LEGACY OF THE BEAST 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone needs to tell that boy to stand still and concentrate. Doesn't he realise his carefree levity is jeopardising the deadly serious image Maiden have spent the last 43 years carefully cultivating? Enough of the frivolity already!
:mad:
:ninja: ...

GracefulFlusteredDogwoodtwigborer-size_restricted.gif

According to Wikipedia, the box office score data of the SA shows:

Mexico - 64,057/64,266 (from 3 concerts)
Rock In Rio - 100,000/100,000
Sao Paulo - 56,247/56,247
Porto Alegre - 35,809/35,809
Argentina - 35,600/35,600
Chile (Estadio Nacional) - 80,187/80,187 (it seems Nicko was not so far away - he said 90,000)

+ Chile (arena show) - 15,000/17,000

386,900 in total.

Yeah. No act had more than 63000 people on Estadio Nacional in last 10 years, with the exception of U2, but that was the 360 tour with the stage in the middle.

Why didn't they play two shows at the stadium? I am sure they could have sold at least 40k for the extra gig.

I have to say this makes me feel pretty good. It's always bothered me that Bruce and Steve really don't get along. Bothers me more than it should lol
The Bruce and Steve thing is a myth in my opinion, people have made more of it than they should, it all stems from Bruce leaving in 93 and even then Steve didn't lay into him, if anything Nicko was the most vocal about his departure back then

I have to say this makes me feel pretty good. It's always bothered me that Bruce and Steve really don't get along. Bothers me more than it should lol

Both of them have stated that over the years, with older age and all, they've come to understand and respect each other better and better and they've said some very kind words about each other, so yeah, all good. :)

It's always bothered me that Bruce and Steve really don't get along.
Interview with the whole band from 2015 circa the release of TBOS.

Two key statements for you:

"It doesn’t take something like that [Bruce's cancer] for us to be close. Our relationship has been great for years." - Steve
"Well, you hear all that stuff about them [Steve and Bruce] fighting, but it can’t be like that all the time or we wouldn’t be here now." - Davey

Nicko was the most vocal about his departure back then
The Nicko who put in that eccentric performance was

a) Drunk as a skunk, and
b) Very upset, because he didn't want Bruce to leave.

Furthermore the journalist who reported it had apparently got him drunk on purpose, in the hope of eliciting just such an outburst. Job done then.

Bruce, however, understood perfectly well what had happened and never held anything against Nicko for the incident.

It is groundless to think that Bruce bears a grudge against the other band members.

He just likes to see if they can hold their breath long enough.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back