Iron Maiden News, Links, and Interviews

Losfer Words was in the set until the North American tour (all NA tours in the 80s had shorter sets). Back in the Village would’ve been the 6th Powerslave song and the band typically plays 6 new songs.

Yeah but Rime is the length of 2 epics or 3 average songs so it wouldn't have been a typical tour.

I don't think the 6/album on tour really started until after this. Iron Maiden and Killers had more than 6, NoTB had 7 (including Total Eclipse), POM also had 7, Powerslave had 5, and Somewhere in Time only had 6 for one show.

I don't think the 6/album on tour really started until after this. Iron Maiden and Killers had more than 6, NoTB had 7 (including Total Eclipse), POM also had 7, Powerslave had 5, and Somewhere in Time only had 6 for one show.
You just kind of proved your own point wrong, though. The album tours before Powerslave actually had more than 6 each but Powerslave is only 8 songs long so it makes sense they'd play one song less. Dropping two would be odd considering the following tours both (initially, at least) followed the 6 out of 8 formula too.

The Red and the Black is the same length but that didn't stop them from doing six TBOS songs.

It's a different era now, they played all of AMOLAD for instance.

Either way, we can only speculate unfortunately as no cast iron evidence has ever emerged that Back in the Village was ever played.

You just kind of proved your own point wrong, though. The album tours before Powerslave actually had more than 6 each but Powerslave is only 8 songs long so it makes sense they'd play one song less. Dropping two would be odd considering the following tours both (initially, at least) followed the 6 out of 8 formula too.

The only point I was making was that 6 songs on an album tour was a later development. It really started with 7th Tour of a 7th Tour and not all that consistently thereafter. VXI, BNW*, DOD, and BOS* are the only ones with 6.

* BNW added other songs on select dates, while BOS had 6 songs on each leg, but there were 7 total songs due to a Clown/Unknown swap.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ro...-trujillo-to-launch-art-exhibition-in-london/
Summer's Art exhibition of Robert Trujillo's wife Chloe Trujillo will team up with the Central London Hotel to showcase her art.

A rock 'n' roll bash with an expected star-studded turnout will take place on the evening of June 19. The finished artwork will be auctioned for charity.

Nathalie Dufresne-Smith, one of the owners of the hotel and wife of IRON MAIDEN's Adrian Smith, comments: "Our hotel's ethos encompasses a great appreciation for the arts, including music and fashion. After viewing Chloe's art in her California studio, I felt hosting her exhibition and presenting live art in motion during the day would be the perfect marriage."

It's the first one for me, and my eyes are bleeding watching that The sheriff of Huddersfield is better than Dance of Death song

Back