Official 2020 Tour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually highly doubt they are gonna do a down under leg next year makes zero sense to used ed force one just for that its most likely going to be just Europe like the third leg of the maiden england tour.
They've done Europe, said they are going to new places. The fact they are only doing 2 UK shows in 2020 that europe probably be minimum, got the download gig and do a couple of other shows and then finish the tour in Asia and down under. Guess we will see. And why does it not make sense? Its a pretty big tour sure they want fans to see what is said to be their greatest show.

They've done Europe, said they are going to new places. The fact they are only doing 2 UK shows in 2020 that europe probably be minimum, got the download gig and do a couple of other shows and then finish the tour in Asia and down under. Guess we will see. And why does it not make sense? Its a pretty big tour sure they want fans to see what is said to be their greatest show.

Because they have never come to nz, aus , japan without ed force one since the "reunion" and I do actually doubt they would charter planes just to do a less than profitable tour way down the bottom of the world. If you remember how Maiden England was Leg 1 was North America, Leg 2 Europe, South America and North America again and Leg 3 Europe again . They also said Similar on the last leg of Maiden England and ended up playing European countries they missed on the first run so dont read alot into it.

Because they have never come to nz, aus , japan without ed force one since the "reunion" and I do actually doubt they would charter planes just to do a less than profitable tour way down the bottom of the world. If you remember how Maiden England was Leg 1 was North America, Leg 2 Europe, South America and North America again and Leg 3 Europe again . They also said Similar on the last leg of Maiden England and ended up playing European countries they missed on the first run so dont read alot into it.
Why can't Ed force one be used?

So many assumptions in this thread.

1. We don't know they have an album in the can. We know that Kevin Shirley was in Paris for an untitled project that was rumoured to be Iron Maiden. It could have been dubs on a live album, for all we know.
2. Even if Iron Maiden has recorded an album, it might not be ready to go. We all know Steve needs to go over it with a fine toothed comb to ensure it meets his standards. When has he had that time?
3. We don't know that these are the only UK shows in 2020.

Here's what we do know:
1. Iron Maiden is headlining Download Festival and Belsonic next year.
2. All marketing indicates it will be a continuation of LotB.
3. Bruce has said they will do "a few extra things" or something similar. That could mean anything from another WW1 fighter demonstration to a new song off a theoretical new album.
4. No other dates, countries, or methods of band transportation have been announced.

Please keep the fan fiction to a minimum.

I'm happy with LOTB part 3 tour. That means that there is small chance that they will play in Slovenia again. They didn't play here since 2007.

From the press release:

Other than that I agree.

They've said that many's a time before, usually as it's part of the contract for playing a big festival. And then after the festival is played they announce that due to the huge success of such a tour they will be playing special UK shows.

They definitely did that in 2013 for the Maiden England tour. There were two dates at The O2 in August - I went to the first of them and was sitting in the back row of the top tier (it was also my first ever trip to London). Apparently Bruce Forsyth was also at the show!

In the run up to Download Festival of that year there was a forum member who kept telling us that he'd been told my a friend that Maiden would be playing at The O2 but nobody believed him. :lol:

Since they're also playing in Belfast on Monday 15th June I suspect these really will be the only UK shows of 2020, but they'll return with an arena tour in 2021

Is Download paying homage to the 90s next year with that lineup?

System of a Down
Deftones
Korn
Disturbed
The Offspring

Have any of these bands other than SOAD announced what days they'll be playing. I really hope they are all on the Sunday.

1. We don't know they have an album in the can. We know that Kevin Shirley was in Paris for an untitled project that was rumoured to be Iron Maiden. It could have been dubs on a live album, for all we know.

Highly unlikely they would spend 3 months in Paris doing overdubs on a live album. ;)

Here are the comments from a fan who met (stalked) the band while they were working in Paris (taken from the official Fan Club forum):

French fan said:
On the 2nd of May, in the afternoon, my wife met Janick Gers in a Pret à Manger Restaurant in La Defense.
The same evening, i went to Suresnes to wait outside Studio Guillaume Tell. After 30 minutes Kevin Shirley came out, and then Steve and Adrian. They were all kind enough to sign the CD I brought… but I didn’t dare to ask for a picture.
I went back the next day, and after just 2 minutes I saw Adrian Smith and we did a picture together.
I went back one last time on friday the 24th of may, and I found Rod Smallwood, Kevin Shirley, Steve Harris, and a fourth guy I didn’t know. Maybe Michael Kenney.
They were having a beer on the central square in Suresnes (there are several tables outside), just 30 meters from the studio. They must have been having a little celebration for the end of the album.
Steve looked very grumpy.
I approched the table, and I wished them good look for the tour and for the new album.
I asked if they were okay to do a picture but they said they didn’t want to.
So I said good luck again and I left.

2. Even if Iron Maiden has recorded an album, it might not be ready to go. We all know Steve needs to go over it with a fine toothed comb to ensure it meets his standards. When has he had that time?

That is true. They might still be working on the artwork, promotional campaign, etc., but

Here's something unpopular, and why I really don't care for the LOTB continuation. I don't think they sound that good. Well they sound good, but the play is meh. Nicko is OK he has toned down and plays more straight than he used to, with a punchier drum production this comes out as great metal grooves, but guitar chug is literally non-existent with tempos being barely up there with the studio releases. Everyone's talking about Bruce's performance like that's all that matters, I've failed to hear any meaningful palm muted excellence they're famous for, and looking at the bootlegs (cause I wasn't up front live), all 3 of them guitars are lazy right handed, strumming, leaving open chords and avoiding that rhythmic chug all around. Even Smith is now improvising bluesy parts over Wicker Man where used to be shred/sweep. Even his riffs on FOI are simpler, less tight, than how's been done 20 years ago.

Have any of these bands other than SOAD announced what days they'll be playing. I really hope they are all on the Sunday.
Not yet. Their websites and Facebooks have them down as Friday 12th but that's probably because it's not possible to be vague about the dates.

I hope Gojira are playing mainstage on the Saturday and I wouldn't mind seeing The Offspring either.

Highly unlikely they would spend 3 months in Paris doing overdubs on a live album. ;)

This hypothetical new "live" album must be an Unleashed in the East style album. The original live recordings that needed to be overdubbed must have been absolutely atrocious if they need the whole band, Nicko and all, to come in and do overdubs.

This hypothetical new "live" album must be an Unleashed in the East style album. The original live recordings that needed to be overdubbed must have been absolutely atrocious if they need the whole band, Nicko and all, to come in and do overdubs.
You know, one can come up with an even more depressing, lousier and more pointless idea: they could have been re-recording the first album for a 40th anniversary release. See? :D

Not yet. Their websites and Facebooks have them down as Friday 12th but that's probably because it's not possible to be vague about the dates.

I hope Gojira are playing mainstage on the Saturday and I wouldn't mind seeing The Offspring either.

I'm not a fan of the Offspring, but I've nothing really against them and they'd probably be good fun live. Korn and Deftones on the other hand are two of my all time hated bands, and sadly both are big enough to be second on the bill, so I can't see them playing on the same day. If I go, it will be only for the days Maiden and Kiss are playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back