2015 Remasters on CD

Going by the vinyl releases it’ll be live after death, rock in rio, death on the road, en vivo, and flight 666.

Going by the vinyl releases it’ll be live after death, rock in rio, death on the road, en vivo, and flight 666.

Going by the feelings that I got when first read of this, I would have picked the very same set as you here.
They're definitely saving the vault-releases and other unreleased live-stuff to the future, hope that happens.

I’m just picking what they already released as part of the vinyl remasters. I have both sets and those are the live albums included.

I’m just picking what they already released as part of the vinyl remasters. I have both sets and those are the live albums included.

I have aswell all the releases..nice to have them on pristine vinyl-pressings. Too bad Maiden England '88 was only available as picture-vinyl (sure it wasn't part of that series but it's only been released as such), but I suppose it sounds pretty good for pic-vinyl. Now need only to have some 90's live-albums on vinyl..please give me reissues of those as won't be spending that much money.

I've heard the rumours of the live albums batch on here before, but I can't see it mentioned on the official site, are the recent comments in this thread just rehashing what was said in the FC mag or has there been more confirmation?

I've heard the rumours of the live albums batch on here before, but I can't see it mentioned on the official site, are the recent comments in this thread just rehashing what was said in the FC mag or has there been more confirmation?
They were already remastered for vinyl so it makes sense.

Nope, there hasn't been any other official word other than what the FC mag said. It's all just talk and speculation here and elsewhere on the internet.

Just ordered the DOD remaster and the AMOLAD deluxe remaster to see if there will be a meaningful difference. Might consider others afterward if these work well.

The rest of my pre-Blaze collection is from the early 90s Castle Records 2-disc reissues, which I believe are the same audio as the originals, and not the much-maligned 1998 reissues, so I don’t know that I’d gain much from the remasters on those, but you never know.

Going by the feelings that I got when first read of this, I would have picked the very same set as you here.
They're definitely saving the vault-releases and other unreleased live-stuff to the future, hope that happens.

Do we know which tours are confirmed to have been recorded for those live albums that have never materialized? The only one I know of for sure is Donington '07, and I thought they did an Early Days live album as well. Any others that are definites?

On first listen the remaster of Dance Of Death is a definite improvement over the original. The muddiness in “Montségur” and “Paschendale” is mostly cleaned up, and the overall sound isn’t as compressed. I can actually hear the synths and orchestration in “Paschendale” pretty clearly now.

The figure and patch that came with the AMOLAD deluxe edition are pretty lame, probably not worth the extra money. I haven’t had a chance to listen to the AMOLAD remaster yet, but that’s next up.

Speaking of remasters, I really hope they do a remaster/re-release of the live albums that haven't had the vinyl treatment yet. Namely Maiden Japan (maybe make the whole concert available instead of just an EP) A Real Live/Dead One, and Live at Donington. I'd love to own an original Live at Donington vinyl, but them shits is expensive yo!

On first listen the AMOLAD remaster mostly benefits “Brighter Than A Thousand Suns”, where the verse section with synths is more clear and not as overly loud as on the original. “The Longest Day” also got a level bump so it’s at the same volume as the other tracks. Not noticing any other obvious differences.

The AMOLAD remaster also fixes the level disparity on “Lord Of Light”. Nice.

So, for anyone who has the Final Frontier remaster, did they put a little reverb on those bone dry vocals, or do they sound pretty much the same...?

Anyone know the craic with this?

The fan club magazine said a selection of the live albums are getting a physical release of the 2015 masters. So presumably that's what that is.

What I'm curious about is it being a walmart exclusive, and the date being December 31st I presume is only a place holder date, as I can't imagine it being available for pre-order this far in advance.

Back