Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

So in addition to being Friday the 13th, there's also a full moon tonight. That's not gonna happen again until 2049. Neat.

That's cool. I was just outside and saw the full moon but didn't know I was seeing it for the last time on a Friday the 13th in 30 years.

There's something really strange going on on my television.

Since I don't like country music, I'd better switch it off before I have a heart attack and die.

It's done. Two weeks of summer school and one week of conference. Three crazy weeks of long days of learning obscure stuff and meeting important people, shaking hands and talking more often than I could think of about who I am and what I do. And Atlantean Kodex in the middle of it all.

Spent 30 minutes at the pool at the Luxor.

Result: Entire upper body (except my face?) is sunburnt.

Oh, since you talk about unis...

Did I mention I changed my job in the meantime? Remember the uni I study theology at? Well, I've been their lawyer for the last two weeks. :cool:
It's an amazing job - much less stressful, more free time, I don't have to commute, bigger salary, very friendly colleagues... Finally I don't spend Sunday evenings wallowing in misery. :D

EDIT: Oh, also if you were worrying about a possible conflict of interest, it's cool, there's none. If any arose, that case would be managed by my lawyer colleague. :D

Last edited:
I just managed to burn some of my hair while cooking. It stinks.
Well done.

I've been reflecting on my metal journey over the past few months, having shared it with some people. And I really do think that my gravitation away from popular harder music in the 1990s (IE, nu-metal) is a catalyst for changing my outlook on the world. LC at 15 was a very angry, upset, and sad person. LC at 16 wasn't quite growing out of it. LC at 17 was wildly different, successful and far more interesting and dynamic. Much happier, and much more positive.

Back