Other football codes

What a game! What an incredible game so far! Utter respect to both teams.
Can't really expect them to play the second half in the same tempo but oh boy, what a celebration of Rugby football!

Speechless.
Hats off, gentlemen, messieurs, foneddigion!
Feel so privileged for watching this.

Only had one eye on it but at half time I had written Wales off. Crackin comeback. France seemed to lack fitness but fair play Wales. Great start to the tournament.

I will most certainly have 2 eyes on this afternoons game. The 6 Nations often throws up surprises but theres many who think the winner of todays game will win the whole thing. Have you seen Paddy Powers ads and billboards around Dublin? Brilliant stuff. Wind up merchants of the highest order.

upload_2019-2-2_12-45-57.jpeg
Billboard right outside the main bus station in Dublin. Most travelling English fans will be greeted by this on arrival to the city. Theres different ones around the place too.

Tough first half. Englands aggression has been the difference I think. Ireland can definitely mix it in terms of aggression, just need to turn it up a bit. Gonna be tight. Many more pints will be drank.

Horror show. Ireland started slow and it was hard to shake, England were great, very physical and they caused Ireland to make mistakes, uncommon mistakes. I'm told there was a very forward pass for England second last try but I didn't see it a second time myself. Still, England were class and deserved to win either way.
Quite cynical the way they targeted Earles and Itoje should certainly have seen yellow for his challenge. But sometimes thats how winnin is done.

Well done Scotland, interesting to see how they fare against Ireland next week.

Not an expert but England dirty cunts and a weak ref let them away with everything. Two terrible mistakes from Ireland for two of their tries.

Aye, I can think of 2, possibly 3 bad decisions from the ref that made a difference. Dirt from England a couple of times but overall I think they were just far more aggressive. I dont want it to sound like sour grapes but I think they intentionally went after Earls, 2 big, nasty hits early doors and he was done after that, never got a chance to play. The Telegraph describes it thus;

"The hapless Earls was then clattered heavily by Itoje as he lined up a catch, incurring another penalty to dent English momentum."

I'd be more inclined to say that Itoje fuckin minced him, no eyes on the ball. Should have got binned, no doubt in my mind. Replay clearly showed that he had no eyes on the ball and turned into Earls. Dirty stuff and I lay it at the door of Eddie Jones. Had to be tactical.

That said, England were great and Ireland were missin the usual spark. Irelands mistakes can easily be put down to Englands aggressive defence.

Just have to win 'em all from here on and hope that someone beats England. Points difference could be a problem, probably need to put 50 past Italy to stand a chance.

Oh, what else did the Telegraph have to say.....

" ...a giant step towards reclaiming their crown ..."

'Their' crown, is it? Get fucked.

Not an expert but England dirty cunts and a weak ref let them away with everything. Two terrible mistakes from Ireland for two of their tries.
Aye, I can think of 2, possibly 3 bad decisions from the ref that made a difference. Dirt from England a couple of times but overall I think they were just far more aggressive. I dont want it to sound like sour grapes but I think they intentionally went after Earls, 2 big, nasty hits early doors and he was done after that, never got a chance to play. The Telegraph describes it thus;

"The hapless Earls was then clattered heavily by Itoje as he lined up a catch, incurring another penalty to dent English momentum."

I'd be more inclined to say that Itoje fuckin minced him, no eyes on the ball. Should have got binned, no doubt in my mind. Replay clearly showed that he had no eyes on the ball and turned into Earls. Dirty stuff and I lay it at the door of Eddie Jones. Had to be tactical.

That said, England were great and Ireland were missin the usual spark. Irelands mistakes can easily be put down to Englands aggressive defence.

Just have to win 'em all from here on and hope that someone beats England. Points difference could be a problem, probably need to put 50 past Italy to stand a chance.

Oh, what else did the Telegraph have to say.....

" ...a giant step towards reclaiming their crown ..."

'Their' crown, is it? Get fucked.

Even less of an expert, but maybe Garcès was just reluctant to bin a second player with another one already showed the yellow card at an early stage? Ugly play from England indeed, but there's three tries that shouldn't have happened?
Hopeful for the championship though, England will get beaten at some point I'm sure:ok:

Maybe he was reluctant but that shouldn't be the case. Still wouldn't guarantee a different result. Stockdale fumbled for Englands second try but it was a wicked bounce and it was a great kick to get the ball in that position in the first place.
The intercepted try at the end would have been worse if it was a close game but at that stage Ireland had to take risks.
England were far better and probably would have wont even if you take away my grievances. England will take some stopping in this tournament.

Hopefully this is all part of the grand plan for Ireland not to peak too soon, in terms of the World Cup :ok:

View attachment 8461

PP ad taken out in English newspapers yesterday
i-shouldnt-have-said-that-i-should-not-have-said-29956015.png

:facepalm:
I blame PP for the whole thing. They got the Irish laughin and they got the English seethin. Well, that and the spankings we have given them at club and international level over recent years. Comeuppance was due!

Back