The Great ALEVIVOR Sleeps At Last... WINNERS!

Vote for your LEAST favorite song!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't care how cliched or 'PlayClassics' it may be, but Captain Morgan's Revenge needs to win this. Moshing to that song was the single greatest experience I've ever had at any concert I've ever been to. - Maiden included.

Also, Mexico is a top 5 song. Don't @ me.

I don't care how cliched or 'PlayClassics' it may be, but Captain Morgan's Revenge needs to win this. Moshing to that song was the single greatest experience I've ever had at any concert I've ever been to. - Maiden included.
I must admit my choices have been informed to a certain extent by my experiences of seeing them live - hence I've avoided voting for "Wenches and Mead" thus far ...

The wenches they are plenty, and the alcohol is free
The party lasts all through the night and the alcohol is free!

Come on, that's fucking lyrical genius there.

I've revised my opinion on Over the Seas since seeing them live. Also, the Alestorm concerts was the first concert I went to where I legitimately saw women's undergarments being thrown at the act. Followed by at least one naked lady crowd surfing. To quote Chris: "Oh hey! A naked lady. Oh wow."

th

Eliminated in Round 11:
Mead From Hell (6 votes)
Quest For Ships (5 votes)
Pirate Song (4 votes)
Scraping the Barrel (4 votes)
Surf Squid Warfare (4 votes)

It's a lot, I know, but we're getting very close to the final album and I think with this update, one more round should just about do it.

Voting for "Over The Seas", "Wenches & Mead", "Keelhauled", "Shipwrecked", "Hangover", and "Kvaðning".

Well, in that case - to vote for as many as possible:

Wenches and Mead, Black Sails, Sunk'n Norwegian (how is this still in the game when "Scraping the Barrel" is out?), Drink, Hangover, Sunset and Kvaðning.

Encabezado-Alestorm-1024x448.jpg

Eliminated in Round 12:
Kvaðning (5 votes)

Alestorm's final album joins the game!

1. No Grave But The Sea
  2. Mexico
  3. To the End of the World
  4. Alestorm
  5. Bar ünd Imbiss
  6. Fucked with an Anchor
  7. Pegleg Potion
  8. Man the Pumps
  9. Rage of the Pentahook
  10. Treasure Island
Bonus Tracks:
  • Flipped with a Sausage
  • Pirate Pizza Party

These songs will be our final additions to the game - from here we head straight into the finals.

...unless you guys want to have No Grave But The Sea For Dogs make an appearance... it's up to you....

Alestorm - No Grave But The Sea
  1. "No Grave But The Sea" - A cool drum intro kicks off the album and leads into a thrashy guitar riff melded with trademark Alestorm keyboards. It's a simple song with some fun Bowes vocals, cool verses, and a catchy chorus. It's taken some time to reel me in but I think I like it more now than I used to.
  2. "Mexico" - The typical short, catchy, fun second song comes in the form of this goofy anthem. It too needed time to grow on me, but I think it's really fun now. I wouldn't be surprised if it makes the Top 10.
  3. "To the End of the World" - I don't think Alestorm has ever managed to make another song that rips off so many of their previous ones before this track. I detect bits and pieces from "1741", "Sunset", and "Terrorsquid", among others, and it also has a title quite reminiscent of "To the Ends of Our Days". Still, it's a cool song, fast-paced and featuring a nice chorus. I'm okay with it.
  4. "Alestorm" - Five albums in, and Alestorm finally have a self-titled song. And it's pretty cool. Vernon and Bowes taking turns during the verses are cool, and the chorus is very catchy. Not a bad jam by any means.
  5. "Bar ünd Imbiss" - With such an interesting title, I've always expected better from this song and never got it. The lyrics tell a cool kinda story, but the chorus is mediocre and anticlimactic. It could have been in any other song and it wouldn't matter, it's just a "yayyyy weeee're piraaaates" without anything interesting. Shameful. I think they should've just had the whole song be in German, honestly. That woulda been cool, but alas...
  6. "Fucked with an Anchor" - Was anyone honestly expecting this from Alestorm? This song is just nuts. The first time I saw the title, I thought it was a joke, but no, they actually fucking did it. It may just be the novelty of it, but this song is just so much fun, probably the best thing they've ever done besides "1741" (though "Walk the Plank" and "Drink" are stiff competition) and it easily overshadows the rest of the album. Love it. A stroke of chaotic genius.
  7. "Pegleg Potion" - I never particularly cared about it before, but I think I kinda got it tonight. Cool song.
  8. "Man the Pumps" - Really cool song, love the story, love the dark but emotional ending. A success in my book. The chorus could have ended up being like the one in "Imbiss", but they managed to make it work well. Nicely done.
  9. "Rage of the Pentahook" - Cool idea, love the drumming on this track, and while the chorus is okay, it does fall in the line of "Imbiss". It is better than that one, though. I'm not against the song, but it could've been a little better. Still enjoyable.
  10. "Treasure Island" - Great ending, a great Alestorm epic track. Fun but strong, with a great chorus and vibe, and the acoustic outro is cool. Awesome.
Better album than I used to think; I step down from Sunset but still cool.
  • "Flipped with a Sausage" - The censored version of "Fucked with an Anchor" is so much fun. Still, I think I'll have to vote against it on principle.
  • "Pirate Pizza Party" - Basically the above.
Decided to use all my votes this time. I'm goin' for:
  • Over The Seas
  • Captain Morgan's Revenge
  • Wenches & Mead
  • Keelhauled
  • Shipwrecked
  • Hangover
  • No Grave But The Sea
  • To the End of the World
  • Bar ünd Imbiss
  • Pegleg Potion
  • Rage of the Pentahook
  • Flipped with a Sausage
  • Pirate Pizza Party
Tough.

Oh wow! Here's another amazing album. And I love it so much more now than I originally did the first time I heard it after seeing many of these songs live. Alestorm never fails to pump me up, Mexico is pure fun, (although I may have been a bit hasty in proclaiming it a top 5 song :oops:) Treasure Island may be their best epic ever, and Fucked with an Anchor is pure brilliance.

Over the Seas
Black Sails at Midnight
Hangover
Pegleg Potion
Man the Pumps
Rage of the Pentahook
Flipped with a Sausage
Pirate Pizza Party

No Grave but the Sea

• No Grave but the Sea - Great song, Alestorm doing what they do best. I love the chorus.
  • Mexico - Channeling "1741" in the intro, are we? This one feels very folky to me - decent fun, nothing more.
  • To the End of the World - Darker and more adventurous than the previous tracks. I think this song would've been a great fit on the band's first two albums. It's not the best song on the album, but not the worst either. Still, a vote from me.
  • Alestorm - As far as self-titled tracks go, this is underwhelming to be honest. Might be the least memorable on the album. Vote.
  • Bar ünd Imbiss - Funny title, this is a bit more interesting than the previous song. The slow-paced chorus is the highlight. I'm still gonna vote for it, just to put all of them to use,
  • Fucked with an Anchor - This is so hilariously outrageous. I love it!
  • Pegleg Potion - I really like this one. Besides the incredibly catchy chorus, it has some nice melodies throughout. Enjoyable all the way through.
  • Man the Pumps - I like the instrumental middle part here, some interesting stuff going on. Decent outro. The verses and choruses are forgettable, to say the least. Vote.
  • Rage of the Pentahook - Average track. The main melody is nice, if nothing else. Vote.
  • Treasure Island - Oh, this might be one of Alestorm's very best "epic" tracks! Engaging, well-written, with crushing guitars and great melodies. The lyrics are very Running Wild-ish, which isn't a bad thing at all. I also love the call-back to the title track in the outro. Great song!

• Flipped with a Sausage - The original is fun, this is pointless. Come on, don't try to censor your own songs! Vote.
  • Pirate Pizza Party - I'm pretty much lost for words. Vote.

So, Alestorm's latest album is very middle-of-the-road. Better than Back Through Time, but not as good as Black Sails... or Sunset.... I do think a few of the songs here are worthy of top 10, however, so let's see where it all ends up :)

Also voting for "Black Sails", "Sunk'n Norwegian", "Terrorsquid", "Drink" (can this one die already?), "Hangover" and "Sunset".

Back