Metallica

All I can say is that I don’t set out to like the popular album and I don’t set out to like the hated album. I just want to find good music, and sometimes that comes from the popular record and sometimes from the hated record.

I don’t go into Lulu thinking, “I’ll show these fans a thing or two, watch this shit!” I can’t help what I like and I do my best to explain why I do, but often that’s hard to do, particularly with that album. At the end of the day, it’s merely my opinion, which is usually all over the place anyway. So yknow.

I don’t go into Lulu thinking, “I’ll show these fans a thing or two, watch this shit!” I can’t help what I like and I do my best to explain why I do, but often that’s hard to do, particularly with that album. At the end of the day, it’s merely my opinion, which is usually all over the place anyway. So yknow.
The thing is, I joke about things and all, but most of the time, when I don't like something, I can see its... appeal. I can see the charm in it and understand why people would like it. For example, I don't like Load, Reload and St. Anger, but knowing the rest of Metallica's discography and talking to people who like these albums I can see why one would hold them in high regard, or at least enjoy them more than I do.

With Lulu, well... this doesn't happen. I can't picture a scenario where anyone would genuinely like it. You don't need to explain your opinion, firstly because it's an opinion after all, but secondly because I would never be able to understand it anyways.

Whatever your mindset is it isn't appropriate for metal reviews. Putting Lulu over AJFA, if I didn't know what was happening here I'd say someones bad troll attempt.

Whatever your mindset is it isn't appropriate for metal reviews. Putting Lulu over AJFA, if I didn't know what was happening here I'd say someones bad troll attempt.
I put St. Anger over Master of Puppets and I really don't think that there's anything wrong with our mindsets.

I hope they'll debut the remaining songs from Hardwired this year. Here Comes Revenge would be really cool to hear in July.

I'd rather be a fan of a band who play most of, if not all, their latest album while the Iron is hot, not bust out filler tracks played sloppily years later.

I hope they'll debut the remaining songs from Hardwired this year. Here Comes Revenge would be really cool to hear in July.
I wouldn't count on it. I think they may have actually opted to not play a handful of the HTSD songs because of whatever reason. Otherwise I think we would've definitely heard Here Comes Revenge and Am I Savage by now. They've actually been moving in the opposite direction of really only playing Hardwired, Atlas, NTWD and Moth regularly on the current leg and I doubt that trend's going to reverse anymore.

I wouldn't count on it. I think they may have actually opted to not play a handful of the HTSD songs because of whatever reason. Otherwise I think we would've definitely heard Here Comes Revenge and Am I Savage by now. They've actually been moving in the opposite direction of really only playing Hardwired, Atlas, NTWD and Moth regularly on the current leg and I doubt that trend's going to reverse anymore.
Yeah, you're probably right.

I am considering going to see Metallica in London (it would have been 20 years since I last - and first - saw them live). Some of their choices when alternating setlists lately are not of my liking (playing The Memory Remains instead of Creeping Death? :nuts2:), but they play a bunch of my favourite tracks and having Nothing Else Matters and Enter Sandman as the last two encores means that I might be able to catch a train before everyone else leaves the stadium. :D

Back