Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

What about starting to do some exercise with weights? That would probably trigger your body to keep more of the stuff you eat ... and you would be building muscle, not fat.

Believe me and the others who have posted ... it will build fat later anyway.

I was never skinny, but I remember being around 20, starting regular weight exercises and gaining almost 10kg over a few months ... while becoming more fit.

I've done weight training on and off for the past two years. It has increased my strength but that's it. I guess it's a matter of lifestyle (getting more regular sleep, for example) and being somewhat of a late bloomer in terms of physique that's made it hard to put on and keep weight. Working out is definitely good, though, even if there's no visible change.
Edit: And consistency, once again. Never been able to keep training for a a very long time without some longer pauses in between.

I've done weight training on and off for the past two years. It has increased my strength but that's it. I guess it's a matter of lifestyle (getting more regular sleep, for example) and being somewhat of a late bloomer in terms of physique that's made it hard to put on and keep weight. Working out is definitely good, though, even if there's no visible change.
Edit: And consistency, once again. Never been able to keep training for a a very long time without some longer pauses in between.

I'll say this, find something you like to do ... that was the key for me .. I love walking, it clears my head and gives me a chance to listen to some music while I do it. Early on there were days I wanted to skip, but I just made myself do it. Now I feel weird if I have to miss a day for some reason. I know me and I know going to the gym was never going to happen, I never liked it and never will ... try to make it fun, whatever "it" is. Maybe get some dumb bells and do it at home?

It's 7.20 in Scarborough, the sunrise over the castle is beautiful and a paper boy has just gone past wearing a Maiden shirt.

Now I have to get ready and go back to Southampton for another year :(.

So I just finished watching Death on the Road. I hear there are some complaints about the editing but honestly I only had a couple, overall it seems to work nicely. But what a setlist - so many deep tracks right there all together, and they work so well live! Great performance too. Fantastic live release from a fantastic band.

Back