Longest Time Binging on Iron Maiden

Listen time

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I listened to them every day for 11 months straight.

That was because I'd started purchasing the remasters.

I was hearing crisp, clear things I'd never noticed before.

Especially with the guitar solos. It was like they were brand new.

I listened to them every day for 11 months straight.

That was because I'd started purchasing the remasters.

I was hearing crisp, clear things I'd never noticed before.

Especially with the guitar solos. It was like they were brand new.

The 98 remasters or the 2015?

The 1998 remasters.

It was by accident, actually. My IPod was swiped, and I was out Christmas shopping, and there was a Powerslave cd in the $5 bin, so I grabbed it.

I must have listened to that cd non-stop, for a week straight.

Is there an opposite thread of this? Like how long you HAVEN'T listen to Iron Maiden. I know that I haven't listend to 90's Maiden albums for years until last year when some members on this board praised it above post-2000 Maiden.
Looking back, I think I haven't listen to Killers in full since SBIT tour, probably more.

I actually over-binged on them for a period of time right after Book of Souls came out through the 2016 and 17 tours. I then (not intentionally mind you) took a break of a good 6 months where I rarely listened to Maiden at all. After that settled I was able to go back to Maiden with an even greater appreciation for how great they are.

Even the best things in the world need to be done in some kind of moderation.

From when I first became a fan in 1987 up until Brave New World, I never really had any long listening sessions. I mostly mixed Maiden up with other stuff. The most I might do at a time would be 2 albums in a row, maybe 3. But since BNW, I've listened to each new release for quite a large period of time before I got worn out on it. When Book Of Souls came out, I might have mentioned on here how long I had been listening to it. I just can't remember the details.

Back