Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
God only knows this forum's members can be the most unabashedly nerdy Iron Maiden fans sometimes. It's always immensely entertaining to read, so keep it up! :ok:

Now, I wrote "God" in that post so clearly that means I'm referring to the "Paved the way for Christianity" line from Alexander the Great, soooo... IT'S CONFIRMED GUYS IRON MAIDEN ARE GOING TO PLAY ALEXANDER THE GREAT ON THEIR NEXT TOUR WOOOOOOOOOO

There’s definitely possibility for balance. Brave New World doesn’t sound that raw but it also works even better live. That’s the benchmark for modern Maiden production wise imo.

I'll take POWERSLAVE. (Newer example would be Accident of Birth. Album sounds very fresh, modern and Maidenish!)

There’s definitely possibility for balance. Brave New World doesn’t sound that raw but it also works even better live. That’s the benchmark for modern Maiden production wise imo.
It's a shame that the first "modern" Iron Maiden album is the benchmark for production. Says a lot about the albums since.

It's a shame that the first "modern" Iron Maiden album is the benchmark for production. Says a lot about the albums since.

I think it says more about Steve's attitude towards production than the quality of any of those albums. All of the reunion albums have been pretty good to great (minus TFF, imo), but Steve became obsessed with everything sounding "live" and "raw" to the detriment of the listening experience.

DOD doesn't sound too great, but the other modern albums sound good in my opinion. Especially BNW and TFF.

DOD is horrible. The definition of brickwalled.

I can't even listen to the studio versions of DOD and Paschendale because the production is so bad.
Damn straight. I just go for Death on the Road every time... except for the DVD, because the editing makes my brain feel weird and sleepy :p

The funniest part about DOD is how you can hear the compression "woofing" on freakin' Journeyman of all things - and there are a couple spots where the acoustic guitar is audibly clipping.

^ Agree. The live versions of the DOD songs are superior. I can’t listen to the studio version of Journeyman at all. It’s mixed so poorly. Plus the live version has a nice little solo by Adrian. That little solo is something the studio version could of used.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back