Other songs that sound like Maiden

Connor19

Stranger
Thought it would fun to share some songs from other bands that have parts that sound like Maiden songs or just have a Maiden-esqe sound to them.

Example: you hear a song and you think "hmm, sounds like Maiden".

You can even give some examples of newer Maiden songs having elements of older Maiden songs.

One of my instances I had was noticing that the main riff in "Last Resort" by Papa Roach and the intro melody of "Broken" by Bruce both sound very very similar to the part of Genghis Khan at 1:46

Discussed a lot on here before but Sword of Damocles by Judas Priest has a very Maidenish feel.

High Road by Mastodon also gives me a huge Maiden vibe.

Is this the thread where we post every fake Book of Souls "leak?"

Jethro Tull - Mountain Men
Jethro Tull - Childhood Heroes Reprise

In fact, it would be more appropriate to say that Maiden often sounds like Jethro Tull.

Thin Lizzy's Massacre. So much so Maiden covered it.

Also, you could probably drop this one in the middle of any Maiden album and it'd be a good fit.

The studio version is on Jailbreak, but live version has a bigger sound.

Also, you could probably drop this one in the middle of any Maiden album and it'd be a good fit.

Come to think of it The Boys are Back In Town is quite similar too. Sounds like it could have come off Killers

This song screams Maiden all the way. Great song, btw.

I discovered this band today outside of this site, and gave the album a listen. Quite blown away, they’re very similar to Maiden but know how to write some killer songs. This is gonna become a favorite, I can tell already.

People posted that song half a dozen times before TBOS came out here claiming it was a demo from the new album. I tried to ask them when they thought Bruce acquired a Portuguese accent and Maiden started sounding like a Mediterranean power metal band, but nobody ever answered.

More on this:
https://forum.maidenfans.com/threads/tribute-or-ripoff-you-decide.32562/
https://forum.maidenfans.com/thread...ains-album-spoilers.31236/page-54#post-520897
https://forum.maidenfans.com/thread...n-new-info-27-02-15.29022/page-51#post-498275

I discovered this band today outside of this site, and gave the album a listen. Quite blown away, they’re very similar to Maiden but know how to write some killer songs. This is gonna become a favorite, I can tell already.

That must be the most Maiden sounding song ever. Anyway, they are a great band and have released 2 albums so far - I think you should hear their second album as well, called ''Let's Raise Hell'' ->

Angel of Death which Maiden covered but haven't released :( has a Maiden style galloping rhythm.

Also tons of songs with Maiden style harmonies, e.g. Waiting for an Alibi, Do Anything You Want to, Wild One. Steve says Wishbone Ash were a bigger influence but I reckon how Maiden use harmonies is way more in common with Lizzy.

Angel of Death which Maiden covered but haven't released :( has a Maiden style galloping rhythm.

That's why I've been dying to hear it ever since it got announced. And yet, it's the only AMOLAD b-side never to be released.

Back