Metallica

Nah, as long as you have at least two of the mid 80s trilogy (Ride, Puppets & Justice) in your top 3 and if not all three, the other must be Black Album and absolutely not any album after that. If that, you'll come off fine to most Metallica fans.

Anyways, turning ten pages back...

And Justice for All > Ride the Lightning > Master > Reload (I just wish they threw out Slither) > > Death Magnetic > Kill 'Em All > Load > Hardwired (would have been higher were it a single album with 2/3rds of the songs) > The Black Album

That should get the blood boiling.

Controversial ranking!

This thread is going off topic again:D. Anyway, it's rare to see Black Album that low. Other than that it's not a terrible ranking, I like Reload being so high.

Have you heard recent renditions of
Sign of the Cross
lately? ;)
Yes. Twice in London. Both great, although Janick's playing (1/6 of the band) could have been better.
See, this is funny. I saw Iron Maiden do that song too and I'll say that it basically proved to me that despite everything, they still put on a completely unmatched show when they're on their A game. Fucking hell. I had absolutely no problems with Janick either because who gives a fuck about a mediocre 10-second solo in a song? If I did, I'd have to rake Dave over the coals while I was at it.

And occasionally Adrian too :innocent:.

And to bring it back around to the topic at hand, Kirk too because good God Kirk, what've you been doing the last couple of years? I'm glad he's apparently stopped drinking but he really needs to rethink his playing. His guitars tend to be heinously out of tune on all the live videos they release and his lead playing is not much better.

Ride The Lightning
Master Of Puppets
Death Magnetic
...And Justice For All
Kill Em All
St. Anger
Hardwired...To Self Destruct
Beyond Magnetic
Load
Reload
Black Album

I might as well post mine, although I know what the reactions will be.

1. Death Magnetic
2. Black Album
3. Reload
4. AJFA
5. Ride the Lightning
6. Hardwired
7. Load
8. St. Anger
9. Master of Puppets
10. Kill 'Em All
11. Beyond Magnetic
12. Garage inc.
massive gap
13. Lulu

1. Metallica
  2. Death Magnetic
  3. ...And Justice for All
  4. Master of Puppets
  5. Ride the Lightning
  6. Kill 'Em All
  7. Hardwired... to Self-Destruct
  8. St. Anger
  9. Load/Reload

1. Master Of Puppets
  2. Metallica
  3. Hardwired... To Self-Destruct
  4. Ride The Lightning
    Lulu
  5. Load
    Beyond Magnetic
  6. ...And Justice For All
  7. Reload
  8. Kill 'Em All
  9. Death Magnetic
  10. St. Anger

The Black Album is undoubtedly classic Metallica and better than every other classic Metallica release that doesn't start with an "M" and end in "aster of Puppets".

The Black Album is undoubtedly classic Metallica and better than every other classic Metallica release that doesn't start with an "M" and end in "aster of Puppets".
And I’m sure that “most people” would agree with you, whomever they are.

Back