this band is boring as f**k now. I think they should be disbanded. Today there's a plenty of bands which are a way better. Iron Maiden will never be (and has been) so important to rock and metal as Black Sabbath, Metallica or the other REAL giants. Childish, unprofessional, making all the same shit since 40+ years. I'm so surprissed they are doing good - but their days are done. People are definietly NOT into them, and Dickinson is the cynical individual saying something against Metallica, GNR or Ozzy. He will never be on the same level, he know about this and he seemes to be just jealous asshole. This band is over to me, waste of time. Bye!

What are you even doing here then?

It's probably why they are waiting the last possible minute to can the European tour even if they got in half the dates and had to cancel some along the way that would still class as a legacy Europe run and free up there 2021 plans

They're waiting for authorities to ban events because otherwise the insurance wouldn't pay them out. Same reason many festivals haven't been cancelled yet.

Don't feed the troll.
Legit question, though — the guy’s had an account here for almost 2 years, well after The Book Of Souls was released, and was theoretically looking forward to the tour based on past posts — but he only now decides the band is played out and not worth his time...? I’m also curious to understand the psychology here.

Legit question, though — the guy’s had an account here for almost 2 years, well after The Book Of Souls was released, and was theoretically looking forward to the tour based on past posts — but he only now decides the band is played out and not worth his time...? I’m also curious to understand the psychology here.
He’s constantly been talking about how Maiden has had poor ticket sales DESPITE proof that that’s bullshit. I think he’s an angry person who, when he sees how much success the band is still having despite being “washed up”, decides that he’s right and the millions who still go see Maiden live are wrong. Hence the ragequit.

Coronavirus measures are tough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back