Iron Maiden News, Links, and Interviews

Do you prefer touring to recording?

Harris:
"Definitely. But I enjoy doing the backing tracks. We don’t take that long in studio so it’s not too bad. Being in one of those bands that takes years would drive me mad."

Man, I want the old Steve back so bad!
Well, they still don't take that long in the studio. They book it for a bit, write the songs, rehearse them roughly and then record them. The gaps between the albums aren't because of how they are recorded but because they only go into the studio when they wanna record a new album.

Last edited:
The most surprising bits are when he says they've got a few good years left, maybe five, before retiring, and he says he wouldn't like to produce.
The guys were all getting older and Steve in particular becoming a father probably heavily affected his perspective. Plus it was the 80s. It was still the norm for bands to have a shelf life that didn't exactly span decades.

Last edited:
New Yellow Vinyl edition out now for Somewhere in Time. Anyone else get that memo? It's a Walmart exclusive. I ordered mine already, and you should too.

....because after all...that's the album where Juanita was recorded...

Edit: I'm noticing this news is not on their website, but I found it on Facebook. I'm at work so i can't post a link because I'm at work, so i can't post a link.

The most surprising bits are when he says they've got a few good years left, maybe five, before retiring, and he says he wouldn't like to produce.
Funny.

I remember back in 2006 or so there was talk that Maiden maybe had one more album and five years or so left.

Turns out it traces back to 1986.

There are also interviews around the BNW era where Bruce says he only sees Maiden tours as something that happens occasionally. I think a lot of it is just that they didn't expect there to be much sustained demand for Maiden tours. In the USA it took them quite a few years to get where they are now and there was no clear indication that they would actually be able to play bigger venues again. I think 2008 was a real turning point for them as it proved they actually could still pull off giant tours around the world. Ever since then you also notice that they pretty much stop hinting toward retiring soon or scaling back on touring.

There are also interviews around the BNW era where Bruce says he only sees Maiden tours as something that happens occasionally. I think a lot of it is just that they didn't expect there to be much sustained demand for Maiden tours. In the USA it took them quite a few years to get where they are now and there was no clear indication that they would actually be able to play bigger venues again. I think 2008 was a real turning point for them as it proved they actually could still pull off giant tours around the world. Ever since then you also notice that they pretty much stop hinting toward retiring soon or scaling back on touring.
Yea, this is my thoughts as well. They expected to make a bit of a comeback, but not as huge as they did. Nor did they likely expect that comeback to be sustained over 20+ years, but here we are. They also love what they're doing and likely those 20 years snuck up on them a lot faster than they thought. I know they did for me. I was 20 when BNW came out, and now i'm 44, my son is 22, and he's married already. So in the time of their rebirth, i've gotten old and beautiful and my child has grown up, all in the blink of an eye. So yea, they're just riding the good-vibe-tide until they can't do their music justice anymore.

Lol, this is so blatant.

I saw he used the same Mummy Eddie on his cover artwork. He should be ashamed of that. It's plagiarism. And a total lack of respect due to Iron Maiden, the greatest heavy metal band in the world, to Eddie himself, the best rock mascot on Earth and to Derek Riggs, the best illustrator of the 80's.

Last edited:
Back