Longest Time Binging on Iron Maiden

Discussion in 'Maiden Chat' started by Troodon'sTooth, Sep 19, 2018.

?

Listen time

Poll closed Oct 3, 2018.
  1. 30 minutes or less

3.1%
  2. 0.5-1.5 Hours

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 1.5-2 hours

3.1%
  4. 2-4 hours

21.9%
  5. 4 or 5+ hours

71.9%
  1. Troodon'sTooth

Troodon'sTooth Is Futureal Real?

Was it just at home on Spotify, on an MP3 player during a long roadtrip, or was it live in concert? Please share!

2. Brigantium

Brigantium Papa Christmas Staff Member

I've done 5+ hours many times, often while busy painting, or travelling somewhere.

3. srfc

srfc Ancient Mariner

30 minutes or less, I've never listened to a full album in one sitting

4. Troodon'sTooth

I ussually don't listen for more than 50 minutes, but one time on a 6 hour road trip through WY to SD, I listened to the entirety of 7th Son, Piece of Mind, and Somewhere in Time, as well as good portions of Killers, Fear of the Dark, and Final Frontier

5. Edington

Edington Let's Get Volatile

lolwut

I've listened to albums in their entirety multiple times, but I think the longest sitting has probably only been around 2 hours or so. I have a playlist of my 50 favourite Maiden songs, I've gotten through a lot of it in one go but never the whole thing, it's nearly six hours - 5 hours and 59 minutes to be precise. :p

6. Troodon'sTooth

The only time I have ever listened to a whole album, while not going somewhere, is piece of mind

7. Edington

Really? Did you never listen to the albums in full when you first got them?

8. Troodon'sTooth

I mainly listen to them on spotify or the official iron maiden channel or youtube

9. phantomoftheicarus

phantomoftheicarus Beelzebub

It depends on my emotional mood, Maiden usually helps me calm down and chase bad thoughts away the best so if it's one of those days then I can listen to them quite a lot

10. Diesel 11

Diesel 11 As you scream into the web of silence...

Full albums are better than individual songs.

I don't usually go over 4 hours, but there have been instances in the past.

soundwave likes this.
  11. Wogmidget

Wogmidget I rather like the restless nights

I think I ended up listening to two or three albums back-to-back a few times back when I was studying late in year 12

Since then, the only occasion that springs to mind was a 3.5 hour roadtrip on which my phone (which I'd put on shuffle) decided that Maiden and XTC were the only two bands in existence

Diesel 11 likes this.
  12. srfc

srfc Ancient Mariner

Of course.

I was just joking to point out the absurdity of having less than half an hour as an option.

13. Edington

*swoosh* That's the joke going over my head. ;)

It's not totally unbelievable to me, I used to be terrible at listening to albums. I'd get hooked on the first song or two and never listen to the whole thing.

14. Ariana

Ariana Black-and-white leopard

20 years.

soundwave, The Flash, Palpy and 6 others like this.
  15. Perun

Perun Cheesemäster Staff Member

Bit of an odd question to me. Back when I got into Maiden, I would listen to nothing else for days, if not weeks or even months. Whenever I got a new album, be it a new release or one I had just discovered, it would block my CD player for ages. When I had an MP3 player to carry around with me, I often enough had it filled with Maiden only. Even today, I sometimes have days when I only listen to Maiden all day.

soundwave likes this.
  16. Niall Kielt

Niall Kielt Pulled Her At The Bottle Top

^
    ^
    Ditto on the 2 previous posts.
    Theres literally no other band who I have listened to all their albums. I have 20 CDs in my tractor. All are Maiden. I need help.

17. Edington

I didn't even know tractors had CD players. :eek:

18. Brigantium

Brigantium Papa Christmas Staff Member

You can fit a fridge and all sorts in a tractor.

19. CriedWhenBrucieLeft

CriedWhenBrucieLeft Version 4.1.2

They don't, Niall just likes to keep his treasures close to him. Just in case of ZA.

20. Meliegree

Meliegree Be yourself unless you can be like H.

My longest run was ~15 hours. That was hard day at work, deadline of new product and I needed something to keep my awake. So I created playlist of all reunion era albums + classics + some solo stuff from Bruce and played it on shuffle.

If new album is out - I can play it till death. Book of souls was everyday on shuffle for 3 months.