Longest Time Binging on Iron Maiden

Listen time

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Similar to others, when I discovered Maiden back in the early 90s there was a good stretch of maybe 2-3 years where I was discovering their albums, videos, etc and they were basically all I listened to.

These days I'll binge when a new album comes out (I listened to Book of Souls non stop for months after release) and when I feel the urge. When those urges hit I can go a solid week or so of basically just Maiden. Then again, I only really listen to music a few hours a day so nothing super crazy.

Back in 2004 or so I did an entire discography on a road trip (studio and live albums). Felt like the fastest 12 hour round trip drive ever!

Bit of an odd question to me. Back when I got into Maiden, I would listen to nothing else for days, if not weeks or even months. Whenever I got a new album, be it a new release or one I had just discovered, it would block my CD player for ages. When I had an MP3 player to carry around with me, I often enough had it filled with Maiden only. Even today, I sometimes have days when I only listen to Maiden all day.
Hey, remember when El Dorado dropped? I think we listened to that on repeat for at least 5 hours.

On a 5 hour drive to Seattle to see Iron Maiden in 2012 I listened for the entire drive without stopping.

I remember listening to El Dorado all day before the concert in 2010.

Around the time when POM came out I could easily have listened more than 5 hrs. Then I had time.

Technically I'm still on a 12-year binge of Iron Maiden. Ever since discovering them in 2006-07, not a day goes by where I don't listen to multiple tracks or albums of theirs. They're what I play when I'm traveling to work, leaving work, or just have on when I'm around the house or relaxing on the couch.

In one sitting? Definitely the 5-6 hour mark. Most times I've seen Maiden over the past decade, I've had to drive a good 6 hours or so to the destination. And in the vehicle the entire way, I was almost always blasting Iron Maiden.

Lately, maybe two hours. I have so many live bootlegs on my ipod, I will usually select one at random, or depending upon the mood I'm in, and play it in its entirety. Sometimes I'll grab my guitar and play along to the songs I'm hearing.

They have become a part of my daily life and routine.

I rarely listen to anything less than a full album at a time, usually more like 2-3 full albums in succession. Either that or it's a single song on repeat.

When TROBB was released in late summer '06, I went on vacation soon afterwords with the song loaded on my little iPod mini. It was essentially the only thing I listened to for the next two weeks, being the first "new" Maiden to come out after I became a fan of the band.

I’m still listening to Maiden for hours at end every now and then, at least a few times each year. Especially when I was a teenager and could never sleep until next morning, I listened to the debut album and up to the Blaze albums or Brave new world cronologically

My longest straight binge of Maiden without stopping was 8 hours. I was in high school and going through a *really* rough spot in my life, and this day was particularly bad. I had asked my teacher if I could just go to an empty room to be left alone (she knew stuff was happening) so I went in there with headphones, my cell phone and a charger and listened to everything in the Maiden catalog (2014). ROTAM became my anthem because I honestly felt like the Mariner at times, as cheesy as that sounds. tl;dr Maiden probably saved me from myself.

I go through a ritual of playing almost entirely Iron Maiden for the month of February to mark the time I first got into Iron Maiden and Psycho Motel's "Welcome to the World" in February of 1996 when I was still 16 years old though I got into Psycho Motel a little later. "Somewhere In Time" was the album that got me into Iron Maiden and I listen to it at least once a day in February but I also listen to "Killers," "Piece of Mind," 'Powerslave," 'Seventh Son of a Seventh Son," "Brave New World," and "The Final Frontier" and "The Book of Souls" too. I also listen to all of "Powerslave" every Christmas Day because I got it for a Christmas present in 1996. This month and every October I usually listen to all of "Number of the Beast" and "A Matter of Life and Death." Any time is good for any Maiden album but it depends on what I feel like hearing at certain times. As for the Blaze albums, it depends. Sometimes I will listen to them in April, other times in the summer because I was always listening to the X Factor in April of 1997 and in the Summer of 1997 and Virtual XI in September of 1998 though its also more of a summer album.

Technically I don’t think I have ever stopped binging, must be 16 years now since i first heard Edward the Great

I did drop out here and there in my 20s but I now work in my office I back to back albums nearly ever day

Technically I don’t think I have ever stopped binging, must be 16 years now since i first heard Edward the Great

I did drop out here and there in my 20s but I now work in my office I back to back albums nearly ever day
I also enjoy listening to plenty of Maiden and plenty of other great bands in my office.

I go through a ritual of playing almost entirely Iron Maiden for the month of February to mark the time I first got into Iron Maiden and Psycho Motel's "Welcome to the World" in February of 1996 when I was still 16 years old though I got into Psycho Motel a little later. "Somewhere In Time" was the album that got me into Iron Maiden and I listen to it at least once a day in February but I also listen to "Killers," "Piece of Mind," 'Powerslave," 'Seventh Son of a Seventh Son," "Brave New World," and "The Final Frontier" and "The Book of Souls" too. I also listen to all of "Powerslave" every Christmas Day because I got it for a Christmas present in 1996. This month and every October I usually listen to all of "Number of the Beast" and "A Matter of Life and Death." Any time is good for any Maiden album but it depends on what I feel like hearing at certain times. As for the Blaze albums, it depends. Sometimes I will listen to them in April, other times in the summer because I was always listening to the X Factor in April of 1997 and in the Summer of 1997 and Virtual XI in September of 1998 though its also more of a summer album.

Ha, I actually do something very similar, I have playlists of "Summer" songs and "Autumn/Winter" songs. :lol: Most of Somewhere in Time and AMOLAD are in the Winter one, partly because that's the time of year I got into them and partly because of the darker sound of them, then more upbeat stuff like Brave New World and Powerslave are in the Summer one.

I've been working on a book about Maiden songs and therefore I listen to A LOT of bootlegs, so the longest time I've binged on Maiden are about 17 hours. Hell I have even listen to the same song (but different versions) for about 4 hours straight!

Back