2015 Remasters on CD

It seems to be 2002-pressing of that usual 1998-mastering:
Limited edition features vinyl replica packaging of original gatefold double LP artwork. The enhanced CD comes with CD picture innersleeve, booklet, special tour booklet replica, promotional Rock in Rio advertisement and special Eddie coin sticker. Collecting and mailing six Eddie' stickers with $ 6.66 you got a special CD edition of the legendary 7" replica of "The SoundHouse Tapes".

US release only I think, they changed label in the states so the new label obviously wanted to cash in on the back catalogue.

I have the Soundhouse Tapes from it, I believe Live After Death and Somewhere in Time from those vinyl replicas were hard to come by.

And that The Soundhouse Tapes cd is/was very expensive

I bought both the CD and the 7 inch in around 2003/2004, and I paid roughly the same amount for each, I think it was £200 for the 7 inch and around $200 for the CD. Since then the seven inch has increased to 3 times the price I paid but the CD has stayed at the around the same value.

How about Rock in Rio. Is the CD an improvement over the original?

It's much of a muchness, but it does have a bit more of Bruce's speech before blood brothers than what is on the original.

Whether that's a good thing or not might be a different story :lol: It's major cringe when he starts going on about britney spears, lame fucks and muthafuckas.

It's much of a muchness, but it does have a bit more of Bruce's speech before blood brothers than what is on the original.

Whether that's a good thing or not might be a different story :lol: It's major cringe when he starts going on about britney spears, lame fucks and muthafuckas.
Ah yes I remember that rant! Erghhh

I bought both the CD and the 7 inch in around 2003/2004, and I paid roughly the same amount for each, I think it was £200 for the 7 inch and around $200 for the CD. Since then the seven inch has increased to 3 times the price I paid but the CD has stayed at the around the same value.

That's a pricey one even for cd but it was very limited edition, my friend who really knows these things and has large collection of different pressings, has done some extensive work on masterings, he said that particular cd sounds horrible.
I think the original 7" will surely hold it's worth, but unfornately the tracks from Soundhouse Tapes released on Beast Of The Beast (I have 4lp and 2cd) or on this particular cd (from 2002) don't sound too good (they could and should have been able to come up with better quality), there's problems in both but I won't go too deep to details as this is not hifi-forums. It's not good mastering and when I did comparison the remastered tracks on BOTB or cd don't sound good and clear at all. I don't yet have original 7" but I have vinyl-rip (so called needledrop) of the original from this friend and that is the best sounding next to the original and you can't get closer to original than that, unless you have the original 7" of course. The sound on that is totally different, more clear and bass is sounding better than any later release.
Hopefully one day I will get some nice Soundhouse Tapes-7" original-pressing to my collection. Hope so.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jer
As Im currently waiting 2015 editions of LAD and RIR here..could you do me little favor?
If you can and could, would it be possible for any of you to check whether Spotify (or your some other preferred service) has LAD and RIR with 2015 remastering available. For what I've seen here only Apple Music and Tidal have 2015 editions available for streaming while Spotify and Deezer have the older masterings (LAD 1998 and RIR 2002) which is weird because they have other 2015 editions available.
As they were previously released as digital-downloads and vinyl, now with the fresh cd-editions I would have hoped them to be uploaded and updated the previous masterings which are still in Spotify.
Could it be that Apple Music or Tidal has some sort of exclusive deal or something going, or are these 2 albums blocked here in Finland?
I need people that are from USA, different EU-countries etc so we can see if these are available at all. Let me know if you can help. Thanks.

Spotify is the original master of RIR, and LAD is 1998.

I know the original 2015 masterings where dubbed "mastered for itunes" but you'ld imagine if it was an exclusive deal then that none of the other albums on spotify would be 2015 masters either. My guess would be that maybe the 2015 releases where added when the physical cds were released and therefore LAD and RIR have only just been released so it might be some time before they appear on spotify.

Spotify is the original master of RIR, and LAD is 1998.

You're from Ireland and the albums are same as here in Finland. Thanks for the reply.
This ain't no big deal for me anyways, as I have both in many different editions/pressings in my collection. Just interested in how these services go.
Tidal has all the usual Iron Maiden albums (minus Donington 1992) and most of them in master-quality (hi-res), Qobuz (what I was told by friend) has both of these albums in hires 24bit/96kHz . Spotify, Deezer (which now has lossless) and Apple Music I think have all the same albums.

EDIT (will update this as I have received some replies elsewhere on the matter):
Currently Spotify , Deezer and Google Play Music have older masterings for these 2 albums in following countries: UK, Ireland, Finland
Apple Music has the correct 2015 editions and Qobuz + Tidal offer them in hi-res 24bit/96kHz.

Last edited:
I think they should somehow add all the singles, b-sides and ep:s and all other sort of special stuff to streaming-services.
Would be awesome to listen to the stuff like "Listen With Nicko" or all the live b-sides from singles. Just because you could do that, it would be awesome.
There's too many things that aren't available on legal streaming-services (not only Iron Maiden), luckily if you have your own physical or digital collection or someone has uploaded it to youtube you can still listen to it. Maybe they could do more complete discography for services someday.
As I can listen to own copies and transfer them to computer, but Im not too keen on thinking that process yet.

Google Play Music also has the 2015 versions of the studio albums available. LAD and RIR are '98 and original still, but they'll probably update them too at some point.

Google Play Music also has the 2015 versions of the studio albums available. :) LAD and RIR are '98 and original still, but they'll probably update them too at some point.

Thanks for the reply. It seems that each service has the same albums available. And yep, they must be updating them at some point to all the services.

Definitely not the finest hour of our favourite D’Artagnan wannabe! :lol:

Nope. This rant is for some edgy punk rock in a squat not for a 250k festival.

Back